Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Nor Cal Off Road

405K views 10K replies 159 participants last post by  ChicoXJ 
#1 ·
New to this Jeep this thing I have an 08 Rubicon and I am looking for places for a beginer to start off at. Places or competent people to go out with would be very helpfull.

#4,987 ·
metals ready now jacob get your jeep fixed. i cant wait to do deer valley again.

norcalcon did you hook up with the uc4x4 guys?

#4,988 ·
I was just looking at their pictures Bob, looks like they had a good time up there.

Instead of going to the snow I went to my buddy's ranch on sunday. Oh boy was it muddy! They are setting up a dirt bike track and the grass had grown back where they used the tractor. Being a good friend I took my YJ up there and in 4hi did some serious slidding and spinning all fours all over this track :laugh:. They have a small creek on their property and I had the bright idea of going down and trying to drive up the creek. Using 32's AT's was just not gonna cut it... I made it 10ft lol and had to get my buddy with this Yota to pull me out. I returned the favor by pulling him out later as he got stuck around the same place. Needless to say we had a blast getting the jeep and yota very muddy with grass all over the outside, inside, and on me and Jess. I will have to put up pictures soon.

#4,994 ·
hey black , i like the pics of your tires looking like slicks, you just need to rev it higher!

#5,007 ·
he already sold them.... and if im gna spend 300 on sliders.. i mine as well get the ones i want (JCR Stage 3's)

#5,002 ·
I'm definitely going to do Wentworth Springs this Saturday up to Uncle Toms. Probably be up to Georgetown by 9 or 10. It might be just me and a couple buddies in my Jeep or my friend might bring his Taco.

If you want to meet up PM and I'll give you my number.
I should be able to go. How about meet at the Georgetown General Store about 9:30 for a 10:00 departure? I've got a friend that wants to bring her Jeep.

Anyone else in?

#5,005 ·
im gonna be snowboarding so i cant go

#5,006 ·
i might make it. ill let you know .

#5,008 ·
cant make that one I'm working sat....... mo $ fo me :thumbsup:

but ya after work I will be heading out to Soulsbyville and snowboarding in Dodge Ridge on sunday. Its suppose to snow frid, sat, sun.
I got a hold of some chains for the 33's a while back but I was wondering if they may ask me to put them on even when I have 4wd? I guess depends on how heavy the snow its up there.

#5,013 ·
cant make that one I'm working sat....... mo $ fo me :thumbsup:

but ya after work I will be heading out to Soulsbyville and snowboarding in Dodge Ridge on sunday. Its suppose to snow frid, sat, sun.
I got a hold of some chains for the 33's a while back but I was wondering if they may ask me to put them on even when I have 4wd? I guess depends on how heavy the snow its up there.
As long as you have snow/mud/all terrain tires and 4wd you are good no chains needed.

#5,009 ·
i was wondering how chains wood work in deep snow drifts.

#5,010 ·
You know, I grew up in Minnesota. I took my driving test in a blizzard. I always had snow tires, but no one I knew ever used chains. I think I saw someone using them once. They must have been from California. :D

#5,011 ·
I was asking b/c two year ago we went to snowboard at dodge ridge and they have a steep road leading from the main hw up to their resort. It had snowed and then rained at night. I showed up really early to snowborad and from what I remember they made everyone put chains on even for the short drive up to their resort. I was in a 2wd sedan so obviously I put them on but I could not remember if they made 4wd put them on as well. I'm sure I wont have a problem but I was just wondering..

#5,012 ·
i dont think so either, 4x4 with snow tires ok.:thumbsup: at least thats what i was told 10 years ago

#5,015 ·
I only use chains on Friday nights along with my whips and sometimes even chaps!...LOL

I am in this weekend.:2thumbsup: Where is this General Store you speak of?:confused:

#5,017 ·
I tried to make a chain out of snow:confused: Didn't seem to be strong enough to pull anything:confused:

#5,018 ·
Bob do you have any idea when you want to do that 3day Con trip? I was just looking at some number to put the TJ where I want it to be for a while but just to get there is $$. I need to get rid of my TC drop, so SYE-DS-UCA+LCA. Then Re-gear with aussies. That would give me a nice setup for me to keep up with you guys and not worry as much as last time :laugh:

#5,019 ·
make it toward the end of summer... i will be attending.. prob gonna have to borrow some 33's but ill have a front locker by then and hopefully a rear dana 44

#5,020 ·
the problem with going that late is:

4-Day Jeepers Jamboree: July 22-25, 2010
3-Day Jeepers Jamboree: July 23-25, 2010
3-Day Jeep Jamboree: July 30-August 1, 2010
Jeep Jamboree Aug 12-Aug 15
And UC4x4 guys going on Aug 4-7th! Full size rigs need more time. I might tag along with them depending on how the Jeep is at that time.

So we could go when it hasnt been all stacked up for stock rigs to go thru or we go before that whole mess and have more of a challenge.

Edit: Another option would be to go after all the jamboree's, THEN a 1-2 day for Bob's Oct fish and wheel trip

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.