Nor Cal Off Road - Page 133 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Nor Cal Off Road

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can

Unread 07-01-2009, 06:35 PM   #1981
Goobersbro

I bought a motorcycle....

Unread 07-01-2009, 08:20 PM   #1982
NorCalCon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal View Post
On another note.....I'm leaving for the Rubicon tomorrow morning. I'll be camped around Little Sluice if someone happens to stop by. I'll be there until Sunday morning. I think NorCalCon is coming in to meet us Friday night.
I'll be there!
NorCalCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2009, 09:42 PM   #1983
Metal
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalCon View Post
I'll be there!
Sweet!
Are you bringing a murse? Maybe we'll see Roger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Quit overthinking the lockers. Either get real lockers or forget it, 99 percent of everything else is just mental masturbation for the sake of discussion.
Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2009, 09:43 PM   #1984
Metal
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
I bought a motorcycle....
What flavor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Quit overthinking the lockers. Either get real lockers or forget it, 99 percent of everything else is just mental masturbation for the sake of discussion.
Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2009, 10:36 PM   #1985
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal View Post
What flavor?
its an old 84 Honda 125Xl Got it for 200 bucks All I have had to do so far was redo all the wireing because the wireing harness was chewed through by a rat. So I bought a battery and got all the wireing fixed. then I took all the hoses off of the bike and cleaned them all and cleaned the carb and air filter. I then bought a new spark plug. After that I drained/ cleaned / and refilled the gas tank. Gave it a few cranks and it started rite up. Next I have to buy a front brake line rear left turn signal bulb and blinker cover, Front brake cable, new rear tire, and a new front bulb for the headlight. I took the seat to the upholstery shop today and there rebuilding the frame on it and giving it new leather. All in all I should be able to get the bike back on the road street legal for about 500 bucks not to bad I dont think.

So far I have spent

Battery 25.80
Seat 90.00

To come
bulbs 20.00
front brake cable 20.00
blinker covers 14.00
registration and back fees........
insurance...140 bucks for the year
rear tire... mounted and everything 100.00

I bought it for three reasons #1. I needed transportation while the jeep is torn apart #2. If I insure this bike for two years for 280 bucks and dont have any accidents or tickets when I buy my dream bike a 2006 GSXR 750 my insurance will be way cheaper. #3. because I love riding motorcycles and working on stuff

Here is a picture of one thats in good condition mine is just in okay condition.

Unread 07-01-2009, 11:49 PM   #1986
JeepDoo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Well im heading up to my families cabin by Lake Don Pedro for the weekend. My parents are in Yellow Stone right now so it's just me and some friends. I was really surprised when my dad agreed to let me go up there by myself for the weekend. It's gonna be pretty sweet. Taking our little Glastron out on the lake Saturday night for fireworks.

The Glastron is a 1982, about 16 feet long, with brown silver flake paint in perfect condition. My dad bought it new, but sold it to his best friend when i was born in 1990. The guy never used it and it had been in a garage for 18 years. Last year we bought it back from him for 500$ and it still runs great.

If anybody is near the area your welcome to join us because i have more room. I love boating about as much as i love jeeping, i pretty much grew up on the lake and in the Delta.

Happy 4th everybody,

We've got too many gangsters doin dirty deeds. Too much corruption and crime in the street. It's time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground. Send them all to their maker and he'll settle them down. - Toby Keith & Willie Nelson

[URL="http://www.norcaljeepers.net/forum/"][FONT="Century Gothic"][B][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]NOR CAL JEEPERS FORUM[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/URL]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/sound-system-upgrades-speakers-amps-what-you-need-know-964324/"]Want to hear the music in your TJ, look no further...[/URL]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="White"][B]Longboard Drunk, Jeep Naked, Ski Powder[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][SIZE="1"]and finish calculus homework[/SIZE][/COLOR]
JeepDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2009, 10:33 PM   #1987
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey yall. I'm in hawaii right now. And let me tell you. I have never seen so many lifted trucks, most 2wd. They are lifted with small tires. Anyway ill talk you guys later I have hot chicks to hit on
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2009, 03:21 PM   #1988
Sfisher
1984 CJ8 

Had to show you guys my recent purchase. It's a SM420 from a '65 GMC truck. Can't wait to get it rebuilt and bolted up in my Scrambler. With a 7.05 first gear I'm thinking that I should be creeping low and slow when I finally get it in there.
dscn2723.jpg  
Sfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2009, 03:33 PM   #1989
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

thats a big boy, i guess you have an adapter for the tc. and diiferent bell housing?
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2009, 04:15 PM   #1990
Sfisher
1984 CJ8 

Actually it is smaller than the tranny that I have in there now. However since it is cast iron instead of aluminum it weighs 135 pounds. And it's not the bellhousing in the picture. That stayed with the truck. Just needed the box and that's it. It's only about 11" long.

I won't need an adapter for my bellhousing but I will for my transfer case. Combined with my 4.0 gears in my case and the 4.56's in the axles I should be creeping. This tranny is bulletproof.
Unread 07-03-2009, 07:11 PM   #1991
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

are you still going to slum with us mortals when its in?
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Unread 07-03-2009, 09:19 PM   #1992
Sfisher
1984 CJ8 

Hahahaha admitedly it's going to be awhile until it is in. I want to rebuild my D300 when I get it out too since it leaks a bit. Plus getting the adapter and maybe a driveshaft will pinch the wallet a bit more so I'm just taking my time. But still can't help wanting to get my hands into this thing to rebuild it.
Unread 07-03-2009, 10:12 PM   #1993
OneCleanYj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like everyone is getting work done!

I'll actually have my Jeep on the ground tomorrow!

But then the rear goes back up on jack stands to pull the axle out for final welding, and I have to have the hubs milled down to fit inside the rotor hat of the rotors. Speaking of rotors, disk brake kit came yesterday I have everything I need now, minus fluids and stuff. I will for sure be driving my Jeep this next week. I'll definitely get some pics of the 9" sitting in there tomorrow.
Unread 07-04-2009, 12:31 AM   #1994
Ricochet88
1993 ZJ 

hey is anyone gonna be at lake shasta these next two weeks?

R.I.P. TROY EDWARDS "bigbluezj94"
Ricochet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2009, 01:05 AM   #1995
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneCleanYj View Post
Looks like everyone is getting work done!

I'll actually have my Jeep on the ground tomorrow!

But then the rear goes back up on jack stands to pull the axle out for final welding, and I have to have the hubs milled down to fit inside the rotor hat of the rotors. Speaking of rotors, disk brake kit came yesterday I have everything I need now, minus fluids and stuff. I will for sure be driving my Jeep this next week. I'll definitely get some pics of the 9" sitting in there tomorrow.
thats great!, just in time for pismo. theres only a little over 300 spots left and no more people.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.