Hollister Hills saturday 7/27 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Hollister Hills saturday 7/27

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 07-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #16
foxbatt
2013 JK Wrangler 

Try this

foxbatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #17
johnridesjeeps
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbatt
Try this
Is this in the jeep section? I can't find it or comment on it? Your links work but even on the non mobile reddit I can't find it or comment.
johnridesjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #18
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

I toasted my tc and a tire so I'm out.

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #19
foxbatt
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnridesjeeps View Post
Is this in the jeep section? I can't find it or comment on it? Your links work but even on the non mobile reddit I can't find it or comment.
Looks like the spam filter got it and all my other posts. Sent a message to the mods so I hope it will be back up soon.

Here are the details for now:

Schedule
8:30am meet at the Subway by Walmart - 5502 Monterey Highway San Jose, CA 95138 (this may change)
10am at the Hollister Hills Ranger station
10am - Lunch: Drive up to Hector Heights (Easy-Medium trail).
Lunch - ???: Head down to obstacle course, split between hard or medium trails depending on how good you think you are.
??? - evening: Try the obstacle courses, chill and take any trails we choose.
Radio
CB Channel 4, if you have any FRS bring them but I don't have any working ones myself.
Gear
I will be hopefully bringing a winch and some random recovery kit. The SRVA has an airing up station but the more gear everyone brings the better.
Food/Drinks:
Bring your own plus some to share for lunch/dinner. I'd rather we get down the hill in multiple well kept jeeps and not one big pile with orbiting parts so keep the alcoholic drinks for dinner.
Camping
Post if you are staying overnight so I can book a group campsite if we get over 5 victims.
Unread 07-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #20
jetjr91
1995 ZJ 

I might go if I can get the day off
Gonna be fun
jetjr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #21
johnridesjeeps
1996 ZJ 

Im getting new km2s wednesday!!! So they will be nice and fresh.
I'm 80% gonna meet at the parking lot but may head down with my friends if they don't wanna meet up at the lot. Either way ill be on channel 4 and at hollister by 10am. I'm not camping as I have work Sunday, but I am down to stay till 7pm or whatever. I'm bringing my own food because I'm stingy and picky.
I'll be in a green yj on fresh 33 km2s and my wife will be with and have bright pink hair so can't miss her haha.
Weather looks like its gonna be 80 so that's good. I'm pumped stoked excited. It's been way to long since I've been wheeling.
Unread 07-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #22
foxbatt
2013 JK Wrangler 

Finally a working link.
Unread 07-25-2013, 06:08 PM   #23
johnridesjeeps
1996 ZJ 

Two more days!!!
Unread 07-25-2013, 11:15 PM   #24
95zj-limited
1995 ZJ 

Two more days! I can't camp, but am down for trailing until late. I'm trying to convince my fiance to go, but she doesn't seem to be having any of it. Yet

Sent from my Galaxy Note II, running Slimbean 4.2.2, using JeepForum
95zj-limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 11:32 PM   #25
johnridesjeeps
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95zj-limited
Two more days! I can't camp, but am down for trailing until late. I'm trying to convince my fiance to go, but she doesn't seem to be having any of it. Yet

You just gotta be persistent with her haha. My wife was annoyed by jeeps, then ok with them. Now she loves them and I'm gonna get her to drive some on Saturday. Just gotta get her interested in working on them then I'm gold haha.
Unread 07-25-2013, 11:34 PM   #26
95zj-limited
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnridesjeeps View Post

You just gotta be persistent with her haha. My wife was annoyed by jeeps, then ok with them. Now she loves them and I'm gonna get her to drive some on Saturday. Just gotta get her interested in working on them then I'm gold haha.
Ha, I am being persistent. She said she would think about it and went to bed lol. So now to bug her tomorrow about it and hopefully get a yes.

By the way, I have 2 handheld CB radios to go along with the one in my Jeep, if anyone needs to borrow one.

Unread 07-27-2013, 01:00 AM   #27
95zj-limited
1995 ZJ 

Tomorrow! I'm ready and will be there at the Subway at 8:30am

Unread 07-27-2013, 09:50 AM   #28
foxbatt
2013 JK Wrangler 

Everything turned out better than expected. 5 Jeeps in total, both GC's were V8 coolant boilers but I think everyone had a great time.

Last edited by foxbatt; 07-27-2013 at 07:36 PM..
Unread 07-27-2013, 11:53 PM   #29
95zj-limited
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbatt View Post
Everything turned out better than expected. 5 Jeeps in total, both GC's were V8 coolant boilers but I think everyone had a great time.
Definitely had a great time. Time to invest in some electric fans to prevent my ZJ from boiling again lol

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.