Nor Cal Off Road - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Nor Cal Off Road

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 04-10-2009, 03:19 AM   #181
JeepDoo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Well if you guys do go saturday have fun, ill be in the bay area with the fam for easter. Maybe next time

We've got too many gangsters doin dirty deeds. Too much corruption and crime in the street. It's time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground. Send them all to their maker and he'll settle them down. - Toby Keith & Willie Nelson

[URL="http://www.norcaljeepers.net/forum/"][FONT="Century Gothic"][B][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]NOR CAL JEEPERS FORUM[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/URL]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/sound-system-upgrades-speakers-amps-what-you-need-know-964324/"]Want to hear the music in your TJ, look no further...[/URL]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="White"][B]Longboard Drunk, Jeep Naked, Ski Powder[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][SIZE="1"]and finish calculus homework[/SIZE][/COLOR]
JeepDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2009, 03:44 AM   #182
CMARJEEP
2001 WJ 

You guys wouldn't be able to make it anyways. Theres still WAY too much snow up there right now and we just got more the last couple days. I bet you won't be able to make it to the top until June or early July. The summit is at about 8000 ft. Also, most of the trail is very narrow and if you slide off its a long way down. So if you try doing it the snow, you could easily slide right off the side of the mountain.
Unread 04-10-2009, 05:37 AM   #183
JeepDoo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Good point ^^^^

we did just get quite a lot of snow in that area, i forgot. Ima stupid flatlander
We've got too many gangsters doin dirty deeds. Too much corruption and crime in the street. It's time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground. Send them all to their maker and he'll settle them down. - Toby Keith & Willie Nelson

[URL="http://www.norcaljeepers.net/forum/"][FONT="Century Gothic"][B][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]NOR CAL JEEPERS FORUM[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/URL]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/sound-system-upgrades-speakers-amps-what-you-need-know-964324/"]Want to hear the music in your TJ, look no further...[/URL]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="White"][B]Longboard Drunk, Jeep Naked, Ski Powder[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][SIZE="1"]and finish calculus homework[/SIZE][/COLOR]
JeepDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2009, 09:14 PM   #184
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeauty88 View Post
thank you for the quick response, although I have changed my plans and we are going to my gf's cabin in Placerville
It gets broken into so I dont know the condition of the cabin haha I'm taking a tent and other things in case we gotta set camp
if you every need me to check on your cabin i live near placerville. and i wouldnt mind a bit. i use to live off near the safeway in martinez. the one near pleasanthill not downtown martinez.
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2009, 09:25 PM   #185
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

it sounds like the snow is going to hold use up for a while. i am a prospect for a 4x4 group that meets in el dorado hills. Ive been on 2 trips with them. there is a trip to hell hole reservoir near the end of April. i was planning on inviting all here but it seems that the trail wont handle to many rigs and there limiting it to 8 vehicles. if they don't fill up with members, then the prospects get to go, then guests. if they let me go ,ill see if its worth us doing a day trip there shortly after there trip.i here its not to difficult and might be a good starter trail to get or feet wet for the Rubicon this summer. it will probably be snow there to then. i remember passing the turn to hell hole on the trip to uncle tom's cabin and it had a lot of snow at the turn off.there is also another 4x4 club thats going tro pismo this summer and they wouldnt mind if we tagged along.
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Unread 04-11-2009, 06:56 AM   #186
Goobersbro

Yea hell hole would be a cool trip I have been back in around there before if i remember rite i think i was below the dam but im not sure
Unread 04-11-2009, 09:12 AM   #187
Metal
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
i am a prospect for a 4x4 group that meets in el dorado hills. Ive been on 2 trips with them. there is a trip to hell hole reservoir near the end of April.
I should be on that run. Finally get to meet you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Quit overthinking the lockers. Either get real lockers or forget it, 99 percent of everything else is just mental masturbation for the sake of discussion.
Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2009, 10:35 AM   #188
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal View Post
I should be on that run. Finally get to meet you.
is your name on there list?
Unread 04-13-2009, 11:43 AM   #189
Metal
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
is your name on there list?
Yeah, I'm a club member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Quit overthinking the lockers. Either get real lockers or forget it, 99 percent of everything else is just mental masturbation for the sake of discussion.
Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2009, 10:06 PM   #190
Camilo98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
if you every need me to check on your cabin i live near placerville. and i wouldnt mind a bit. i use to live off near the safeway in martinez. the one near pleasanthill not downtown martinez.
Thanks man,
So we went up sat morning and stayed till sunday morning, the place is amazing! I let the gf drive the jeep around her property and she loved it! my plan worked.. as she's always been kinda negative towards 4wd trip ideas I tell her till now haha,
Someone did break into the cabin (really small cabin) though and completely damage the door frame, not just that they also stole the water heater so we couldnt turn on the water b/c of an open pipe.
but besides those two things we had fun and we made future plans to go more often and start fixing the place up,
I will try to upload pics and the vid of her driving as soon as she gives them to me

