Rocky Point - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Mexico/International > Rocky Point

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-07-2004, 07:49 AM   #1
cbrspdfrk

Rocky Point

Anyone know of where to wheel legally down in Rocky Point?

cbrspdfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2004, 02:14 PM   #2
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Where is this rocky point located on the map of the world? Which country, region, hemisphere .. etc?
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2010, 10:35 PM   #3
sdlopez83

Seriously, Rocky POint India?

We have a Rocky Point in long Island? I bust *** there mountain biking. Might be it?
Unread 09-16-2010, 01:23 PM   #4
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

That'd be about 3 hrs sw of tucson....in mexico aka puerto penasco

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
gsaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #5
dhoeftusmc
2007 JK Wrangler 

Anyone have updates on the Rocky Point/Puerto Penasco area? I'm moving to Yuma and plan on making that trip. I have to get my salt water fix and the sea of cortez is close!
dhoeftusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 11:52 AM   #6
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

Beautiful area, 100s of miles of empty beach, great seafood if you go to the right places (try Marias on the warf) BUT its Mexico and the debate rages about how safe it is. From Yuma you may also want to check out san Felipe, hot springs in the surf at puertocitos and bahia gonzaga....still it is the wild west but you cannot go armed.

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
gsaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #7
turrillas
2004 WJ 

Legal off Road!!!

In mexico, you can go off road any place that you don't see a barb wire fence. The barb wire as in some places in the US, it means private property.

You might see a fence without a door, still will be private property. if you don't see a fence is open country.

All beaches are open to the public, there is a law that from the beach to main land is open to the public (Around 150 feet = 50 meters). So you will see a lot of people on the beach with their cars, don't go around hotel areas, they don't like it!
turrillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 01:31 AM   #8
Ken Cooke
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Go Unarmed, Be Happy!

I did some beach camping UNARMED in Mexico and the place was so crowded with friend, happy people, I don't think you would have much to worry about. Location: La Salina/La Mision-area, Baja California. Just got back tonight. Had a great time with the Wife.
Ken Cooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #9
turrillas
2004 WJ 

Some pics from Baja 500

FIrst of all I am from MExico.

I usually go with a group of friends to baja 500 and we camp out on the open country, up in the hills or in the beach like an hour away. and is very quite and friendly environment.

Also be aware Guns ar ilegal in Mexico, do not bring them! Just in case you think you will be safer, you wont.

This are a couple of pics from a place we camp every year during baja 500

is just like 5 to 10 miles away from a town call erendira (South of Ensenada, Baja California). I can put the pics as attachments, so I put a PDF file instead, hope it works.
01062013504.jpg  
File Type: pdf Baja South of Ensenada.pdf (200.4 KB, 12 views)
turrillas is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.