Nor Cal Off Road - Page 49 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Nor Cal Off Road

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 05-16-2009, 06:18 PM   #721
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
yeap because once you get the lift and you decide what tires you want to run then you can base a rim around that rather you gonna run 10 50s or 12 50s how offset you want them like lets say you buy 10.50s but you want the wider stance look or lets say you want a 16 inch rim verse a 15 or whatever you know so you always start with the suspension and then go from there
yea, well im pretty much set on gettin some 31 retreads, not 33's since i dont want to regear and lose all that power since its my DD. and for rims im pretty set on Cragar Soft 8's but i also like the look of Moabs

97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2009, 06:19 PM   #722
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor0770 View Post
yea, well im pretty much set on gettin some 31 retreads, not 33's since i dont want to regear and lose all that power since its my DD. and for rims im pretty set on Cragar Soft 8's but i also like the look of Moabs
ahh see but do you consider steping up to 33s some day
Unread 05-16-2009, 06:22 PM   #723
yjjustforme
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hey Bob and Tim, i was debating on getting an aussie for my yj and was wondering if it would be better to get it for my rear 44 or my front 30? Also, how hard would it be to install? And do you know of any places that sell them for cheap?
Unread 05-16-2009, 06:24 PM   #724
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
ahh see but do you consider steping up to 33s some day
OH YEA.. def consider stepping up. but i def dont have the money to re-gear. so i think ill run 31's until i get some more armor and stuff on my jeep then maybe in 2-3 years i will get some 33's and re-gear... and possible 4.5 lift
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
Unread 05-16-2009, 06:26 PM   #725
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjjustforme View Post
Hey Bob and Tim, i was debating on getting an aussie for my yj and was wondering if it would be better to get it for my rear 44 or my front 30? Also, how hard would it be to install? And do you know of any places that sell them for cheap?
could have asked me lol i would lock the front first it seems to help more and I prefer having a selectable in the rear as for install its super easy I had never really done any mechanical work outside of thermostats and maintence and when i did my front end overhaul i decided to try it and it was simple you could totally do it
Unread 05-16-2009, 06:26 PM   #726
Goobersbro

Quote:
OH YEA.. def consider stepping up. but i def dont have the money to re-gear. so i think ill run 31's until i get some more armor and stuff on my jeep then maybe in 2-3 years i will get some 33's and re-gear... and possible 4.5 lift
okay so do you like mud or rocks more
Unread 05-16-2009, 06:28 PM   #727
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
okay so do you like mud or rocks more
haha, well mud is a pain to clean. and i havnt really had the right rig to do rocks yet so i dont know...y?
Unread 05-16-2009, 06:31 PM   #728
Goobersbro

Quote:
haha, well mud is a pain to clean. and i havnt really had the right rig to do rocks yet so i dont know...y?
well because that will be a huge deciding factor in what width you want to run if your gonna do tons of mud which i wouldn't recomend for several reasons you want a skinny tall tire so you want a 9.50-10.50 if you doing rocks you want a nice wide tire like a 12.50+

I dont recomend mud because it destroys everything, its a pain to clean, there is always a risk of hitting a deep one and hydrolocking the engine or some crap, it will break down all your gaskets around your tie rods and crap and allow dirt to get in the ends eventually causing your tie rod ends to fail and i have several more reasons with all that said i avoid mud and deep water if at all possible
Unread 05-16-2009, 06:35 PM   #729
Goobersbro

il be back in 20s im going to CJ's for some dinner
Unread 05-16-2009, 06:36 PM   #730
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
well because that will be a huge deciding factor in what width you want to run if your gonna do tons of mud which i wouldn't recomend for several reasons you want a skinny tall tire so you want a 9.50-10.50 if you doing rocks you want a nice wide tire like a 12.50+

I dont recomend mud because it destroys everything, its a pain to clean, there is always a risk of hitting a deep one and hydrolocking the engine or some crap, it will break down all your gaskets around your tie rods and crap and allow dirt to get in the ends eventually causing your tie rod ends to fail and i have several more reasons with all that said i avoid mud and deep water if at all possible
lets just say prairie city was an eye opener kinda. since i ride dirtbikes i have been to prairie city multiple times, and they are known for their mud. ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET OFF. it take me hours to clean my bike. anyway, when we showed up in the jeep, i told myself no mud today cause i know that PC mud is a *****. but at the end of the day we found a decent size mud pit. and both my friends went through it, and it looked like fun so i did it once, twice,3,4,5,6,7 times. when i got home and when i was cleaning it i told myself im never gna do it again. EVER.... so ill stick to rocks. but wouldnt wider tires give me bad gas mileage
Unread 05-16-2009, 06:38 PM   #731
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
il be back in 20s im going to CJ's for some dinner
you better get the six dollar original double western bacon cheeseburger, with large crisp cut fries, a large Dr. Pepper, and if yours has them a large Captain Crunch Shake

well thats what i get after every track meet, and at least once every 2 weeks...
Unread 05-16-2009, 06:44 PM   #732
yjjustforme
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry goober!!!! I forgot you had one. But newayz, if i buy one you wana help me throw it in.
Unread 05-16-2009, 07:12 PM   #733
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjjustforme View Post
Sorry goober!!!! I forgot you had one. But newayz, if i buy one you wana help me throw it in.
after he helps me put my lift on hahaha
Unread 05-16-2009, 07:15 PM   #734
Goobersbro

i think we should do a project day i know the san diego jeepers do them and they sound like a ton of fun so basicly what we would do is pick the persons house with the most space and tools and then everyone else would bring what tools they have and what they want to to there jeeps then we all show up early like 9 am stay through the day however long it takes to do the projects and then we all go back home there just fun weekend gatherings and you can get a ton of stuff knocked out so i think after we do this run we should set one up what do you guys think

Although the lift i dont know if we could do in one day i guess we could but i dont know so that we would still probably do over a weekend connor
Unread 05-16-2009, 07:18 PM   #735
Goobersbro

Quote:
you better get the six dollar original double western bacon cheeseburger, with large crisp cut fries, a large Dr. Pepper, and if yours has them a large Captain Crunch Shake

well thats what i get after every track meet, and at least once every 2 weeks...
no I got the six dollar gaucamole burger criss cuts and a coke with ranch on the side hmmmm so tasty one of my favorites i really liked the philly cheesteak burgur though when they had it that was the stinken bomb

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.