Nor Cal Off Road - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Nor Cal Off Road

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 04-05-2009, 10:02 AM   #151
Camilo98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

^^ nice man! I was also able to do some work on the jeep yesterday at work while it was a little slow, took an lunch break..haha and did some service that needed to be done,
changed all the oils except for the rear diff as its still good, and a few other things.. its great having access to a lift!

I was thinking of going camping next weekend,

All you guys close to tahoe and the area any suggestions on where a nice place for camping and a little off-roading around there? I will be going with my gf and wanna do some hiking as well, so nothing crazy 4x4 as I will be one car and dont feel like breaking something bad that I cant drive back but mostly b/c she agreed to do a little off roading and I dont want to give her a bad experience where it will ruin all the future ones
Thank you in advance

Camilo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2009, 10:44 AM   #152
OneCleanYj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeauty88 View Post
^^ nice man! I was also able to do some work on the jeep yesterday at work while it was a little slow, took an lunch break..haha and did some service that needed to be done,
changed all the oils except for the rear diff as its still good, and a few other things.. its great having access to a lift!

I was thinking of going camping next weekend,

All you guys close to tahoe and the area any suggestions on where a nice place for camping and a little off-roading around there? I will be going with my gf and wanna do some hiking as well, so nothing crazy 4x4 as I will be one car and dont feel like breaking something bad that I cant drive back but mostly b/c she agreed to do a little off roading and I dont want to give her a bad experience where it will ruin all the future ones
Thank you in advance
I lived in South lake for a short time so I'll chime in.

On South shore there's Genoa Peaks, it's a fairly easy trail that has some camping areas and some harder stuff you can challenge yourself with. At the top there's a radio tower (Clos to 10K feet) and you can get amazing views every way you look. One direction you can see more or less the whole lake/basin area. Turn around and you'll spot the whole carson valley. And turn a little further and you can see the back side of Kirkwood, Heavenly, etc.

Twin Peaks, literally right in South Lake, has some gnarly stuff you can try. No camping there I think, but still has some great stuff.

There's easy/moderate trails and places to camp all around the area. Pick up a forest service map and check it out.
Unread 04-05-2009, 12:18 PM   #153
Goobersbro

yeap have any of you guys done a trail up to signal point???
Unread 04-05-2009, 08:03 PM   #154
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
yeap have any of you guys done a trail up to signal point???
not me, is there snow there now?
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2009, 10:48 PM   #155
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
not me, is there snow there now?
Im not sure i have heard its between 7-8000 feet at the top so probably. I would think early may might be a good time to do a run might not be to dusty and might still have just a little snow on the ground

on a side note i went out wheeling today with some buds and the locker is FREAKIN AMAZING like wow what a difference. I was able to crawl up stuff i use to not even be able to touch and I was able to go up at lot of stuff others werent able to. It helped out a lot more than i expected i am super pleased with it and i havnt heard it at all on road which has made me even happier.
Unread 04-06-2009, 11:09 AM   #156
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I'd be suprised if there's not snow still on signal peak, but I haven't been over the summit all winter. Here's a link with a little info.... http://www.norcalttora.com/trails/signal_peak.php
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2009, 05:24 PM   #157
Goobersbro

Yea i would think it still has some snow I know boreal is still open everything is ice but there still open so I would bet there is still snow at Signal i have heard its a fun little trail and there is little challenging break offs you can take if you wish. Just sounded interesting and i havnt been up there so I was just curious
Unread 04-06-2009, 08:05 PM   #158
OneCleanYj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
Yea i would think it still has some snow I know boreal is still open everything is ice but there still open so I would bet there is still snow at Signal i have heard its a fun little trail and there is little challenging break offs you can take if you wish. Just sounded interesting and i havnt been up there so I was just curious
Well with the weather we're expecting these next few days there should be from more fresh pow pow to hit up before the season starts to come to a close, which means I've got to get one last, kick-*** spring riding session in

Although I haven't run Signal Peak, Genoa Peaks is really similar from the pics of Signal Peak. It's relatively easy but has some challenging stuff you can try. I made the whole thing in 2WD, but was in "2LO" for the rocky climb up to the radio tower (Down to about 11 PSI then)

You'd be hard pressed not to find snow at those elevations. My friends who live in South Lake said there's still some on the ground right near the lake. Not much, but some. And again- more to come!
Unread 04-06-2009, 08:59 PM   #159
yjjustforme
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I just got my xrc8 today guys!!!!!!! All i need is a locker and im set. i cant wait for the summer!
Unread 04-06-2009, 09:03 PM   #160
Checo18
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Managed to get a hold of a dana 44 out of a 78 f-150 for about 20 bucks, don't ask me how, probably won't get done this summer though
()_)[COLOR="red"]-[/COLOR]()_)--o-)_)

2.5L, 4" RE lift, 1" booms on the front, Revolvers on the back, 1" B.L., Aussie in the 35, 31" Trxus tires, Gen-rite rocker guards, BTF tube fenders, Pro Comp bumpers, KC lights, Hi-lift and a whole lot of love.
Checo18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2009, 11:38 PM   #161
JeepDoo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

New to this thread, my new crossover steering should be coming in this week. Once installed i can actually do rocks again with some piece of mind. Im in the Sacramento area but id love to head up to tahoe or somewhere around there for wheeling some weekend. Keep posting thanks
We've got too many gangsters doin dirty deeds. Too much corruption and crime in the street. It's time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground. Send them all to their maker and he'll settle them down. - Toby Keith & Willie Nelson

[URL="http://www.norcaljeepers.net/forum/"][FONT="Century Gothic"][B][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]NOR CAL JEEPERS FORUM[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/URL]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/sound-system-upgrades-speakers-amps-what-you-need-know-964324/"]Want to hear the music in your TJ, look no further...[/URL]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="White"][B]Longboard Drunk, Jeep Naked, Ski Powder[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][SIZE="1"]and finish calculus homework[/SIZE][/COLOR]
JeepDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2009, 08:05 AM   #162
yjjustforme
1995 YJ Wrangler 

^^^^^how much did that high steer kit run you? and from what i hear its all bolt on right? and did you have to upgrade the rods?
Unread 04-07-2009, 12:03 PM   #163
Goobersbro

arnt crossover and highsteer two different things

My crossover ran me 177.90 to my door and i am very happy with my set up it still uses the factory ends except for the passenger tre and its super beefy.
Unread 04-07-2009, 09:25 PM   #164
yjjustforme
1995 YJ Wrangler 

im retarted i guess i read what i wanted to see! my bad! its just that i ws wondering about a highsteer.
Unread 04-07-2009, 10:30 PM   #165
JeepDoo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

It is the Rugged Ridge Crossover Steering System. Haven't gotten it in the mail yet and i don't know the shipping info so i dont know when it will get here. Hopefully sometime this week.

Link to website i bought it from
We've got too many gangsters doin dirty deeds. Too much corruption and crime in the street. It's time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground. Send them all to their maker and he'll settle them down. - Toby Keith & Willie Nelson

[URL="http://www.norcaljeepers.net/forum/"][FONT="Century Gothic"][B][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]NOR CAL JEEPERS FORUM[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/URL]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/sound-system-upgrades-speakers-amps-what-you-need-know-964324/"]Want to hear the music in your TJ, look no further...[/URL]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="White"][B]Longboard Drunk, Jeep Naked, Ski Powder[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][SIZE="1"]and finish calculus homework[/SIZE][/COLOR]
JeepDoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.