Nor Cal Off Road - Page 41 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Nor Cal Off Road

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Alloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 05-15-2009, 12:05 AM   #601
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

hhahaha, yea there is alot of BS in here. i think we should catch up to the colorado thread hahhah they are on page like 734 or somehting like that

97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2009, 12:07 AM   #602
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorcalYJ92 View Post
have you installed lockers?
i may order some.
what size tires you running i seen in the other thread that your soa and running the stock axles so im assuming you have 33s-35s in that case i would buy an Aussie locker and throw it up front there pretty easy to install and help abunch then i would save up and do a 8.8 with Limited slip or leave it open and install a locker of your choice
Unread 05-15-2009, 12:12 AM   #603
NorcalYJ92
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
what size tires you running i seen in the other thread that your soa and running the stock axles so im assuming you have 33s-35s in that case i would buy an Aussie locker and throw it up front there pretty easy to install and help abunch then i would save up and do a 8.8 with Limited slip or leave it open and install a locker of your choice
35" tires.
how much approx is an aussie locker and does anyone know anything about posi-locks (cable type)?
Unread 05-15-2009, 12:14 AM   #604
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hey NorcalYJ92 I had a thought to help with your commute for the run. If you are not working on the sunday before see if you can stay at somebodys place the night before.

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2009, 12:14 AM   #605
Goobersbro

Quote:
35" tires.
how much approx is an aussie locker and does anyone know anything about posi-locks (cable type)?
yea you really need to upgrade that rear axle especially if you plan on locking it i used the stock vacuum set up but i did some improvements to it i used some of those clamps that you pinch and then release and they tighten... i put those over the hoses and then released it and it holds it on nice and tite and then just to be extra good and because i had nothing better to do i put rvt all around the bases they hold really good like to the point where i can flex the jeep and stretch the hoses and they still dont fall off
Unread 05-15-2009, 12:15 AM   #606
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
35" tires.

OX locker is a cable type locker and posi-lock is for the front axle to engage 4wd.

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Unread 05-15-2009, 12:16 AM   #607
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sccafire View Post
OX locker is a cable type locker.
he is refering to the vacuum disconect system that connects the two shafts on the passenger side. The tjs converted to a one piece shaft just like the xjs (although i have heard of some xjs having a disco too)

Norcal just google it or do a quick search in the yj tech forum also yet again on the trail run you can look at Bob (bigsquats) set up
Unread 05-15-2009, 12:19 AM   #608
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
he is refering to the vacuum disconect system that connects the two shafts on the passenger side. The tjs converted to a one piece shaft just like the xjs (although i have heard of some xjs having a disco too)

Norcal just google it or do a quick search in the yj tech forum also yet again on the trail run you can look at Bob (bigsquats) set up

Correct! the Posi-lock is the brand name for the company that makes the cable system to replace the vacuum system.

http://www.4x4posi-lok.com/

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Unread 05-15-2009, 12:19 AM   #609
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sccafire View Post
Hey NorcalYJ92 I had a thought to help with your commute for the run. If you are not working on the sunday before see if you can stay at somebodys place the night before.
SLUMBER PARTYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
Unread 05-15-2009, 12:27 AM   #610
NorcalYJ92
1992 YJ Wrangler 

If anyone has a place to crash at on sunday it would deffinetly help the commute.
as far as the posi-lock does this set up look good?
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/pts/1160138873.html
Unread 05-15-2009, 12:30 AM   #611
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
im sorry i knew that sounded to far it was 3 hours and 20 minutes i did it this morning before work i probably should wake up earlier next time
it tells me i should go 99 to 50 but i know for a fact if i take 65 to 193 to 49 it will be faster i know this because i use to drive to auburn all the time and i can get to auburn pretty fast 49 is pretty windy but it wont be to bad it only adds 10 minutes going this way but i can make that up lol
I think you'd be better off, taking 65 to 80 to Sierra College to Hazel to 50, early enough in the morning there shouldn't be too much traffic. I'll be taking 49 all the way down to P'ville but only so I'm not dropping back west.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2009, 12:30 AM   #612
Goobersbro

Quote:
If anyone has a place to crash at on sunday it would deffinetly help the commute.
no because it cost 100 bucks you can do it for like less than 15

unless you plan on buying a locker and installing it before the run i would say just wait and look at Bob's set up and im not sure who else going has done it and then go from there but yea you can make one for way cheaper than 100 bucks
Unread 05-15-2009, 12:33 AM   #613
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
I think you'd be better off, taking 65 to 80 to Sierra College to Hazel to 50, early enough in the morning there shouldn't be too much traffic. I'll be taking 49 all the way down to P'ville but only so I'm not dropping back west.
me and bob have it made (since we live so close)
Unread 05-15-2009, 12:34 AM   #614
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I wouldn't pay $100 for one. Read this thread.... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/home-made-posi-lock-write-up-595515/

It's easy to do Bob and I both run a home made setup.

As far as the commute goes, I'm still down for camping Monday night if anyone else is interested. I would just figure a few beers, some grillin, then off in the morning.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2009, 12:37 AM   #615
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
so i gps'd it both ways and 50 is a little bit longer but according to time its the exact same rather i take 49 or 50 but 49 is a bit curvy same as 193

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.