Bay area jeepers! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Bay area jeepers!

August special - FREE XJ Unibody stiffeners when you buy a~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!

Unread 06-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
johnridesjeeps
1996 ZJ 

Bay area jeepers!

I've been wanting to hit up hollister hills, since I've yet to take my new yj off road . My dilemma is I have Tuesdays and Wednesdays off work. Anybody happen to have one of those days off and down to hit the trails? If not ill probably try to set something up for a weekend. No dates set yet but preferably in the next few weeks. Let me know!!

johnridesjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 09:50 PM   #2
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnridesjeeps
I've been wanting to hit up hollister hills, since I've yet to take my new yj off road . My dilemma is I have Tuesdays and Wednesdays off work. Anybody happen to have one of those days off and down to hit the trails? If not ill probably try to set something up for a weekend. No dates set yet but preferably in the next few weeks. Let me know!!
I have the same days off. I maybe able to get down there on Tuesday. I should know on Sat.
Unread 06-20-2013, 11:17 PM   #3
johnridesjeeps
1996 ZJ 

What about July 2? It's a little further out. I've got stuff next tues-wed?
Unread 06-21-2013, 05:55 AM   #4
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
What about July 2? It's a little further out. I've got stuff next tues-wed?
I have to wait and see about that day, but it should work.
Unread 06-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #5
johnridesjeeps
1996 ZJ 

Sweet. So anybody else available is welcome to join. Will post up more info as the time gets closer.
Unread 06-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #6
johnridesjeeps
1996 ZJ 

Bump. Realized this is the week of 4th of July so maybe people have the week off or a few days or just want to come out for a weekday excursion.
Unread 06-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #7
Alamedajeepin

Hey would you guys want the company of a total newbie? I just picked up a 2013 sport. Totally new to wheeling.
Alamedajeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 04:59 PM   #8
johnridesjeeps
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamedajeepin
Hey would you guys want the company of a total newbie? I just picked up a 2013 sport. Totally new to wheeling.
I'm down. Not sure yet if gene13 is still coming but I bought my yj a few months ago and haven't taken it out yet. It's been too long since I've been on the trails so its like I'm a newb haha. So even if gene passes I'm still down to go with you. Hollister has trails for everyone. Is your jeep 2 or 4 door?
Unread 06-25-2013, 08:44 PM   #9
Alamedajeepin

It is a 2 door. Ya I would like to go for sure. I need to double check my days off.
Unread 06-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #10
johnridesjeeps
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamedajeepin
It is a 2 door. Ya I would like to go for sure. I need to double check my days off.
Sweet. The shorter wheel base will allow you on most of the trails. We don't have to go up crazy stuff but how opposed are you to getting pin stripping and maybe some small scuffs?
Unread 06-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #11
johnridesjeeps
1996 ZJ 

Hey guys. I know we haven't finalized anything but if you guys want to push it out a week since this heat wave is going thru Tuesday and its gonna be over 90 in hollister, its 99 right now 8). If you've made plans to go Tuesday either way ill go. Just figured it would be funner when it wasn't hot as balls. Let me know what you think. So I'm thinking push it to July 9 unless anyone had a issue??

Edit: I lied. If its in the 90s I'm not going
Unread 06-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #12
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Hey guys. I know we haven't finalized anything but if you guys want to push it out a week since this heat wave is going thru Tuesday and its gonna be over 90 in hollister, its 99 right now 8). If you've made plans to go Tuesday either way ill go. Just figured it would be funner when it wasn't hot as balls. Let me know what you think. So I'm thinking push it to July 9 unless anyone had a issue??

Edit: I lied. If its in the 90s I'm not going
That maybe the best to wait. Love to wheel just not when it's so F-ing hot out.
The next week ( the 7th) I will be out.
Unread 06-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #13
johnridesjeeps
1996 ZJ 

Maybe shoot for July 16th then? Unless the devil and his weather return.
Unread 06-29-2013, 08:12 PM   #14
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Maybe shoot for July 16th then? Unless the devil and his weather return.
We have a Slick Rock run that weekend. So days off are different that week. You should try to make it. There's going to be 12-15 of us going and most of us are camping.
Unread 06-30-2013, 08:26 AM   #15
Alamedajeepin

After working in 103 deg heat the last two days I agree! Lets wait till it cools down. As far as scuffing, pinstriping, and the likes it is going to happen. I would just like to make a payment or two first =P

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.