Nor Cal Off Road - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Nor Cal Off Road

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor Day Sale!

Unread 02-08-2009, 02:04 PM   #1
aztec_doc
2013 JK Wrangler 

Nor Cal Off Road

New to this Jeep this thing I have an 08 Rubicon and I am looking for places for a beginer to start off at. Places or competent people to go out with would be very helpfull.

aztec_doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2009, 02:34 PM   #2
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

You might want to try local Jeep clubs in you neck of the woods. Congratulations on your new Jeep. How you liking you 2door Rubi?
Unread 02-08-2009, 02:45 PM   #3
aztec_doc
2013 JK Wrangler 

Lovin it

It's a black two door so far has airaid intake, tuffy glove box, tuffy back storage compartment, handles front and back. Hopefully many more mods to follow.
Unread 02-08-2009, 07:06 PM   #4
lj_wil
ekorb mi

2006 LJ Wrangler 

What area are you in?

Some pics
lj_wil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2009, 10:48 PM   #5
aztec_doc
2013 JK Wrangler 

Jk The Bay

I'm currently living in the bay area but want to avoid heading south. Like the chance of seeing alot more country side up north and possibly doing some camping. Also open to meet some experienced Jeepers and joining a club.
Unread 02-09-2009, 07:14 AM   #6
lj_wil
ekorb mi

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Well the closest good stuff is due east, it's all under snow at this point and a good chunk of it is closed until April 1st. I don't know about you, but I'm a 3 season camper.

In the more immediate area there is Hollister, Frank Raines, Carnegie, Prairie City, and Cow Mountain. All of the above are OHV parks, usually good for day runs but sometimes people camp out. If you want to hit the OHV parks you can usually find someone here to go with if you post it up a week or two in advanced, I believe there are a couple of Hollister threads floating around here now.

If you're looking to explore the national forests, you should really attend a local club meeting and see what they're up to. Rarely will you see a club run posted up here, and people that are getting the club runs together usually will like to check your pile of parts out first and will let you know if you're equipped properly for what they're doing.

Here are the clubs listed here: http://clubs.jeepforum.com/State/California/
And here is the official CA4WDC listing: http://www.cal4wheel.org/clubs/

Some pics
lj_wil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2009, 07:25 AM   #7
aztec_doc
2013 JK Wrangler 

Jk 4 wheel

Thank u. I just learned about these threads I will definately keep an eye out for future wheeling
Unread 02-09-2009, 07:56 AM   #8
stormrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztec_doc View Post
New to this Jeep this thing I have an 08 Rubicon and I am looking for places for a beginer to start off at. Places or competent people to go out with would be very helpfull.
I'll be in the same boat come June when I get back from my deployment and pick up my New 2 door Rubi. I'm stationed at Travis (Fairfield/Vacaville) and will be looking for people to go wheeling with. I want to check out hollister for sure. If you keep active on the forums, you will surely end up seeing me around.
Unread 02-09-2009, 11:17 AM   #9
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
you could always do a snow run out of pollock pines on iron mountain rd.just a day trip. do you have lockers?
iron-mountain-road-patrol-1-25-09-002.jpg   iron-mountain-road-patrol-1-25-09-026.jpg   iron-mountain-road-patrol-1-25-09-029.jpg   iron-mountain-road-patrol-1-25-09-033.jpg   iron-mountain-road-patrol-1-25-09-015.jpg  

red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2009, 11:23 AM   #10
aztec_doc
2013 JK Wrangler 

Jk Rubicon

Ok here's the thing I got an 08 Rubicon. I believe I do. Not really sure what they are or what they are used for. Completely new to this Jeep thing. Always wanted one now I don't know how to use it.
Unread 02-09-2009, 11:24 AM   #11
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

i forgot you said you have a rubicon ! lockers are part of the package arent they.
you would need them
iron-mountain-road-patrol-1-25-09-035.jpg   iron-mountain-road-patrol-1-25-09-036.jpg   iron-mountain-road-patrol-1-25-09-023.jpg   iron-mountain-road-patrol-1-25-09-020.jpg   iron-mountain-road-patrol-1-25-09-016.jpg  

red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Unread 02-09-2009, 01:43 PM   #12
CMARJEEP
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Ok here's the thing I got an 08 Rubicon. I believe I do. Not really sure what they are or what they are used for. Completely new to this Jeep thing. Always wanted one now I don't know how to use it.
Ya you should definitely join a club. They will teach you how to use what your Jeep came equipped with and how to drive offroad. Post up when you wanna go for a run. I can take you up to some easy trails to get you started. I like to go up to Foresthill and mess around. Theres usually not that much snow up there.

Last edited by CMARJEEP; 02-09-2009 at 02:03 PM..
CMARJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2009, 12:34 AM   #13
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

i want to go to the snow on sat. maybe iron mountain rd or wentworth springs road to uncle toms cabin. any body in. i was going to pismo but its going to rain. there should be lots of snow to play in
Unread 02-10-2009, 01:31 AM   #14
Goobersbro

ahhh thats gay i would totally be in for going but my jeep is down rite now and i have a paint ball party this weekend we should get some of the Nor cal jeepers together and do some runs this summer
Unread 02-10-2009, 02:03 AM   #15
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
ahhh thats gay i would totally be in for going but my jeep is down rite now and i have a paint ball party this weekend we should get some of the Nor cal jeepers together and do some runs this summer
im not as willing to camp in the rain as i use to be . the beach can get nasty in a storm. since i was going to be in the tent it didnt sound so good. This summer sounds good . maybe a rubicon trip before the waterboard closes it

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.