Nor Cal Off Road - Page 497 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Nor Cal Off Road

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 10-20-2010, 09:28 PM   #7441
Rons92yj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

They are narrow track,and have front drum brakes but yeah Dana 30 front and 44 rear

Rons92yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2010, 09:35 PM   #7442
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
What are you off tonight, or is it a slow night in Mayberry?
Nope it's just VERY slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rons92yj View Post
They are narrow track,and have front drum brakes but yeah Dana 30 front and 44 rear
The Aussie website lists the same part number for a '72 CJ5 all the way through to the TJ's (XD-13027). The JK D30 is different though.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2010, 09:44 PM   #7443
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
Why you selling your Aussie Connor? I love mine and it's worked great, but I've got the opportunity to get an ARB so I'm going that route before the re-gear.
Because its a front Dana 30 locker which is terrible in the snow!! and I live in Reno now. Plus i could use the money for my lift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camilo98 View Post
Dont know if these will work but

Teraflex Revolver Shackles YJ CJ NEW

And anyone looking for some 35's??

(5) 35x12.5x15 Goodyear Wrangler MTR Tires and Wheels
These are the shackles that unload on you while wheeling in off camber situations..
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2010, 11:35 PM   #7444
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor0770 View Post
Because its a front Dana 30 locker which is terrible in the snow!! and I live in Reno now. Plus i could use the money for my lift.
You've been listening to WAY too many web wheelers.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2010, 01:09 AM   #7445
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You've been listening to WAY too many web wheelers.
i heard it from some people up here... they say its terrible! right now i dont know who to believe. I just want to ask somebody who drives in the snow all the time and on the freeway in 4wd with a front aussie locker
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
Unread 10-21-2010, 01:18 AM   #7446
obxresq
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I don't drive my jeep in the snow. It gets that dirty film all over it and my tires get cold.

“I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman" Chief Edward F. Croker FDNY (1899-1911)

Firefighting..The only profession where you can break into someones home, flood it, rip out the walls, bust out windows, cut holes in the roof, and they THANK YOU for your service[/COLOR]
obxresq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2010, 08:56 AM   #7447
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
i heard it from some people up here... they say its terrible! right now i dont know who to believe. I just want to ask somebody who drives in the snow all the time and on the freeway in 4wd with a front aussie locker
Well I don't have any experience driving on the freeway in 4wd with a front aussie locker, and I don't think anyone with a brain would. I did grow up in Minnesota, and drove everywhere I wanted with a 2wd car. I don't understand the need to have to run 4wd, just because there's snow on the road. Sure there were plenty of times I wish I had 4wd back then, but they were always in situations that I was stuck in some snowdrift, and steering wasn't necessary to get out. 4wd won't help you stop any faster. And steering in snow isn't easy anyway. Just stay in 2wd until that time when you want to get some air off a snow drift.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2010, 10:15 AM   #7448
Camilo98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well I don't have any experience driving on the freeway in 4wd with a front aussie locker, and I don't think anyone with a brain would. I did grow up in Minnesota, and drove everywhere I wanted with a 2wd car. I don't understand the need to have to run 4wd, just because there's snow on the road. Sure there were plenty of times I wish I had 4wd back then, but they were always in situations that I was stuck in some snowdrift, and steering wasn't necessary to get out. 4wd won't help you stop any faster. And steering in snow isn't easy anyway. Just stay in 2wd until that time when you want to get some air off a snow drift.
Mr B how is your driving with that aussie in the snow working for you? I mean on the freeway and backroads in 2wd but still having that aussie up front? good and bad..?
Camilo98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2010, 11:23 AM   #7449
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxresq View Post
I don't drive my jeep in the snow. It gets that dirty film all over it and my tires get cold.
Plus your stuff likes to bail out too.

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2010, 01:13 PM   #7450
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxresq View Post
thats right you have a front aussie.. how is it for you??
Unread 10-21-2010, 07:25 PM   #7451
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camilo98 View Post
Mr B how is your driving with that aussie in the snow working for you? I mean on the freeway and backroads in 2wd but still having that aussie up front? good and bad..?

First of all, I have a vacuum disconnect of the front passenger side. It's standard on a YJ. So in 2wd there is no connection in the front.

The only time I drove it in the snow,(I've had my fill of snow in Minnesota) was the day I had my heart attack. So I don't have a fond recollection of that day. I do know that driving up to the snow park, I stayed in 2wd. On the way out, the part of the road that was plowed was rather narrow. I had to steer in the unplowed area for a minivan. I did get stuck, but I simply put it 4wd, and drove straight out. Then I went back to 2wd.

If you are driving through snow so deep that you need 4wd, you better not be going very fast.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2010, 01:31 AM   #7452
obxresq
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
thats right you have a front aussie.. how is it for you??
I have no lockers I am open front and rear.

“I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman" Chief Edward F. Croker FDNY (1899-1911)

Firefighting..The only profession where you can break into someones home, flood it, rip out the walls, bust out windows, cut holes in the roof, and they THANK YOU for your service[/COLOR]
Unread 10-22-2010, 01:31 AM   #7453
obxresq
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sccafire View Post
Plus your stuff likes to bail out too.
This is true. of course thats just me driving everything and everyone wants to bail

Unread 10-22-2010, 01:37 AM   #7454
obxresq
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What are you off tonight, or is it a slow night in Mayberry?
Quote:
Nope it's just VERY slow.
While Tim was web wheeling, little did he know this was the scene in front of the Police Department.
bad-part-town.jpg  

Unread 10-22-2010, 06:11 PM   #7455
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

For those who are still interested, we are still meeting tomorrow for pizza and such at 1pm. Here is a link to the place we are meeting.

Mark and Monica's

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.