JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Northern California (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f427/)
-   -   Bay area jeepers! (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f427/bay-area-jeepers-1539265/)

johnridesjeeps 06-20-2013 08:53 PM

Bay area jeepers!

I've been wanting to hit up hollister hills, since I've yet to take my new yj off road :(. My dilemma is I have Tuesdays and Wednesdays off work. Anybody happen to have one of those days off and down to hit the trails? If not ill probably try to set something up for a weekend. No dates set yet but preferably in the next few weeks. Let me know!!

Gene13 06-20-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnridesjeeps
I've been wanting to hit up hollister hills, since I've yet to take my new yj off road :(. My dilemma is I have Tuesdays and Wednesdays off work. Anybody happen to have one of those days off and down to hit the trails? If not ill probably try to set something up for a weekend. No dates set yet but preferably in the next few weeks. Let me know!!

I have the same days off. I maybe able to get down there on Tuesday. I should know on Sat.

johnridesjeeps 06-20-2013 11:17 PM

What about July 2? It's a little further out. I've got stuff next tues-wed?

Gene13 06-21-2013 05:55 AM

Quote:

What about July 2? It's a little further out. I've got stuff next tues-wed?

I have to wait and see about that day, but it should work.

johnridesjeeps 06-21-2013 09:16 AM

Sweet. So anybody else available is welcome to join. Will post up more info as the time gets closer.

johnridesjeeps 06-25-2013 02:43 PM

Bump. Realized this is the week of 4th of July so maybe people have the week off or a few days or just want to come out for a weekday excursion.

Alamedajeepin 06-25-2013 03:22 PM

Hey would you guys want the company of a total newbie? I just picked up a 2013 sport. Totally new to wheeling.

johnridesjeeps 06-25-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alamedajeepin
Hey would you guys want the company of a total newbie? I just picked up a 2013 sport. Totally new to wheeling.

I'm down. Not sure yet if gene13 is still coming but I bought my yj a few months ago and haven't taken it out yet. It's been too long since I've been on the trails so its like I'm a newb haha. So even if gene passes I'm still down to go with you. Hollister has trails for everyone. Is your jeep 2 or 4 door?

Alamedajeepin 06-25-2013 08:44 PM

It is a 2 door. Ya I would like to go for sure. I need to double check my days off.

johnridesjeeps 06-25-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alamedajeepin
It is a 2 door. Ya I would like to go for sure. I need to double check my days off.

Sweet. The shorter wheel base will allow you on most of the trails. We don't have to go up crazy stuff but how opposed are you to getting pin stripping and maybe some small scuffs?

johnridesjeeps 06-29-2013 01:54 PM

Hey guys. I know we haven't finalized anything but if you guys want to push it out a week since this heat wave is going thru Tuesday and its gonna be over 90 in hollister, its 99 right now 8). If you've made plans to go Tuesday either way ill go. Just figured it would be funner when it wasn't hot as balls. Let me know what you think. So I'm thinking push it to July 9 unless anyone had a issue??

Edit: I lied. If its in the 90s I'm not going

Gene13 06-29-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Hey guys. I know we haven't finalized anything but if you guys want to push it out a week since this heat wave is going thru Tuesday and its gonna be over 90 in hollister, its 99 right now 8). If you've made plans to go Tuesday either way ill go. Just figured it would be funner when it wasn't hot as balls. Let me know what you think. So I'm thinking push it to July 9 unless anyone had a issue??

Edit: I lied. If its in the 90s I'm not going

That maybe the best to wait. Love to wheel just not when it's so F-ing hot out.
The next week ( the 7th) I will be out. :(

johnridesjeeps 06-29-2013 06:55 PM

Maybe shoot for July 16th then? Unless the devil and his weather return.

Gene13 06-29-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Maybe shoot for July 16th then? Unless the devil and his weather return.

We have a Slick Rock run that weekend. So days off are different that week. You should try to make it. There's going to be 12-15 of us going and most of us are camping.

Alamedajeepin 06-30-2013 08:26 AM

After working in 103 deg heat the last two days I agree! Lets wait till it cools down. As far as scuffing, pinstriping, and the likes it is going to happen. I would just like to make a payment or two first =P

The time now is 01:09 AM.