Carnegie any good?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Carnegie any good??

Artec JK Under Armor BellypanEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 04-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
jetjr91
1995 ZJ 

Carnegie any good??

Thinking of going to Carnegie svra this Saturday as hollister is closed this weekend. Is it anything like hollister with trails? Worth the hour drive?

jetjr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #2
jurgen24
1984 CJ7 

It only has a small 4x4 area, mudpit, rocks, stair steps, rocks, mild frame twister, did I mention rocks? Its good for a shakedown and getting stuck on rocks. It normally keeps me amused for 2hrs.
jurgen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 10:24 PM   #3
102joe
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yj

NO ITS NOT at least as of the last time I was there . Its ben a year or 2. To bad because its only about 45 min from me . It a good place for a Quick shake down but not much real wheelin . You would probably have a much better time at Frank Rains in Patterson . A bit farther but more actual trails . To bad I cant get away from the house or I love to go with ya .

NO REALY ,, IT IS HIP TO BE SQUAIR
102joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 11:14 PM   #4
jetjr91
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 102joe
NO ITS NOT at least as of the last time I was there . Its ben a year or 2. To bad because its only about 45 min from me . It a good place for a Quick shake down but not much real wheelin . You would probably have a much better time at Frank Rains in Patterson . A bit farther but more actual trails . To bad I cant get away from the house or I love to go with ya .
Thanks for the heads up
Might just end up hitting hollister next weekend then
jetjr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #5
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Carnegie has its place as a really chill area to test your jeep out. There is something for everyone unless you like long trail rides. Best part about it, you can drive around the entire 4x4 area in about thirty seconds. Everything is close and you don't have to go far to get a spotter. And its easy to get a tow truck in there too if you break something.
Unread 05-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #6
Sudcalifornio
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Close to everything, but very small play area, no trails, what im the most interested
Sudcalifornio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 10:03 PM   #7
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Frank Raines has miles and miles of trails.
Unread 05-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #8
Sudcalifornio
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Where is it at?
Sudcalifornio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 10:21 PM   #9
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Outside Patterson. 16 miles west of the Denny's in Patterson to be exact. Better hurry out there because it closes for the summer.
Unread 05-21-2013, 06:12 AM   #10
102joe
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yj

Not to change this thread ,,,,,,,,, but any ever go to the Antique military maneuvers at Frank Rains ?? I ve herd about it since was a kid but have never been able to fined out when they are .

Unread 06-25-2013, 12:45 PM   #11
Jam86
2012 JK Wrangler 

Not a fan of FR or carnegie. I live in Tracy but it takes me an hour to get to FR, about 10minutes for carnegie. Sometimes more with a slow YJ behind me...ok Nick I think thats enough busting your balls for one day. Anyways takes me an hour to get there, for that amount of time I can drive another half hour to an hour and go other places that I find more challenging and fun. If anyone decides to go to any of these im sure I can get a group together and maybe we can bbq and do a meet & greet
Jam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 06:31 AM   #12
102joe
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam86 View Post
Not a fan of FR or carnegie. I live in Tracy but it takes me an hour to get to FR, about 10minutes for carnegie. Sometimes more with a slow YJ behind me...ok Nick I think thats enough busting your balls for one day. Anyways takes me an hour to get there, for that amount of time I can drive another half hour to an hour and go other places that I find more challenging and fun. If anyone decides to go to any of these im sure I can get a group together and maybe we can bbq and do a meet & greet
Down for a meet and greet , maybe a thread is in order ? YJ aren't so much as slow as they just run at different pace , ,, OK maybe there slow

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.