New date Slick Rock July 20 - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > New date Slick Rock July 20

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Closed Thread
Unread 05-25-2013, 09:51 PM   #76
Agent620
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Just ran it today, trail is fine, water crossing is perfect. I got a little hung up at one spot and dragged a lot(least modified of the group). Still had a blast.

If you've ever been in that traffic, you would have ground down the steering wheel with a death grip too. "Just ****ing GOOOOOO!!!!"[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Luuca;15713642]I pitty anyone who tries to reach into that netting unaware.[/QUOTE]
'99 TJ (DD)
'89 XJ (WIP)
Unread 05-26-2013, 12:01 AM   #77
rosajeep28
2013 JK Wrangler 

Trail is in good condition. Did leave a little paint on the trail but hell what's the jeep for. Went through parts people didn't think I would make without being locked and it did awesome pics and video to come!!
Unread 05-26-2013, 12:28 AM   #78
fast540
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent620
Just ran it today, trail is fine, water crossing is perfect. I got a little hung up at one spot and dragged a lot(least modified of the group). Still had a blast.
What kinda setup are you running?
Unread 05-26-2013, 02:13 AM   #79
flyinion
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosajeep28 View Post
Trail is in good condition. Did leave a little paint on the trail but hell what's the jeep for. Went through parts people didn't think I would make without being locked and it did awesome pics and video to come!!
DOH, which parts of the Jeep lost paint? Fenders? (you have a Sahara right?) skid plates? actual bodywork?
Unread 05-26-2013, 02:15 AM   #80
flyinion
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast540 View Post
What's a bld
"Brake lock differential" Basically a poor mans attempt at a locker by Jeep. The computer automatically applies the brake to a spinning wheel in an attempt to give the other wheel traction. It worked like *** on the snow run, maybe it will work better here. I've read on WF that it actually works quite well if you know how to use it (note, I don't know how to use it )
Unread 05-26-2013, 05:02 AM   #81
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Did you leave the paint because you are a 4dr? Were there a lot of people up there? We are leaving once I get off of work today. Can't wait to see the pic's.
Unread 05-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #82
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinion View Post
DOH, which parts of the Jeep lost paint? Fenders? (you have a Sahara right?) skid plates? actual bodywork?
You jk guys seem a bit paranoid.
Unread 05-26-2013, 10:55 AM   #83
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

You won't be saying that if you ever see my JK. Lol
Unread 05-26-2013, 12:16 PM   #84
rosajeep28
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

Not paranoid at all. When you spend close to 50k on something you like to keep it looking good. Plus it just turned 2k in miles lol
Unread 05-26-2013, 12:17 PM   #85
rosajeep28
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene13

Did you leave the paint because you are a 4dr? Were there a lot of people up there? We are leaving once I get off of work today. Can't wait to see the pic's.
Left paint because I got to close to a rock lol. Just didn't put my tire where it needed to be oh well good thing I am friends with a good body shop lol
Unread 05-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #86
rosajeep28
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinion

The rear right fender. Scrap up the rock guards as well. It's was a good trip we enjoyed it. Can't wait to do it again!!
Unread 05-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #87
rosajeep28
2013 JK Wrangler 

Here is one link

YouTube (Short URL)
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
Unread 05-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #88
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosajeep28

The rear right fender. Scrap up the rock guards as well. It's was a good trip we enjoyed it. Can't wait to do it again!!
Where's the pic's
Unread 05-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #89
flyinion
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Ah ok, yeah that's one reason I'm glad I don't have the body matched fenders and I'm more than happy to beat up my Ace rails as long as they do their job, that's what I bought 'em for.
Unread 05-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #90
squarelite
1993 YJ Wrangler 

anxious to see some of the pics. wish we took some more. i'll look through the ones I have and see if they are any good.

it was a good day on the trail until I decided to goof off. those rockers are ummmm, fugly now. guess its time for those rockers guards that ive been putting off for almost a decade. ive skated by a long time without them. every time I think about them, i'm like ehhh, maybe for Christmas. guess Christmas is coming sooner than I thought.

other than that, as always, wish I had more gearing. whatever, skinny pedal sometimes has to make up for it. guess if I grenade something, it will be a part I can replace with lower gears.

was thinking about the 20th. that is the day that we are going to do our daughters 1st bday. are you guys going to be running on the 21st as well? I can make a sunday run on slickrock.

Last edited by squarelite; 05-26-2013 at 03:18 PM..

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.