Deer Valley - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Deer Valley

JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 04-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #16
jurgen24
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
April 20th.
Is the plan to run from Utica up as far as you can get and then turn-around? Usually Hwy 4 does not open until mid May.

jurgen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 06:52 PM   #17
102joe
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yj

I will be going in at Utica up & back is my normal run .

NO REALY ,, IT IS HIP TO BE SQUAIR
102joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #18
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurgen24 View Post
Is the plan to run from Utica up as far as you can get and then turn-around? Usually Hwy 4 does not open until mid May.
I just talked to Jeff at Calaveras ranger station and they're opening up on the 15th of April this year.
Unread 04-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #19
102joe
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I went on Gettinoff's web site . I did not finde anything about this weekend . Does any one know if there's a Rally Point & Time ? I am not sure but I will try to be at Utica by 9:00 Saturday .

Unread 04-18-2013, 10:56 PM   #20
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

They're running sourgrass first because they're cleaning it up. I don't have a schedule or an idea if I will be able to go but signs are pointing to yes. And I usually run it North to South starting at alpine.
Unread 04-19-2013, 10:29 PM   #21
102joe
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yj

Quote:
They're running sourgrass first because they're cleaning it up. I don't have a schedule or an idea if I will be able to go but signs are pointing to yes. And I usually run it North to South starting at alpine.
Hope to see you there Ill be leaving the bay around 5:30 am . Hope to be heading in at Utica around 9:00 . I don't know anything about Sourgrass where is it ?

Unread 04-19-2013, 10:38 PM   #22
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Plans changed again. A couple of us are meeting at the shell in Farmington at 0800.

Lemme PM you my number.
Unread 04-20-2013, 10:16 PM   #23
102joe
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yj

Got to Utica around 9:30-10:00 . We got about 1/2 way to Alpine ,and figured we were the first ones to get that far because we had to spend about 2 hours clearing downed trees. As we cleared the last tree couple guys from Joaquin Jeepers came up the trail. We went with them to about the 3/4 point . The snow drifts started getting DEEPER . So we turned back. They told us that a group of Jeeps had tried to come in from Alpine but the snow was to deep .
Early we Ran into a black YJ at Chevron in Arnold . Then he passed us as we turned off at Spicer . I thought it might be you Anticanman . Must have ben part of that group . We did here some Chatter on the C.B. (chan 3) coming from the Stair Step on our way back . But no one was still there by the time we got to it .
So if any of you all were there Sorry we missed ya .

Unread 04-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #24
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 102joe View Post
Got to Utica around 9:30-10:00 . We got about 1/2 way to Alpine ,and figured we were the first ones to get that far because we had to spend about 2 hours clearing downed trees. As we cleared the last tree couple guys from Joaquin Jeepers came up the trail. We went with them to about the 3/4 point . The snow drifts started getting DEEPER . So we turned back. They told us that a group of Jeeps had tried to come in from Alpine but the snow was to deep .
Early we Ran into a black YJ at Chevron in Arnold . Then he passed us as we turned off at Spicer . I thought it might be you Anticanman . Must have ben part of that group . We did here some Chatter on the C.B. (chan 3) coming from the Stair Step on our way back . But no one was still there by the time we got to it .
So if any of you all were there Sorry we missed ya .
That was us on channel 3 and we stayed on the stairs for a while just messing around. And that was us trying to get in at alpine but we went around instead. The trail was nasty compared to previous years. The big boulder before the actual staircase was covered in mud by the time we were done. Wish I could have seen ya out there joe.
Unread 04-22-2013, 09:30 AM   #25
jurgen24
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
That was us on channel 3 and we stayed on the stairs for a while just messing around. And that was us trying to get in at alpine but we went around instead. The trail was nasty compared to previous years. The big boulder before the actual staircase was covered in mud by the time we were done. Wish I could have seen ya out there joe.
Was wondering how you get in at Lake Alpine when hwy 4 is closed?
Unread 04-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #26
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Highway 4 opened on the 15th. You can't make it through there because of the huge snow drifts currently but when they melt you'll be able to drop in then
Unread 04-22-2013, 11:48 AM   #27
jurgen24
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Highway 4 opened on the 15th. You can't make it through there because of the huge snow drifts currently but when they melt you'll be able to drop in then
According to Caltrans its still closed, that gate is about 1/2 mile before turnoff to Lake ALpine. Still puzzled

SR 4
[IN THE CENTRAL CALIFORNIA AREA]
IS CLOSED FROM 0.5 MI EAST OF THE JCT OF SR 207 /MT REBA TURNOFF/ TO THE
JCT OF SR 89 /EBBETTS PASS/ (ALPINE CO) - FOR THE WINTER - MOTORISTS ARE
ADVISED TO USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE
Unread 04-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #28
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Well I was there and I saw it. Choose what ya wanna believe.
Unread 04-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #29
jurgen24
1984 CJ7 

I believe you, I was just assuming if hwy 4 is closed then gate would be closed too.
Unread 05-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #30
ChopnBrockli
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys. Been lurking for a while. From the area so figured I'd chime in.
There's 2 gates at lake alpine. They open the first one that gives you access to lake alpine about 2 weeks before the other gate. The other gate is at the far end and it stays closed until the pass opens. I saw some guys come out of slick rock at Alpine yesterday so they must have done some trail clearing.
Hwy 4 is open. There is still snow up high and between hermit valley and blue lakes.
ChopnBrockli is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.