JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Northern California (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f427/)
-   -   Carnegie any good?? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f427/carnegie-any-good-1504313/)

jetjr91 04-04-2013 09:40 PM

Carnegie any good??

Thinking of going to Carnegie svra this Saturday as hollister is closed this weekend. Is it anything like hollister with trails? Worth the hour drive?

jurgen24 04-04-2013 10:20 PM

It only has a small 4x4 area, mudpit, rocks, stair steps, rocks, mild frame twister, did I mention rocks? Its good for a shakedown and getting stuck on rocks. It normally keeps me amused for 2hrs.

102joe 04-04-2013 10:24 PM

NO ITS NOT at least as of the last time I was there . Its ben a year or 2. To bad because its only about 45 min from me . It a good place for a Quick shake down but not much real wheelin . You would probably have a much better time at Frank Rains in Patterson . A bit farther but more actual trails . To bad I cant get away from the house or I love to go with ya . :cheers2:

jetjr91 04-04-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 102joe
NO ITS NOT at least as of the last time I was there . Its ben a year or 2. To bad because its only about 45 min from me . It a good place for a Quick shake down but not much real wheelin . You would probably have a much better time at Frank Rains in Patterson . A bit farther but more actual trails . To bad I cant get away from the house or I love to go with ya . :cheers2:

Thanks for the heads up
Might just end up hitting hollister next weekend then

Anticanman 04-06-2013 06:21 PM

Carnegie has its place as a really chill area to test your jeep out. There is something for everyone unless you like long trail rides. Best part about it, you can drive around the entire 4x4 area in about thirty seconds. Everything is close and you don't have to go far to get a spotter. And its easy to get a tow truck in there too if you break something.

Sudcalifornio 05-20-2013 09:54 PM

Close to everything, but very small play area, no trails, what im the most interested

Anticanman 05-20-2013 10:03 PM

Frank Raines has miles and miles of trails.

Sudcalifornio 05-20-2013 10:19 PM

Where is it at?

Anticanman 05-20-2013 10:21 PM

Outside Patterson. 16 miles west of the Denny's in Patterson to be exact. Better hurry out there because it closes for the summer.

102joe 05-21-2013 06:12 AM

Not to change this thread ,,,,,,,,, but any ever go to the Antique military maneuvers at Frank Rains ?? I ve herd about it since was a kid but have never been able to fined out when they are .

Jam86 06-25-2013 12:45 PM

Not a fan of FR or carnegie. I live in Tracy but it takes me an hour to get to FR, about 10minutes for carnegie. Sometimes more with a slow YJ behind me...ok Nick I think thats enough busting your balls for one day. Anyways takes me an hour to get there, for that amount of time I can drive another half hour to an hour and go other places that I find more challenging and fun. If anyone decides to go to any of these im sure I can get a group together and maybe we can bbq and do a meet & greet

102joe 06-27-2013 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jam86 (Post 15605810)
Not a fan of FR or carnegie. I live in Tracy but it takes me an hour to get to FR, about 10minutes for carnegie. Sometimes more with a slow YJ behind me...ok Nick I think thats enough busting your balls for one day. Anyways takes me an hour to get there, for that amount of time I can drive another half hour to an hour and go other places that I find more challenging and fun. If anyone decides to go to any of these im sure I can get a group together and maybe we can bbq and do a meet & greet

Down for a meet and greet , maybe a thread is in order ? :confused::confused: YJ aren't so much as slow as they just run at different pace , ,, OK maybe there slow :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The time now is 05:42 PM.