Nor Cal Off Road - Page 401 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Nor Cal Off Road

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteinjager TJ tube doorsAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONS

Unread 03-30-2010, 08:07 PM   #6001
carkook

Hey, Im new around here but just got myself a cherokee. I was just searching for trails in the santa cruz area and stumboled across this link. He says the trail is off of summit road exit, Im assuming off of higway 17 since he is located in san jose. Does anyone know where this is?! It looks like a great trail. Lots of great pictures too.

Summit Road -Santa Cruz Mountains- PHOTOS - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum

carkook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 08:15 PM   #6002
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean924 View Post
yup, i just did my TC skid about 5 minutes ago, the duplicolor truck bedliner works pretty well, covers great in one coat and dries quick, and its like 4.99 per can, not bad. whatever, works for the slider install day man, your house or mine doesnt make too much a difference to me.
well heres the problem, we both have steep driveways and i can barely fit my jeep in the garage because of the mess. We can do it at my place if i get the garage cleaned up, but its not looking too promising.

Got my disconnects in, only cost me like 10 bucks. Took out the sway bar and sprayed a coat of anti-rust paint on it. Now i need to do some fender trimming cause im rubbin alot!
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 08:34 PM   #6003
joshrad
Who needs roads?

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by carkook View Post
Hey, Im new around here but just got myself a cherokee. I was just searching for trails in the santa cruz area and stumboled across this link. He says the trail is off of summit road exit, Im assuming off of higway 17 since he is located in san jose. Does anyone know where this is?! It looks like a great trail. Lots of great pictures too.

I'm not sure where that is. To be honest I didn't know there was anything that close(I'm right on the other side of the hill). I've been trying to find fire roads or something off of summit but I heard they're all locked and don't allow public access (I might be wrong though). Oh, and welcome to the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJames1226 View Post
Once the members of jeepforum get drunk enough, anyone can be a lawyer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz_Soldier
Wait! Does that mean XJs are Xtreme Jeeps?
joshrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 08:37 PM   #6004
carkook

Thanks! yeah me and a buddy of mine just got some cherokee's, there both on 31's. In the next few weeks mine have a welded front and 33's. Were always down to go wheeling but there arnt very many spots around here. Im in santa cruz and thats fairly close. I really want to find out where this is.

Also, I saw another two door XJ stop next to mine, take a picture and then drive off. I was at work right off soquel avenue. Any of you?
Unread 03-30-2010, 09:49 PM   #6005
sean924
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor0770 View Post
well heres the problem, we both have steep driveways and i can barely fit my jeep in the garage because of the mess. We can do it at my place if i get the garage cleaned up, but its not looking too promising.

Got my disconnects in, only cost me like 10 bucks. Took out the sway bar and sprayed a coat of anti-rust paint on it. Now i need to do some fender trimming cause im rubbin alot!
no problem dude theres enough room in my garage to work around it on the sides. we finished all the drywall and everything so theres plenty of room. We can trim you up nice and good when ur over here too. maybe get my TC skid on there too while we are at it?

oh yeah, and ive got a sheet of plywood that will do fine for painting them in the garage, or we can just hang them in a tree with some wire through a bolt hole, weither way works fine. weather permitting on the tree idea of course
Unread 03-30-2010, 10:14 PM   #6006
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

hello, welcome to our little slice of jeep forum. your kinda inbetween northern and southern ca. most the stuff we do is in the sierras from hwy 80 to hwy 4.
there is a group heading to pismo soon and that would be a nice trip for you. scroll back through here and you will find the details. there is also a group called uc4x4 that is in your area. they go anywhere from pismo to the rubicon. that trail you put the link up for looks about as hard as the road to my house but a little prettier!
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 10:21 PM   #6007
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
hello, welcome to our little slice of jeep forum. your kinda inbetween northern and southern ca. most the stuff we do is in the sierras from hwy 80 to hwy 4.
there is a group heading to pismo soon and that would be a nice trip for you. scroll back through here and you will find the details. there is also a group called uc4x4 that is in your area. they go anywhere from pismo to the rubicon. that trail you put the link up for looks about as hard as the road to my house but a little prettier!
here is a link to uc4x4 UC4x4 Official Forum - Index page
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Unread 03-30-2010, 10:45 PM   #6008
carkook

Yeah but it looks fun, and its about 15 min from my house thats why I want too know where it is. I guess Ill just have to go search for it.
Unread 03-30-2010, 11:20 PM   #6009
rebel075
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Heres a quick list of some places around you. Mostly ohv parks but the site is a good reference for some other places.

4x4TrailMaps - Trail Index
Unread 03-30-2010, 11:24 PM   #6010
obxresq
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalCon View Post
I'm up for a Hell Hole over nighter as soon as this snow melts.
X2

Derrick, do you still have those 6" springs?

“I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman" Chief Edward F. Croker FDNY (1899-1911)

Firefighting..The only profession where you can break into someones home, flood it, rip out the walls, bust out windows, cut holes in the roof, and they THANK YOU for your service[/COLOR]
obxresq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 11:26 PM   #6011
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah but it looks fun, and its about 15 min from my house thats why I want too know where it is. I guess Ill just have to go search for it.
Could this be it?

White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 11:36 PM   #6012
Camilo98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Pismo Dunes trip:
April 30th - May 2nd

Going:
Camilo98 + friend (Toy on 36s)
aztec doc
hawk3ye
MissMeagan
Daniel (gmc truck with dirtbike + quad)
Camilo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 11:44 PM   #6013
carkook

LOL I know where the road is, but not the trail itself. Im gonna go search for it when I have time
Unread 03-31-2010, 09:23 AM   #6014
NorCalCon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxresq View Post
X2

Derrick, do you still have those 6" springs?
I've still got em $160 for all four!
NorCalCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 12:55 PM   #6015
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

wow , i almost got banned. rusty wrangler didnt like me telling the guy who posted the tire carrier build to go to pirate hardcore and get a second opinion on his work. if he bans me ,how long does it last? if i get banned look me up on the other norcal thread and keep me updated on trail rides. here is the link to the tire carrie
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/t...-build-996318/
i think rusty is a little trigger happy at times. boys just want to have fun!!
on another note check out what was on my jeep yhis morning

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.