Pics wheeling in Mexico (my YJ) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Mexico/International > Pics wheeling in Mexico (my YJ)

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-06-2006, 05:06 PM   #1
Waca

Pics wheeling in Mexico (my YJ)

There was a competition in northern Mexico about 2 months ago, here, the entry level category is stock, wich means any kind of lift, stock engine, tranny, transfer, no lockers what so ever, and tires no bigger than 33's. They also have the big categories but I am having fun in stock class. Well here are some pics......

First of all, the Corona girls......

Waca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2006, 05:09 PM   #2
Waca

O.K. lets try again.........
Unread 01-06-2006, 05:45 PM   #3
red99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waca
O.K. lets try again.........
cant hyperlink from imagestation
Unread 01-11-2006, 11:54 AM   #4
Waca

What do you mean? I followed the instructions on how to post stickies but have not been able to do it.
Unread 01-11-2006, 03:58 PM   #5
articulate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waca
What do you mean? I followed the instructions on how to post stickies but have not been able to do it.
Imagestation doesn't allow hotlinking ---> that is, they don't allow you to post an image on another website by using the URL from their site, even if it is 'your' picture. You'll have to post a link to your album on imagestation, rather than insert the images right in your post here.

Cheers,
M
articulate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2006, 06:25 PM   #6
Ken Cooke
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Waca,

I'm leading a 3 day Baja run in April. If you're still in Mexico, you'll want to check it out...Lots and lots of 'wheeling (3 days worth), and ppl are signed up and ready to join in the fun!!

[http://www.thedesertoutlaw.20megsfree.com/photo6.html
Ken Cooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2006, 06:55 PM   #7
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cooke
Waca,

I'm leading a 3 day Baja run in April. If you're still in Mexico, you'll want to check it out...Lots and lots of 'wheeling (3 days worth), and ppl are signed up and ready to join in the fun!!

[http://www.thedesertoutlaw.20megsfree.com/photo6.html
That's something I would definitley be interested in if I had the time off work... looks and sounds amazing. How many rigs do you expect? Is this an annual thing? Also, I see 1 locker is required. No locker on my rig .
thejafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2006, 06:53 PM   #8
Ken Cooke
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejafe
That's something I would definitley be interested in if I had the time off work... looks and sounds amazing. How many rigs do you expect? Is this an annual thing? Also, I see 1 locker is required. No locker on my rig .
No locker? We have plenty of yank straps, so no problem...

I will probably lead this run again in April '07 one last time. The new '08 Passport regulation will probably force enthusiasm for this run out of existence...

This April, I have the following victims lined up...

Mrs. Cooke and I (incl. Chihuahuas Frida and T.J.)
Mike Hendrick (once he repairs his YJ from the last Pole Line Run)
Aldo Santini & son in their TJ
Victor Rodriguez (not sure his make or model)
Jim Grier in his built Rubicon
John Gadd is a 'maybe' in his built Rover Disco
John Vera in his built LJ 'USMarineLJ' I think is his handle on this board
Tim Slaby and his 3 XJ buddies are a 'strong maybe' at this point...

That's 10 vehicles who will most likely attend this run - along with whoever else is interested, but has not stepped forward yet.

In December, only 6 vehicles attended, at it was a much more leisurely trail run than the 12 vehicles who attended in April '05. That felt more like a moving tent city with people popping out of their vehicles every :30 to use the potty or take pictures with each other.

If you've got the time, this is the trail...
Unread 02-08-2006, 12:09 PM   #9
yucatanstan
2000 XJ Cherokee 

hi! do you do this every year? my wife is from La Paz, BCS and my in laws still live there. we usually visit at least once a year around christmas or easter. now that we have a jeep we want to really enjoy baja to the fullest. of course that means a long *** drive from the yucatan, but im game! this easter week we're going to guatemala if i can get the kinks worked out. i'll start making plans for christmastime in baja though!

hope to meet all of you sometime!

yucatan stan
yucatanstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2006, 07:25 PM   #10
Ken Cooke
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yucatanstan
hi! do you do this every year? my wife is from La Paz, BCS and my in laws still live there. we usually visit at least once a year around christmas or easter. now that we have a jeep we want to really enjoy baja to the fullest. of course that means a long *** drive from the yucatan, but im game! this easter week we're going to guatemala if i can get the kinks worked out. i'll start making plans for christmastime in baja though!

hope to meet all of you sometime!

yucatan stan

Sorry for the thread hijack...

Around Christmas time, our plan is to run the Mission Impossible trail near Catavina, B.C. Norte. We will camp out there for 1 or 2 days. Then, we will go to another tough 4WD trail at Yubay near the turnoff to Bahia de Los Angeles. We will run that, and then, stay in Bahia de Los Angeles another 2-3 days. Our goal is to run every difficult trail that Baja has to offer!
Unread 02-09-2006, 07:28 PM   #11
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'd like to discuss these runs in more detail. I propose you start a new thread on this topic .
thejafe is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.