Nor Cal Off Road - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Nor Cal Off Road

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 04-24-2009, 10:51 PM   #211
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
ahh yea that sucks going to public school and all I switched over to home schooling when i was younger and from 13-15 i worked part time for a contractor here locally and since i turned 16 i have worked full time for him. So its been nice to have the cash flow. It's been a lot of work though between keeping my GPA up above 3.6 and work i dont have much free time.

Like this weekend i will be doing school all day tomorrow and sunday and wednesday I have a short day at work so i will be doing schooll all day wednesday too but whatev. only 4 weeks left then im done. No more school until like the fall of 2010 then im going to either chico or sac for some welding certs and then once i get those im off to wyotech or UTI to become an auto mechanic.

Its tough rite now for young people like us though i mean here in cali were up to a 20% jobless rate or atleast here in my county we are. And with so many people not having jobs no one wants to put young people to work ya know. They would rather give that position to someone that needs the money like a single mom or a guy trying to support his family but we'll get though eventually

yea it sux. i used to work for my neighbors alot, but now they dont have the money to pay me. I have applied at multiple stores, like safeway, and stuff like that, and its not that im a bad kid, but its the fact nobody is hiring. i remember only a few years ago i saw all the "now hiring" signs on the window, and i would tell my mom, ooo i want to work there, and there ,and there. now im lucky to get a part time job somewhere. I just got to hurry up and get my Eagle Scout (yea im in Boy scouts dont laugh, im not one of the nerdy ones). Because i know that REI pretty much wont turn down an Eagle Scouts application. so hopefully i can get a job here soon so we can go wheelin together. btw how old are you??? 16?

97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2009, 11:10 PM   #212
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
dang im so tempted to run over to a friends house and weld up a couple hooks rite now ugh this is buggin the crap out of me if i had a rear bumper i would soo be there

but i dont think i can do hooks because of how my dumb renegade flairs are they stick out to far and they are stupid i might still try to rig something up for the front underneath since i will only have a rear bumper for a while
just run a chain thru the pipe that goes from frame rail to frame rail rite behind the front bumper area
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2009, 11:11 PM   #213
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

wat if i attached a tow-strap to my sway bar??? would i encounter problems
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
Unread 04-24-2009, 11:20 PM   #214
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor0770 View Post
wat if i attached a tow-strap to my sway bar??? would i encounter problems
thats one way to remove it
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Unread 04-24-2009, 11:35 PM   #215
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

true hahah. do you know if there is still snow on morman immagrant. also me and my friend are talking about making a trip up to cable point. apparently there is a huge cable going across the canyon that was used for, picking of train cars and pulling them across ( i think not sure)
Unread 04-25-2009, 12:00 AM   #216
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

where is that at?
Unread 04-25-2009, 07:59 AM   #217
awachwhiteboy
1975 CJ5 

Hey bob,

cable point, that got my attention sounds cool I did find something on google about it
http://www.mountainzone.com/mountain...asp?fid=591745
Sacramento Jeepers Group #1
awachwhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2009, 03:24 PM   #218
CMARJEEP
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
where is that at?
Right in your backyard.

Unread 04-25-2009, 05:19 PM   #219
yjjustforme
1995 YJ Wrangler 

looked good to me!
Unread 04-25-2009, 08:06 PM   #220
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

does this sound good to you guys?? i hear it is pretty easy to get to and would be a fun day trip in my opinion.
Unread 04-25-2009, 09:09 PM   #221
yjjustforme
1995 YJ Wrangler 

well, lets set it up!
Unread 04-25-2009, 09:12 PM   #222
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

"ALRIGHTYYY THEN"
Unread 04-25-2009, 11:56 PM   #223
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

just got back and thought id post some pic's . i took over 70 but ill pic a few!
this was a harder trail than i was expecting. i wouldnt atemp it without at least 33" tires . it was a assume trail, i want to go back. it was harder getting out than in, its up hill on the way out, and the ledges we droped of got hard when gravity was against us. the pics dont so it to be as hard as it was in some spots.

the bad is i punctured a tire and its toast.
Unread 04-26-2009, 12:13 AM   #224
NorCalCon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I cant wait to see the video of you "Toasting" that tire.
NorCalCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2009, 12:24 AM   #225
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalCon View Post
I cant wait to see the video of you "Toasting" that tire.
i didnt mention my experiment with stater fluid did i.

i really enjoyed today. only one guy ended up coming from ghp club, which i was surprised. 5 jeeps was a good number tho. it was almost 12 hours from when we left Georgetown until we got back.
it was 3 jf members ,a ghp member and 1 prospect. i was probably the west jeep on the pecking order,except for kevin , we are pretty much the same set up. i cant believe how easy you made the hard spots looked derrick.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.