Nor Cal Off Road - Page 504 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Nor Cal Off Road

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Unread 11-13-2010, 01:18 PM   #7546
NorCalCon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal View Post
I'm not Tim or Bob but, I'll be there.
I was thinking about a Wheeling vacation next year in the So Cal Desert on the way to work this morning. Maybe like Wed-Mon or something hit some trails. Going to KOH too would make it sweeter!

NorCalCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2010, 09:37 PM   #7547
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalCon View Post
I was thinking about a Wheeling vacation next year in the So Cal Desert on the way to work this morning. Maybe like Wed-Mon or something hit some trails. Going to KOH too would make it sweeter!
KOH actuall race day is Friday Feb. 11, 2011. You would need that weekend off.

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 12:31 AM   #7548
XJSean

toys for tots run at PC on the 20th this saturday....bring an unwrapped toy and wheel a little

'93 ZJ, 5.2l , 4", tube bumpers, roof rack, 32" Bighorns
XJSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 07:56 AM   #7549
Metal
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sccafire View Post
You going by yourself or with a group?
I'm thinking about cruising down there by myself, and hope I run into friends when I get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Quit overthinking the lockers. Either get real lockers or forget it, 99 percent of everything else is just mental masturbation for the sake of discussion.
Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 11:18 AM   #7550
PiKA_TJ_1868
1997 TJ Wrangler 

tranny not shifting to 2nd consistently

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camilo98 View Post
Those sound close to each other it just depends on what place you feel like will do the best job. I know you are shopping around but I would suggest just don't go the cheapest place around. They may quote a really low price, then
realize they should've charged you more so they cut corners and or call ya for extra charges. Not saying thats what happens everytime, just what I see
sometimes.

Have you thought about just replacing it with a low miles used tranny?
Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
Ding Ding Ding....... This is what I'd do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalCon View Post
My buddy owns Fulton Transmission in Sacramento. He will beat anyone's price. He's done trans for friends and clients as well as serviced my Jeep. I talked to him already $350 if it's just the valve body or $1650 if the trans needs to be gone through. He will diagnose it for free.

Ruben @ Fulton Transmission 1956 Fulton Ave - 916-487-4776
What's the best way of going about getting a low miles used tranny unless somehow it is just the valve body? I'm getting nervous with all this snow about to hit this weekend. I can drive it down to Sac for a diagnosis but getting it back up the hill to Truckee could be tough. thanks y'all

'97 White TJ Sahara, 4.0L, Auto, 2" BB, 32X11.5R15 BFG A/T KO's, KC foglights, Alpine head unit/ type S speakers, XM, iPod direct connect, Bestop Sunrider (spice)

White Jeep Club Member #1868
PiKA_TJ_1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 11:22 AM   #7551
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Check craigslist in Sacramento and Reno if you're looking for a used one. I say that's what I'd do, because I hate giving someone else my money to fix something I could do. If you're not in the same boat or don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, by all means take it in.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 02:34 PM   #7552
obxresq
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Also Check JW JEEP 916-723-3950 I know they have them for sure. What they are asking for them I don't know some prices on parts are good some not so good.

“I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman" Chief Edward F. Croker FDNY (1899-1911)

Firefighting..The only profession where you can break into someones home, flood it, rip out the walls, bust out windows, cut holes in the roof, and they THANK YOU for your service[/COLOR]
obxresq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 05:33 PM   #7553
bdock
2000 TJ Wrangler 

went out to sand mountain last weekend.

jeep did great!

MMM Beer.
bdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 06:49 PM   #7554
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKA_TJ_1868 View Post
What's the best way of going about getting a low miles used tranny unless somehow it is just the valve body? I'm getting nervous with all this snow about to hit this weekend. I can drive it down to Sac for a diagnosis but getting it back up the hill to Truckee could be tough. thanks y'all
i just dropped of the motor home tranny at advance transmition of folsum blvd in sac. he said it might be done in one day and for a complete rebuild plus converter its $1150.
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #7555
WJChris
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxresq View Post
Also Check JW JEEP 916-723-3950 I know they have them for sure. What they are asking for them I don't know some prices on parts are good some not so good.
they want $650 for a 242!! That seems a bit steep to me.
WJChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 07:38 PM   #7556
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJChris View Post
they want $650 for a 242!! That seems a bit steep to me.
J&W thinks they're selling new parts.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 10:45 PM   #7557
XJSean

go in to J&W ask for Gary ....he will treat you right. i have been dealing with them for years there nothing but good guys in there. there having hard times just like most small companies right now, money talks.

thanks guys
Sean

'93 ZJ, 5.2l , 4", tube bumpers, roof rack, 32" Bighorns
XJSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2010, 12:11 AM   #7558
obxresq
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I agree, Gary and Neil have been good to me too over the years. Like I said before some prices are good, some not so good. Like stated I do get better prices when I am there in person.

“I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman" Chief Edward F. Croker FDNY (1899-1911)

Firefighting..The only profession where you can break into someones home, flood it, rip out the walls, bust out windows, cut holes in the roof, and they THANK YOU for your service[/COLOR]
Unread 11-16-2010, 03:21 PM   #7559
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdock View Post
went out to sand mountain last weekend.

jeep did great!

Dude what the hell????????? I was at sand mountain all day saturday you should have told me you were going before hand or maybe I should have said something damn that sucks dude
Unread 11-16-2010, 05:07 PM   #7560
obxresq
2000 TJ Wrangler 

When are we planning a snow run???

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.