Any trails around the bay area? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Any trails around the bay area?

Artec 14b bolt BACKBONE trussNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Engo is bringing New LED Light Bars to the table...Get a g

Unread 02-27-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
JoshG
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Any trails around the bay area?

Looking for somewhere to wheel around the bay area.

I just picked up my 06 Rubicon on Wednesday, I am looking for an easy enjoyable place to go offroading this weekend. I have a winch, but no one else with a 4x4 to go.

Just looking for something within an hour and a half that is not to tough for a beginner, but offers some small challenges for my Jeep.

Thanks.

JoshG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2009, 02:17 PM   #2
OneCleanYj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

There's an identical thread down this page a bit further

Anywho, congrats on the purchase! Hollister Hills is a lot of fun and has lots of trails/obstacles you can give a try, and not really be worried about being out on your own. Frank Raines also isn't too far away. Other than that, you're going to have to head East on I-80 towards the Sierras to find some trails
Unread 02-27-2009, 03:51 PM   #3
JoshG
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Thank you. I dont know how I overlooked the identical thread. Thanks again.
Unread 02-27-2009, 04:46 PM   #4
RrCoX22
1997 ZJ 

hollister and prarie city are your closest options for OHV parks
Unread 02-28-2009, 02:36 PM   #5
xjsf
2008 JK Wrangler 

Congrats on the Rubi!!! My friends and I are going to Hollister on Sunday 03/01.. Your more than welcome to join us... We all live in the Bay Area... In fact I'm in SF, my buddies are in Emeryville and Hayward.. Meet on the road or at the Park.. No pressure just have fun up to your level..
Unread 02-28-2009, 03:56 PM   #6
xjsf
2008 JK Wrangler 

i sent you a pm Josh... my name is jeremiah and well be leaving san francisco/emeryville/hayward between 0900a and 1000a.. were gonna caravan to hollister and your more than welcome to join the drive down.. or you can meet us there between 1200 or 1230.. i left you my phone number in the pm.. well will also be on ch16 for the drive down and while at hollister.. im in an blk 08 rubi unlim.. and my buddy is in a blk 05 4runner...
Unread 02-28-2009, 08:16 PM   #7
polished_heckle
2007 MK Patriot 

Carnagie or Hollister - March 11,12?

Hi,

We're coming down south in the second week of March to get away from this damned snow burying our mountains. Mostly a mountain bike trip, but would love to get the Jeep dirty too. We'll be staying in San Jose for the week.

Anyone up for some "easy" wheeling (I'm in a lifted, trail-rated Patriot) mid week? March 11 or 12 would be ideal, but we're flexible.

You'll be surprised what the Patriot can do. I just always go with another truck "in case".

As a side note - the SVRA websites seem to focus on ATV's and motorbikes. Are they Jeep friendly too? I'm guessing yes by this thread...

How much $ to play there for a day?
polished_heckle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2009, 07:54 PM   #8
JoshG
2006 LJ Wrangler 

We went today, it was $5.00. There are two sections of the place, one for dirtbikes and one for trucks. I will be out of town on the dates that you will be down here, have to go to Virginia for a week for work. I am going to post some pictures shortly from our trip today.
Unread 03-01-2009, 08:26 PM   #9
JoshG
2006 LJ Wrangler 

My Jeep

xjsfs Jeep

Phils Toyota

Winching a broke Jeep

I did not get a whole lot of pictures, I am sure other people have more. I had a really good time, it was a lot of fun.
Unread 03-02-2009, 12:09 AM   #10
xjsf
2008 JK Wrangler 

Josh that was a BLAST!!!
good to meet you and your buddy..
here are more pics..
i wish i got more but the rain poured to hard for me to risk my camera..

there was so much more but i didnt get pics
and that was cool of you to winch out that jeep
Unread 03-03-2009, 01:27 AM   #11
Midnightwolf
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Got a wheeling trip for this weekend at frank raines in the works. You interested?
Midnightwolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2009, 10:23 AM   #12
OneCleanYj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like you guys had a great time!

I haven't been to Hollister in ages... Every time I turn around something new is going wrong with my rig (Like my $180 DS rebuild yesterday : ), and I think my bearings in my D35 are going bad... Aaaand I've still got to fix my tranny... Then there's all 4 ball joints up front...
Unread 03-03-2009, 11:49 AM   #13
JoshG
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightwolf View Post
Got a wheeling trip for this weekend at frank raines in the works. You interested?
I am gonna be out of town for a week as of this Friday. I am gonna try to go somewhere tomorrow and do some wheeling though.
Unread 06-16-2013, 12:22 AM   #14
ckenlife
2013 JK Wrangler 

Looks fun
I just bought a 2013 Sahara and been looking for a place to do some wheeling
ckenlife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #15
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenlife View Post
Looks fun
I just bought a 2013 Sahara and been looking for a place to do some wheeling
Welcome.

Where are you located? Frank Raines is about to close for the summer and Carnegie only has a small obstacle course but its rather good to hone your skills. Shoot me a PM if you've got a free weekend to go play.
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.