Nor Cal Off Road - Page 47 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Nor Cal Off Road

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-15-2009, 10:35 PM   #691
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sccafire View Post
The $319 listed with the lift kit for the monotube shocks is for 4 I would think. That would make them about $80 a piece. I could not imagaine them being $314 a piece. So on craigs list if you can't find a better price tha $80 a piece, then go for new. If you find used shocks you should try and pick them up in person. That way you can try and colapse the shocks by hand before buying them. If they colapse do not buy them.
ok thanx! im still looking. nothing looks like its in good condition on craigslist.

97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2009, 10:43 PM   #692
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

conner are you going to run 33" tires?
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2009, 10:45 PM   #693
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
conner are you going to run 33" tires?
eh its debatable??? that means i have to re-gera, and i will lose alot of power!! so i think im gna wait a little till i move up to 33's
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
Unread 05-15-2009, 10:54 PM   #694
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

good point
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2009, 10:55 PM   #695
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

wow, nobody is talkin 2night
Unread 05-15-2009, 11:00 PM   #696
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Trying to study for my HAM test in the morning and watch the thread.

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2009, 11:01 PM   #697
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Trying to study for my HAM test in the morning and watch the thread.
HAHA iv been studying for mine also!! its pretty hard
Unread 05-15-2009, 11:03 PM   #698
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor0770 View Post
HAHA iv been studying for mine also!! its pretty hard
PM me your e-mail addy and I will send you a good study guide. It has all the possible questions and answers for the Technician level test.

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2009, 11:09 PM   #699
CMARJEEP
2001 WJ 

I think I have some SAR training that might interfere with this trip. Looks like I might have to sit this one out.
Unread 05-15-2009, 11:12 PM   #700
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMARJEEP View Post
I think I have some SAR training that might interfere with this trip. Looks like I might have to sit this one out.
do you know a kid named Ryan... He is in SAR up in Eldorado County
Unread 05-15-2009, 11:35 PM   #701
Goobersbro

Quote:
I was the same way when I bought my first jeep. You just need to get that out of your mind. This trail will be a good persay "learning" run. The more you go and learn more about what your Jeep can do and learn more about which lines to pick, the easier it will get.
yea i have done a lot of wheeling but nothing grand you know just the normal mud and some obstacles like some hill climbs and off camber spots but i have never really done anything on rocks im super excited though and this will be the first time i can finally air down.

I think im going to try to borrow a friends tire he is comming with me and i think im going to take one of his tires off his truck and put it on my bumper for a spare. He has the same bolt on pattern same rim except black and the same exact tire lol

but yea its pretty sad when i have to borrow a full size spare and im only running 31s haha but when i move up to 33s im going to buy 5 and i will move up as soon as i have the gearing and money
Unread 05-15-2009, 11:37 PM   #702
Goobersbro

alright well im off to bed i have to get up at 5am so peace out yall
Unread 05-16-2009, 01:41 AM   #703
NorCalCon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal View Post
Off Topic:

Bob and anybody else who was thinking about running Strawberry this Sunday with the Posse, there is a new meeting place. We are now meeting at Fresh Pond (I think it's a Chevron) at 0830 with a 0900 roll out.
I invite everyone to come. It is a trail maintenance run but there will be fun wheeling on a moderate trail. It's usually an easy trail but with snow, it gets a little tougher.
That is all....carry on....

Back to the normal BS.

Sounds like fun to me I think I'll be there. Are you going Metal?
NorCalCon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2009, 02:40 AM   #704
NorcalYJ92
1992 YJ Wrangler 

is there anything going on before the 15th?
the anticipation is killing me, and if i can find someone to go with i'd like to do something sooner as well!
Unread 05-16-2009, 06:59 AM   #705
Metal
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalCon View Post
Sounds like fun to me I think I'll be there. Are you going Metal?
Yup. ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Quit overthinking the lockers. Either get real lockers or forget it, 99 percent of everything else is just mental masturbation for the sake of discussion.
Metal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.