Jeep mechanic for WK inbay area - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Jeep mechanic for WK inbay area

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 10-01-2013, 11:58 PM   #1
sarath
2008 WK 

Jeep mechanic for WK inbay area

Hello all,

I will be picking up a 2008 WK this weekend. It's around 92000 miles and due for 90K service. Can anyone suggest an independent mechanic shop who can be relied for working on that ? Jeep dealers are giving exorbitantly high quotes.

Thanks!

sarath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #2
johnridesjeeps
1996 ZJ 

Go see Vic at West Valley Auto Tech in Campbell. He is very trust worthy. Does all the work I can't do on my cars. My parents go there always and my grandpa used to see him when Vic was a mechanic at a little gas station. Google them, I think the address is 180 Kennedy Rd.
johnridesjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2014, 12:46 PM   #3
sarath
2008 WK 

Thought I will update this thread.

For general maintenance stuff I have been going to Akin's auto repair at San Jose. So far I got a complete fluid service+PCV valve+spark plug replacement+power steering hose replacement done from there over that last couple of months. Their prices were very reasonable compared to other places including the one mentioned in the above thread. He also seemed to know exactly what fluids (especially power steering) or additives to use (for LSD). So far experience was good.

For Mods/Tires/Wheels stuff I have been going to SWAT customs at Fremont. George there is a straightforward guy who says what he knows, nothing more. Got an OME HD lift kit installed few months before from there. Before going to him, I tried Arabia's Jeep at Campbell. They gave me a quote on email, however seems he didn't know WK has IFS on the front and hence he said has to charge $100 more than his quote. They realized it after they put lifted up the WK and looked under! I was back at work by then, got a cab and ran back to take it off his hands...felt most probably he is not familiar with the setup for WK. Went to SWAT customs the next day and got it done. Last month got bigger Tires/Wheels through George and pinch weld mod done. Overall good.
sarath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.