btw I know that safeway I am close to dvc, no not camelback but next to the golf course right off chilpancingo
Camilo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2009, 11:30 PM   #191
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeauty88 View Post
Thanks man,
So we went up sat morning and stayed till sunday morning, the place is amazing! I let the gf drive the jeep around her property and she loved it! my plan worked.. as she's always been kinda negative towards 4wd trip ideas I tell her till now haha,
Someone did break into the cabin (really small cabin) though and completely damage the door frame, not just that they also stole the water heater so we couldnt turn on the water b/c of an open pipe.
but besides those two things we had fun and we made future plans to go more often and start fixing the place up,
I will try to upload pics and the vid of her driving as soon as she gives them to me

btw I know that safeway I am close to dvc, no not camelback but next to the golf course right off chilpancingo
that sucks that people would break in like that, you must be in a bad part of placerville? a few years ago someone stold a whole cabin!
Unread 04-14-2009, 09:14 PM   #192
Camilo98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
that sucks that people would break in like that, you must be in a bad part of placerville? a few years ago someone stold a whole cabin!
we're pretty sure is just the neighbours, as there was a few dirt bike tracks on the property and then leading back towards the ppl next door,
and I think its pretty funny how they stole a whole cabin! actually in a weird way maybe they should steal the whole cabin which is small anyways so we could put something new and bigger in its place
Unread 04-17-2009, 11:57 PM   #193
awachwhiteboy
1975 CJ5 

great post, BUMP!
awachwhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2009, 07:27 PM   #194
Camilo98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The cabin is in the back, its really small haha, anyways the whole property is like the pics, trees everywhere, amazing place and def going back soon,
I will post up a really quick vid of my gf driving the jeep as soon as she uploads it

Unread 04-19-2009, 05:54 PM   #195
Goobersbro

Rubicon closure meeting

Hey guys i got this from fellow jeepforum member thunderstrike as many of us as possible should attend. I am going to try to go if im not working you should too especially since this is like the best spot in norcal to go.

On Thursday, April 23rd the California Water Quality Control Board is having a public hearing in Rancho Cordova to finalize their decision on closing the Rubicon Trail.

JPFreek Adventure Magazine is asking each of you on behalf of the National Off-Road Association - www.nora-usa.com - who are within driving distance of Sacramento to attend this important public hearing. Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) enthusiasts need to show the Water Board the overwhelming public support to keep the Rubicon Trail open year-round. NORA's goal is to have over (500) OHV enthusiasts present at this public hearing.

This is serious. On April 1st of this year, the United States Forest Service issued a 2-year temporary closure of the very popular Tellico OHV Area in North Carolina. Help Rubicon from turning into a Tellico type situation by showing your support on April 23rd.

Assemblyman Ted Gaines and a representative from Congressman Tom McClintock's office will be in attendance, as well as Off-Road Hall of Famer, Mark A. Smith. Local Sacramento news media will also be covering this historic event.

Please call or email Erin Lara, Member Services Director at NORA to let her know if you are able to attend as we are trying to obtain a head count. She can be reached at (530) 333-1487, ext. 1 or info@nora-usa.com. If the Rubicon Trail is closed, even temporarily this go-around, this will not only set a precedent for the permanent future of the Rubicon but also every other publicly-owned land access point throughout the United States. THIS IS CRITICAL!

Meeting Place and Time

Location - 11020 Sun Center Drive # 200; Rancho Cordova, CA 95670

Date & Time - Thursday, April 23rd @ 12:30 PM
This email was sent by JPFreek Adventure Magazine, P.O. Box 864, Houston, Texas 77001, using Express Email Marketing. You subscribed to this permission-based list on 3/23/2009.

Express Email Marketing supports permission-based email marketing. You can change your preferences

(http://app.expressemailmarketing.com...556&SFID=31683) or unsubscribe (http://app.expressemailmarketing.com...paignId=364556) from this mailing list at any time.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.