Hollister Hills Run/Gathering, March 23rd. 2013 - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Hollister Hills Run/Gathering, March 23rd. 2013

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteinjager TJ tube doorsAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONS

Unread 02-18-2013, 11:58 PM   #46
Gofish TJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I would like to be part if this run, I had to work the day of the Loon Lake Run. I'm not sure if ill be camping yet. I was thinking of pulling a tent trailer up there. I would like to get a few other local jeepers to caravan up there if that's ok.

Gofish TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 12:09 AM   #47
89YJBuilder
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Which campground are people going to try to get into? It would be nice to try to get in the same campground. I'm sure Sat night if not both Fri and Sat nights could be a good time. We could do a heck of a "Tasting".... oh and maybe a little food too. I would even bring a "Big Silver Bullet" for who ever.

Uhh... did I say that?
89YJBuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 01:01 AM   #48
JPetru82

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89YJBuilder
Which campground are people going to try to get into? It would be nice to try to get in the same campground. I'm sure Sat night if not both Fri and Sat nights could be a good time. We could do a heck of a "Tasting".... oh and maybe a little food too. I would even bring a "Big Silver Bullet" for who ever.

Uhh... did I say that?
I only know of the one campsite for 4x4ers. It's the U shapes one that a dry creek bed in the middle. I'm going, hopefully, early enough on Friday to snag the big one in the back.
JPetru82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #49
Mitchell420tj
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I really hope I can go but I won't know till closer to the date
Mitchell420tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #50
89YJBuilder
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPetru82 View Post
I only know of the one campsite for 4x4ers. It's the U shapes one that a dry creek bed in the middle. I'm going, hopefully, early enough on Friday to snag the big one in the back.
I thought there were two. So I guess that makes it easy. If I can go I will be planning on being there between noon and one on Friday. I will be staying till Sunday morning or noon at the latest. It is about a 5hr trip for me. My YJ is good to hold 60 on the Hwy with it on the floor. I polished and ported and balanced the little four. I opened the exhaust and cold air intake and it just isn't quite enough. But until I can do some major drive train upgrades it is what it is. Off road its fine.

Any way hope to see you there.
Unread 02-22-2013, 12:48 AM   #51
Camilo98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Been there many times and camped there as well. I agree grab the big sites in sycamore camground (shaded w the dry creek bed). They have good bathrooms and awesome hot showers!

TAKE Tecnu with you! Everyone! there is lots of poison oak on the trails. I never had it but know ppl that do everytime we go. My tips: I use gloves when driving and walking around. Keep wet-ones on me. Don't touch your junk if you even think you touched anything green ( I heard horror stories when it gets down there). Still amazing how many don't know what it looks like and walk in it (regret it later). Wash your Face, arms, hands, shi* even bettter take a shower w tecnu after wheeling! feell great after anyways.

Not trying to scare anyone this place is awesome for any level of rigs and experience. Just go prepared. Tecnu is your friend.

For the ones on 33's and feel confident: Jungle trail is my favorite of all, not on the map but ask others. Trail goes fir a while even when you run into another road. They have recently added two obstacle courses for buggies and more modded rigs, check them out anyways.
If you get some time walk Tank Trap, this is where they film Top Truck Challenge!
Camilo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 10:02 AM   #52
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Is it the 23rd yet?
lowranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 11:12 AM   #53
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camilo98 View Post
Been there many times and camped there as well. I agree grab the big sites in sycamore camground (shaded w the dry creek bed). They have good bathrooms and awesome hot showers!

TAKE Tecnu with you! Everyone! there is lots of poison oak on the trails. I never had it but know ppl that do everytime we go. My tips: I use gloves when driving and walking around. Keep wet-ones on me. Don't touch your junk if you even think you touched anything green ( I heard horror stories when it gets down there). Still amazing how many don't know what it looks like and walk in it (regret it later). Wash your Face, arms, hands, shi* even bettter take a shower w tecnu after wheeling! feell great after anyways.

Not trying to scare anyone this place is awesome for any level of rigs and experience. Just go prepared. Tecnu is your friend.

For the ones on 33's and feel confident: Jungle trail is my favorite of all, not on the map but ask others. Trail goes fir a while even when you run into another road. They have recently added two obstacle courses for buggies and more modded rigs, check them out anyways.
If you get some time walk Tank Trap, this is where they film Top Truck Challenge!
Thanks for the tips! Yeah, Cow Mt OHV is the same, lot's of poison oak. Will you be able to join us on the 23rd?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 02:04 PM   #54
89YJBuilder
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Thanks for the tips! Yeah, Cow Mt OHV is the same, lot's of poison oak. Will you be able to join us on the 23rd?
Jimbob this place is not like Cow! I think they farm it there for transplant to every where else in the state. I mean it is thick. I am stocking up on Technu Gold. I react to it if I look at it wrong. I am planning on being there non the less. I love that place.

Anybody that goes on the Jungle run better expect more than pin stripes. The pics I posted earlier were of the worst parts.
Unread 02-22-2013, 04:52 PM   #55
jkthomps
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have never had a problem with poison oak down there. Don't worry Jim... you will be finem
jkthomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 10:03 PM   #56
408jeeper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Me neither. I have never had a problem with poison oak
408jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 08:10 AM   #57
Hitman72
1988 MJ Comanche 

So I am new to the jeep world but not new to turning wrenches and having a good time. I would love to tag along and try out my 88mj on a few trails. Jpetru82 is a classmate of mine and can vouch for me (I think, lol ). So I do have one question, and make fun if you must , but what is the protocol on those two legged things that cost more then jeeps (girlfriends) ?
Hitman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #58
jkthomps
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman72 View Post
what is the protocol on those two legged things that cost more then jeeps (girlfriends) ?
Hahaha that right there is funny and true... hahaha bring them. The more the merrier! I sometimes leave my wife behind because she thinks I take my jeep to crazy places but she loves to go to hollister with me. So if your gf loves the outdoors and jeeping bring her.
jkthomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #59
Gofish TJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman72
So I am new to the jeep world but not new to turning wrenches and having a good time. I would love to tag along and try out my 88mj on a few trails. Jpetru82 is a classmate of mine and can vouch for me (I think, lol ). So I do have one question, and make fun if you must , but what is the protocol on those two legged things that cost more then jeeps (girlfriends) ?
Welcome to the disease, Turning wrenches is a good thing cause the Mods never stop.
Gofish TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #60
JPetru82

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman72
. Jpetru82 is a classmate of mine and can vouch for me (I think, lol ).) ?
hmm. I don't know if I want to tarnish my good name by associating with you. lol. It's about damn time you joined up on here. off to napa to pick up my new alternator.
JPetru82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.