Nor Cal Off Road - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Nor Cal Off Road

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 04-19-2009, 07:49 PM   #196
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

i guess you didnt see the other post on this subject, but more posts the merrier!
if you didnt see that then maybe you also missed the prairie city run tomorrow?

red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2009, 10:12 PM   #197
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
i guess you didnt see the other post on this subject, but more posts the merrier!
if you didnt see that then maybe you also missed the prairie city run tomorrow?
lol no i didnt see yours until after i posted it up in here but like you said the more the merrier. I would go on the run tomorrow but i found out to late and i have am going to be working on a rice factory in woodland but at least im making money for better jeep parts so it works itself out
Unread 04-20-2009, 08:17 PM   #198
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeauty88 View Post
The cabin is in the back, its really small haha, anyways the whole property is like the pics, trees everywhere, amazing place and def going back soon,
I will post up a really quick vid of my gf driving the jeep as soon as she uploads it

looks like a nice area, by the tree type ,it looks like about 2300 feet.im a about 2000 and i have more oak than pine. i wish they grew faster i could use the firewood!
back-yard-wheeling-013.jpg  
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Unread 04-24-2009, 08:28 AM   #199
Sfisher
1984 CJ8 

Was hoping for some dry wheeling this weekend. Looking less likely now.
Sfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2009, 09:29 AM   #200
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

hello steve, i havnt heard from you in a while. does this mean another snow trip?
Unread 04-24-2009, 03:23 PM   #201
CMARJEEP
2001 WJ 

I drove up to Auburn today and the sign said chain controls over summit. But I'm sure you have to be really high for it to stick. I'm can't wait until summer. I'm going to be ordering an Aussie for the front within a couple days so I should be able to go on a little tougher trails.
Unread 04-24-2009, 05:05 PM   #202
Sfisher
1984 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
hello steve, i havnt heard from you in a while. does this mean another snow trip?
Im hoping not but I'm sure if it not snow it will be muddy and slippery anyways. I'll be ready for another late night and hope for the best.
Sfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2009, 05:31 PM   #203
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMARJEEP View Post
I drove up to Auburn today and the sign said chain controls over summit. But I'm sure you have to be really high for it to stick. I'm can't wait until summer. I'm going to be ordering an Aussie for the front within a couple days so I should be able to go on a little tougher trails.
Dropping the kids off for school this morning there were cars with snow on them, from about probably 3k or so. But nothing at my house at all 2800'
timatoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2009, 09:20 PM   #204
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

it looks like were down to 4 or 5 guys, metal had to drop out.

this was posted on ghp's web site:

It snowed almost 5 inches in Tahoe this morning between 5 am and 10:30 am. but all of it melted by noon after the sun came out. All the snow is gone and the roads are dry now. Any snow in the hills will not be a problem. You guys might have problems getting to the trail head, there are a couple up hill grades that are in the shade and snow will stay there for some time. It is going to be 50/50 if you guys can even get to the trail this time of year. Good luck and have fun.
Unread 04-24-2009, 09:26 PM   #205
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

i almost screwed up, today i went to do a few last minute inspections and decided to tighten the fan belt. the darn adjuster broke! so i had to take it apart and weld a little here and there. back in buisness. im bringing a sleeping bag, and 4 sandwiches instead of 2. i guess i wont need my fishing pole.
Unread 04-24-2009, 10:01 PM   #206
Goobersbro

dang im so tempted to run over to a friends house and weld up a couple hooks rite now ugh this is buggin the crap out of me if i had a rear bumper i would soo be there

but i dont think i can do hooks because of how my dumb renegade flairs are they stick out to far and they are stupid i might still try to rig something up for the front underneath since i will only have a rear bumper for a while
Unread 04-24-2009, 10:05 PM   #207
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
dang im so tempted to run over to a friends house and weld up a couple hooks rite now ugh this is buggin the crap out of me if i had a rear bumper i would soo be there

but i dont think i can do hooks because of how my dumb renegade flairs are they stick out to far and they are stupid i might still try to rig something up for the front underneath since i will only have a rear bumper for a while
IM WITH YOU ON THAT ONE. i need some damn recovery points. why dont they just come stock with jeeps???? ugh oh well only 100 more dollars and im getting my jcr bumper =) and then i can wheel with you guys
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2009, 10:07 PM   #208
Goobersbro

conor you need to get some meets and a lift on that thing man what are you waiting for
Unread 04-24-2009, 10:11 PM   #209
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
conor you need to get some meets and a lift on that thing man what are you waiting for
lets see, junior in highschool, no job, no money, middle of track season (kinda important, only a few more first places away from going to finals) and no money. hahah but other then that, im ready lol. actually when school gets out (4 weeks) i asked my mom, if i could paint the house for some money. she said if i paint the house she will buy me a RE 3.5 SF lift kit, and maybe some tires. im also going to be working at my g-mas, staining her fence and doing chores, and you know how old people are (THEY PAY VERY WELL) so that should be able to pay for my tires. and rims, eh dont need them right now. thats my status
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2009, 10:27 PM   #210
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor0770 View Post
lets see, junior in highschool, no job, no money, middle of track season (kinda important, only a few more first places away from going to finals) and no money. hahah but other then that, im ready lol. actually when school gets out (4 weeks) i asked my mom, if i could paint the house for some money. she said if i paint the house she will buy me a RE 3.5 SF lift kit, and maybe some tires. im also going to be working at my g-mas, staining her fence and doing chores, and you know how old people are (THEY PAY VERY WELL) so that should be able to pay for my tires. and rims, eh dont need them right now. thats my status

ahh yea that sucks going to public school and all I switched over to home schooling when i was younger and from 13-15 i worked part time for a contractor here locally and since i turned 16 i have worked full time for him. So its been nice to have the cash flow. It's been a lot of work though between keeping my GPA up above 3.6 and work i dont have much free time.

Like this weekend i will be doing school all day tomorrow and sunday and wednesday I have a short day at work so i will be doing schooll all day wednesday too but whatev. only 4 weeks left then im done. No more school until like the fall of 2010 then im going to either chico or sac for some welding certs and then once i get those im off to wyotech or UTI to become an auto mechanic.

Its tough rite now for young people like us though i mean here in cali were up to a 20% jobless rate or atleast here in my county we are. And with so many people not having jobs no one wants to put young people to work ya know. They would rather give that position to someone that needs the money like a single mom or a guy trying to support his family but we'll get though eventually

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.