Needs for Rubicon - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Needs for Rubicon

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 01-28-2014, 06:39 PM   #1
noahmarko

Jk Needs for Rubicon

Hey jeepers! I'm going on Rubicon over the summer with the Jeep Jamboree, and I was wondering what sort of mods or equipment I would need. So far, I have a 3 inch lift kit and Mickey Thompson wheels and tires. What else do I need? Thanks for all of your help.

noahmarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2014, 06:48 PM   #2
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

We can't tell you what you might need, unless we know what you already have. M/T wheels and tires don't tell us much. What size tires?

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2014, 01:56 PM   #3
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

What you have is fine. The jamboree people will have a trail crew to get thru the rough spots.

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2014, 07:29 PM   #4
noahmarko

Jk Tires

I have 33" in tires
noahmarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2014, 08:15 PM   #5
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Fill in your profile.

Click edit.
http://jeepspace.jeepforum.com/noahmarko
Unread 01-31-2014, 10:36 PM   #6
Norcal_chris

1995 YJ Wrangler 

You can basically take a stock jeep through the trail when the jambo is running
Unread 02-23-2014, 09:15 AM   #7
RockWoRM
Don't Fear the Jeeper

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Take lots of water and snacks for the trail. Oh... and a gas mask for all the dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 09:22 AM   #8
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

stock jeeps get through without the Jamboree. DUST lots of very fine dust........back in the 70's we ran it in stock jeeps no lockers. on 30"s. Trail has changed a LOT. i went back in 2012 we had 7 jeeps. one was a JKU with a 2" lift on 33"s no lockers. only pulled wire once.

i would be sure its mechanically sound. I hate it when people bring parts that should have been put on BEFORE they go out. nothing worse than the guy that has beat u joints and a few new spares and waits for it to break out on the trail.......

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.