Nor Cal Off Road - Page 498 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Nor Cal Off Road

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still AvailableCurrie Currectlync Steering Upgrade Kits and Currie Anti-R

Unread 10-22-2010, 07:39 PM   #7456
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sccafire View Post
For those who are still interested, we are still meeting tomorrow for pizza and such at 1pm. Here is a link to the place we are meeting.

Mark and Monica's
So who all is going? I should be there, unless my girlfriend shows up early.

White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2010, 07:46 PM   #7457
kirbWJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

hey guys, im up just north of susanville (by reno just across stateline) in lassen natl forest. if anybody is ever interested in going wheeling, i know some pretty sweet places. is there any 4x4 clubs up near my area that anybody knows of?
Unread 10-22-2010, 11:40 PM   #7458
intub8u
1995 YJ Wrangler 

So now that I've found everyone again...what the H happened to NorCalJeepers.net???
intub8u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2010, 11:41 PM   #7459
obxresq
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Dunno ???I havent been able to get on it in over a month

I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman" Chief Edward F. Croker FDNY (1899-1911)

Firefighting..The only profession where you can break into someones home, flood it, rip out the walls, bust out windows, cut holes in the roof, and they THANK YOU for your service[/COLOR]
obxresq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2010, 11:43 PM   #7460
intub8u
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'm sure Mr. B knows
Unread 10-23-2010, 12:00 AM   #7461
obxresq
2000 TJ Wrangler 

He is a moderator just like me, and I have tried to e-mail big Connor but yet no replies.

I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman" Chief Edward F. Croker FDNY (1899-1911)

Firefighting..The only profession where you can break into someones home, flood it, rip out the walls, bust out windows, cut holes in the roof, and they THANK YOU for your service[/COLOR]
obxresq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2010, 08:52 AM   #7462
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I saw him at work the other day, and he said he just forgot to pay the dues. He said he was going to bring it back up, but so far he hasn't. I'm trying to negotiate to take it over for him, but that's not leading anywhere right now.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2010, 01:23 PM   #7463
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbWJ View Post
hey guys, im up just north of susanville (by reno just across stateline) in lassen natl forest. if anybody is ever interested in going wheeling, i know some pretty sweet places. is there any 4x4 clubs up near my area that anybody knows of?
Reno4x4
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 02:14 AM   #7464
intub8u
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
I saw him at work the other day, and he said he just forgot to pay the dues. He said he was going to bring it back up, but so far he hasn't. I'm trying to negotiate to take it over for him, but that's not leading anywhere right now.
So what's news?
Unread 10-27-2010, 02:07 PM   #7465
PiKA_TJ_1868
1997 TJ Wrangler 

my 32RH tranny is slipping bad, won't go into 2nd if I'm going uphill. Local Truckee garage wants $4,338.23 to replace...waaaay too high, any recommendations at all? thanks guys

'97 White TJ Sahara, 4.0L, Auto, 2" BB, 32X11.5R15 BFG A/T KO's, KC foglights, Alpine head unit/ type S speakers, XM, iPod direct connect, Bestop Sunrider (spice)

White Jeep Club Member #1868
PiKA_TJ_1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 02:30 PM   #7466
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKA_TJ_1868 View Post
my 32RH tranny is slipping bad, won't go into 2nd if I'm going uphill. Local Truckee garage wants $4,338.23 to replace...waaaay too high, any recommendations at all? thanks guys
Have you checked the fluid level yourself recently?

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 03:03 PM   #7467
NorCalCon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
My buddy owns Fulton Transmission in Sacramento. He will beat anyone's price. He's done trans for friends and clients as well as serviced my Jeep. I talked to him already $350 if it's just the valve body or $1650 if the trans needs to be gone through. He will diagnose it for free.

Ruben @ Fulton Transmission 1956 Fulton Ave - 916-487-4776
NorCalCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 03:09 PM   #7468
PiKA_TJ_1868
1997 TJ Wrangler 

thank you NorCalCon I'll look into it. so far for a rebuild...

AAMCO in Reno quoted anywhere from 1750-2800

Levco (Jesse) quoted around 2200 (sounded like he'd be more willing to work with me)

Transcraft (Matt & Mike) quoted ballpark 2000 (just did work on Off Road Innovations rig's tranny)

I'll call Ruben and see what he says

'97 White TJ Sahara, 4.0L, Auto, 2" BB, 32X11.5R15 BFG A/T KO's, KC foglights, Alpine head unit/ type S speakers, XM, iPod direct connect, Bestop Sunrider (spice)

White Jeep Club Member #1868
PiKA_TJ_1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 05:25 PM   #7469
Camilo98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
thank you NorCalCon I'll look into it. so far for a rebuild...

AAMCO in Reno quoted anywhere from 1750-2800

Levco (Jesse) quoted around 2200 (sounded like he'd be more willing to work with me)

Transcraft (Matt & Mike) quoted ballpark 2000 (just did work on Off Road Innovations rig's tranny)

I'll call Ruben and see what he says
Those sound close to each other it just depends on what place you feel like will do the best job. I know you are shopping around but I would suggest just don't go the cheapest place around. They may quote a really low price, then
realize they should've charged you more so they cut corners and or call ya for extra charges. Not saying thats what happens everytime, just what I see
sometimes.

Have you thought about just replacing it with a low miles used tranny?
Camilo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 06:57 PM   #7470
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camilo98 View Post
Have you though about just replacing it with a low miles used tranny?

Ding Ding Ding....... This is what I'd do.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.