Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Nor Cal Off Road

405K views 10K replies 159 participants last post by  ChicoXJ 
#1 ·
New to this Jeep this thing I have an 08 Rubicon and I am looking for places for a beginer to start off at. Places or competent people to go out with would be very helpfull.

#461 ·
i didnt know metal was going, we have almost crossed paths a few times.

#465 ·
It's June 15th right.?
It would be hard for me to make this run but I am going to try. The following Monday is the Posse Rubicon run and I don't know if I want to take two Mondays off in a row. (well I know I want to but don't know if it's a good move).;)

I am not going to Fordyce this weekend but am going to run Strawberry instead for the club maintenance run on Sunday.

Oh and Bob, are you going to be at the meeting tomorrow night? I am going to make it to this one.:rofl:

#462 ·
Im really getting into this trip, so for now count me in.
Who else is going, let's start a list?

#464 ·
if you didnt make that first statement , we might of assumed that the boss was you!

while your at it ask her if you can have a beer when we stop for lunch.

#473 ·
It's a deal:2thumbsup:

I finally have a purpose in life:bacon:

But i read the earlier posts, the water crossings are supposedly cake.

Anybody watching the season finale of LOST, it is on right now. Channel 10 if you are in the Sac area.

#474 ·
Anybody up for a quicky at Prairie City on Saturday? Im going to try and go early considering it's gonna be 101 with the top off. I haven't seen dirt in a while and i have an itch.

#476 ·
i almost did the same thing with my old cj. i was on the rubicon and came to a little sream with a 8' round pool by the bank. i could see the stream was only 24" deep so i thought what the heck, and started accross. the front end dove in and the rear poped st8 up. a budy behind me pulled me out before i went in all the way. its a good thing i was creeping slow.

#477 ·
if you guys want a good laugh, the pm me your email, ill send you one of the most stupid and funny things Ive seen. i cant post it here ,its to raunchy to post here! it has something to do with a bottle rocket and a new way of launching it....

#481 ·
pshhh who needs 33" tires common lol

but on a side note my brother has 4 33 12:50s already mountained just sitting around and the rims have the same bolt on pattern so once i do my 8.8 and 4.10 gearing i will be able to just put his on for trips and i think i might just fork out a little extra money and try to get a front bumper also before this run im going to have my rear done for sure but im trying to get my front done too

#483 ·
pshhh who needs 33" tires common lol

but on a side note my brother has 4 33 12:50s already mountained just sitting around and the rims have the same bolt on pattern so once i do my 8.8 and 4.10 gearing i will be able to just put his on for trips and i think i might just fork out a little extra money and try to get a front bumper also before this run im going to have my rear done for sure but im trying to get my front done too
it sounds like your getting it done this summer. then you can regear to 4:88 and get 35" tires next summer

#486 · (Edited)
norcal you going to deer valley right

So far we have

Me (goobersbro) -- Confirmed unless some frequish deal pulls me away
Tim (timatoe) -- Confirmed
Bob (bigsquat) -- Confirmed
Connor -- Confirmed
Jeepdoo -- Confirmed
Yjjustforme -- Confirmed
Tjcole -- Confirmed
NorCalyj92 -- Confirmed
CMarjeep -- most likely
Onecleanyj -- need to talk to him but I believe he's in
Sccafire -- ???????
Norcalcon -- ???????
Sfisher -- ???????
Metal -- Maybe...but most likely not

#491 ·
Not sure if it is a good idea for me to run this trail but you guys might have another Connor along.:D

Sounds like it will be a nice little run with a good turnout. Last run I went with Bob, Steve, and NorCalCon in Georgetown for the snowrun was awesome. I had a blast. It would be nice to meet some of the younger guys on here though. :p

I guess you guys can put me down as a maybe.

#494 ·
Great so my first trail run ever and there's going to be hella people there to watch me screw up.:hahaha:

#498 ·
wooo im pumped for this trail ride. i cant wait to scrape up my jeep YEA!!!!! haha, so i found a 500$ rancho lift brand new that i can get for my jeep. 3.5" to be exact

or i wait and get a really nice Rubicon Express lift???

#503 ·
yea which reminds me i gotta order those C4x4 tow hooks!!!!
anybody know where i can get some for cheap????

or should i get some d-rings. its for the front

#505 ·
yea thanks. well hopefully i can get a few mods in before i go. if im really lucky i will have a lift

#506 ·
Yeah Connor you have more wheelbase than all of us. And you dont have to worry about oversized tires breaking your steering and axles.

Like some of us do.... well maybe just me

(Dana 30 front) :fear:

#507 ·
but i do have tires to worry about. i hope you realize i have these gay Toyo street tires.

#510 ·
hahha why???? even though i thought it was lame. and the second video, when the guy was coming down the hill her turned hard right and risked a chance of rolling(retard). deer valley. nothing i cant do

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.