Nor Cal Off Road - Page 491 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Nor Cal Off Road

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 10-05-2010, 04:01 PM   #7351
bdock
2000 TJ Wrangler 

ya lets do it. ill go!

also i mistakenly found out my rear end is on ACID!!! it rained on my lunch break in elk grove today and i was in a parking lot with new pavement and found out quickly! i was so excited i called the dealer with my vin to verify. i thought it was just an open dif. this makes today awesome.

MMM Beer.
bdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2010, 04:55 PM   #7352
OneCleanYj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
oh wah wah I have to ride to work on a motorcycle.......but given how much I love it I would ride it in the snow haha
but is this at 5 in the morning in overcast weather?
Unread 10-05-2010, 05:09 PM   #7353
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneCleanYj View Post
but is this at 5 in the morning in overcast weather?
4:30 in the morning and windy
Unread 10-05-2010, 05:38 PM   #7354
Camilo98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'm down for a snow run! couldnt make it last year but sounds like the jeep will be stable for a while now.
Camilo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 09:20 AM   #7355
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

i was outside trying to pull the tranny out of my motorhome and as usuall there is gun fire in the distance. when all of a sudden my rear window in the hardtop explodes! it really wasnt in line with the location of the gun fire and im not sure if a bullet is what caused it. where is the best place to get replacement glass cheaply. or can i put a piece of plexyglass in? i should have traded mrb when i had the chance. it might be cheaper to get a soft top.
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 09:32 AM   #7356
Camilo98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
i was outside trying to pull the tranny out of my motorhome and as usuall there is gun fire in the distance. when all of a sudden my rear window in the hardtop explodes! it really wasnt in line with the location of the gun fire and im not sure if a bullet is what caused it. where is the best place to get replacement glass cheaply. or can i put a piece of plexyglass in? i should have traded mrb when i had the chance. it might be cheaper to get a soft top.
wow thats not good? so what do you mean 'as usuall', do you get a lot of people discharging their fire arms up there? thas no bueno
Unread 10-06-2010, 09:48 AM   #7357
hawk3ye
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Snow trip good.

Let me know when.

-M

Bay Area JP Club
hawk3ye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 10:17 AM   #7358
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camilo98 View Post
wow thats not good? so what do you mean 'as usuall', do you get a lot of people discharging their fire arms up there? thas no bueno
you can here shooting almost daily. no big deal. theres a lot of deer and turkys running around and a lot of people are out of work so i think that there is more than target practice going on.
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Unread 10-06-2010, 11:10 AM   #7359
obxresq
2000 TJ Wrangler 

The cheapest route would be pexiglass at just about any hardware store. Replacement glass also should not be that expensive since it is a flat piece and tempered. Most auto glass places would have prices for you.

“I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman" Chief Edward F. Croker FDNY (1899-1911)

Firefighting..The only profession where you can break into someones home, flood it, rip out the walls, bust out windows, cut holes in the roof, and they THANK YOU for your service[/COLOR]
obxresq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 11:45 AM   #7360
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Three words: Duct tape, plastic.

It makes that little rub I got on the Rubicon look like nothing.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 12:04 PM   #7361
Camilo98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Bob I'm calling the people we use for windshield replacements and stuff like that to get a quote on you rear glass. I should be hearing back within 30min.
Unread 10-06-2010, 12:50 PM   #7362
NorCalCon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Bob, I'll check with my buddy he has a glass shop.

$280 without defrost. Wholesale plus $20.
NorCalCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 12:52 PM   #7363
Goobersbro

So I'm cutting my tub in half....and doing a cab conversion.....do to rust the back part of my tub isn't salvagable without a ton of work that I'm not willing to do. SO anyways I'm going to cut the far back part of the tub and cut the tub behind the doors then weld the back corners behind the doors.....I have plenty of metal to do all of this so what the hell rite? Anywho I'm going to try fiberglass patching or whatever my hard top I'm going to cut it as seen in the picture and then try to put it back together should be interesting but this is the current plan...for the back of the jeep I'm planning on doing probably like a 18" stretch and doing a flat bed.... anywho yea thoughts?

Unread 10-06-2010, 03:22 PM   #7364
NorCalCon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
So I'm cutting my tub in half....and doing a cab conversion.....do to rust the back part of my tub isn't salvagable without a ton of work that I'm not willing to do. SO anyways I'm going to cut the far back part of the tub and cut the tub behind the doors then weld the back corners behind the doors.....I have plenty of metal to do all of this so what the hell rite? Anywho I'm going to try fiberglass patching or whatever my hard top I'm going to cut it as seen in the picture and then try to put it back together should be interesting but this is the current plan...for the back of the jeep I'm planning on doing probably like a 18" stretch and doing a flat bed.... anywho yea thoughts?

I like the Flat Bed Yellow Rubicon

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/j...latbed-737330/
NorCalCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #7365
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxresq View Post
The cheapest route would be pexiglass at just about any hardware store. Replacement glass also should not be that expensive since it is a flat piece and tempered. Most auto glass places would have prices for you.
plexi should be way cheaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
Three words: Duct tape, plastic.
nice work

It makes that little rub I got on the Rubicon look like nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camilo98 View Post
Bob I'm calling the people we use for windshield replacements and stuff like that to get a quote on you rear glass. I should be hearing back within 30min.
thanks, can you beat norcalcons price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalCon View Post
Bob, I'll check with my buddy he has a glass shop.

$280 without defrost. Wholesale plus $20.
thanks,
thats more than you would think a flat piece of glass would cost

im in contact with a guy that might trade me a softtop and 1/2 doors. we will see

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.