[HELP] Fix driver door lock/latch (Martinez) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > [HELP] Fix driver door lock/latch (Martinez)

**new!!** pandemic-usa led pod lights!! Siiiiick!!!07-15 JEEP JK Inner axle tube SleevesBead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Unread 04-23-2015, 01:50 PM   #1
snozberries
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Xj [HELP] Fix driver door lock/latch (Martinez)

Hello there,

Just bought my first Jeep - 1999 Cherokee Sport. Took off the door panel to fix the power window lock switch, put the panel back on and now the latch says locked, but it is unlocked and the lock indicator won't move over to unlocked. Assuming the rods got bent because when the door panel is off and pushed slightly off to the left, it works. However when I move it over to pop in all the clips it gets pulled on and stuck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - assuming it's just a matter of bending the rods. If someone could either give me some guidance or come out this way. Thank you!

snozberries is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2015, 03:27 PM   #2
Steve707
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Where is martinez are you? I can't help today but can tomorrow afternoon. Can you post a picture of it?
Steve707 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2015, 07:17 PM   #3
snozberries
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve707 View Post
Where is martinez are you? I can't help today but can tomorrow afternoon. Can you post a picture of it?
I'm over near Hidden Lakes Park. I will try to get a picture of it, but no promises. Assuming the top rod just needs to be bent a bit.
Unread 04-24-2015, 08:48 PM   #4
Steve707
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I've had to fix the door on my jeep and truck, and the rods are pretty stout. You'd have to go out of your way to bend them. Are you sure all the connectors and rods are in the right place?
Unread 04-24-2015, 09:10 PM   #5
snozberries
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve707 View Post
I've had to fix the door on my jeep and truck, and the rods are pretty stout. You'd have to go out of your way to bend them. Are you sure all the connectors and rods are in the right place?
I didn't mess with the top one because the clip was in, I had access to what I needed without completely removing the panel from the door. Could have tweaked something...hmm. Maybe I will just try removing the whole panel and checking everything out. I'm so new at this
Unread 04-25-2015, 11:40 AM   #6
Steve707
1993 YJ Wrangler 

If you need a hand shoot me a text. 9256392979 When the lock on my truck door wasn't working it was because the ****ty mechanics left a rod disconnected to one of the clips.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.