Nor Cal Off Road - Page 111 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Nor Cal Off Road

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-09-2009, 09:22 AM   #1651
yjjustforme
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Dont say you should goob, do it. And also take his dad with you while your at it so he feels more comfortable. I was planning on a day full of spotting for connor on the trip and now i'll have to spot bob again dangit!!!!!

Unread 06-09-2009, 10:15 AM   #1652
OneCleanYj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
when the owner looks at his bumper and see's them torched off , who is he going to blame
Haha good one

The house is actually vacant, the lady died about 6 months ago and her husband passed years ago. I was helping a neighbor up the road with cleaning up the landscaping and tidying up the exterior of the house and I happened to spot them

I've got a couple fre hours this morning so I'm going to go take my bumper off and start getting the mounts made up. My dad's got some thick flat steel I can use. I just hope I've got a drill bit large enough to drill the holes for the rings...

I also ordered a set of Rough Country shackles for the rear of the YJ this morning, and some different spring perches as the Ruff Stuff ones I ordered are a bit too tall (or low, since I'm staying SUA...)

Feels good to be ordering stuff. I'm hoping a paycheck comes in the mail today, so I can order my gears for the 9"...
Unread 06-09-2009, 05:32 PM   #1653
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjjustforme View Post
Dont say you should goob, do it. And also take his dad with you while your at it so he feels more comfortable. I was planning on a day full of spotting for connor on the trip and now i'll have to spot bob again dangit!!!!!
and i was looking forward to you spotting me. but i cant go.

and goob that may work, let me talk to my parents. but when we go to the PC, NO MUD im so sick of it.
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2009, 06:39 PM   #1654
Goobersbro

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/front-actuator-4wd-isnt-working-what-crap-794062/

check this out its my thread on my 4wd actuator not working ahhhh lol this piece of crap well atleast I figured out what I think can be a temporary fix if need be
Unread 06-09-2009, 07:43 PM   #1655
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

jacoob ,i do have to say you are a good spotter, and i take direction well
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2009, 08:00 PM   #1656
yjjustforme
1995 YJ Wrangler 

LOL BOB i cant wait to get up to the trail, im going nutz driving around the city right now.
I had some jackazz at wally word (who was jerk little rich kid driving a h3) ask me and i quote, "why didnt i buy a h2 or something cause there like way bigger". My response was " how much did you pay for your h3?" "The reason im asking is, because for what you paid i could of bought my jeep and a bunch of crap for it and still had a more capable rig than yours and still had money in my pocket". AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I hate these spoiled rich kids that live here in lodi. I mean i love the city; but its just the spoiled brats that live here are driving me nuts!!!!!
Unread 06-09-2009, 08:05 PM   #1657
Goobersbro

So posi lock it is will be picking up the stuff for it tomorrow and probably fixing that rear seal at the same time I think im going to have a place in town do my tranny fluid change just because I dont have the time or patience rite now
Unread 06-09-2009, 08:08 PM   #1658
yjjustforme
1995 YJ Wrangler 

On a side note, i changed the t-case fluids and the tranny fluid a couple days ago. My question is, i really filled that tranny up with alot of 10-30 which i know will work, but today i saw a couple small drops on the ground coming from there. Is that just excess that may be "leaking out under some sort of pressure", or should i be worried. Im sure that the more i drive it the lower the oil level will go (from wear) and it will not reach the fill plug within a couple hundred miles. (normally i only pour 3 quarts but this time i put in like 3.5 some im sure im just being retarted and really worrying it too much)

Last edited by yjjustforme; 06-09-2009 at 08:41 PM..
yjjustforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2009, 08:11 PM   #1659
yjjustforme
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Goob, it only takes like 20 minutes to do it yourself. Just take a 15/16th socket to the drain and fill plugs and take the shift boot off and run a hose with a funnel attached from the cab and feed it into the fill plug hole and pour 3.25 give or take quarts of oil into it. Gravity will feed it into the tranny like a beer bong!!!!
Unread 06-09-2009, 08:20 PM   #1660
Goobersbro

Quote:
Goob, it only takes like 20 minutes to do it yourself. Just take a 15/16th socket to the drain and fill plugs and take the shift boot off and run a hose with a funnel attached from the cab and feed it into the fill plug hole and pour 3.25 give or take quarts of oil into it. Gravity will feed it into the tranny like a beer bong!!!!
hahaha yea but im still tweaked with the gear oil.... over thinking it and they will do it right and it only cost like 30 bucks and the shop is really respectable so its like 10 more bucks than it would cost me you know
Unread 06-09-2009, 08:34 PM   #1661
Goobersbro

hey also what does the FMS call for fluid wise in the T-case I forgot and I can't find my manual is it just ATF+4 or what?? and what brand do you guys use???? I am going to pic it up tomorrow while picking up my posi lock stuff and my rvt
Unread 06-09-2009, 08:38 PM   #1662
NorcalYJ92
1992 YJ Wrangler 

my transfer case leaks from the yoke every time i drive my jeep.
it smokes and smells like burning gear oil every time i park it.
i just top it off and keep an eye on it cause i cant afford to fix it nor do i know how.
Unread 06-09-2009, 08:39 PM   #1663
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorcalYJ92 View Post
my transfer case leaks from the yoke every time i drive my jeep.
it smokes and smells like burning gear oil every time i park it.
i just top it off and keep an eye on it cause i cant afford to fix it nor do i know how.
go pick up a seal for 8 bucks and read this write up

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/np231-tail-shaft-leak-fix-82091/
Unread 06-09-2009, 08:43 PM   #1664
yjjustforme
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
hey also what does the FMS call for fluid wise in the T-case I forgot and I can't find my manual is it just ATF+4 or what?? and what brand do you guys use???? I am going to pic it up tomorrow while picking up my posi lock stuff and my rvt
Yeah goob, just use the atf4 and youll be set. It call for 2.2 pints of atf; 1 quart=2pints. All you need is 1 quart and you'll be fine.
Unread 06-09-2009, 10:38 PM   #1665
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
On a side note, i changed the t-case fluids and the tranny fluid a couple days ago. My question is, i really filled that tranny up with alot of 10-30 which i know will work, but today i saw a couple small drops on the ground coming from there. Is that just excess that may be "leaking out under some sort of pressure", or should i be worried. Im sure that the more i drive it the lower the oil level will go (from wear) and it will not reach the fill plug within a couple hundred miles. (normally i only pour 3 quarts but this time i put in like 3.5 some im sure im just being retarted and really worrying it too much)
10-30? i run 90wt gear oil. mayby thats why its leaking now and not with the 90wt? or is your tranny different than mine?
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'

Last edited by bigsquat; 06-09-2009 at 11:36 PM..
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.