Move to South America???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Mexico/International > Move to South America????

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 10-03-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
DorkAlert

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Move to South America????

Looking for work in South America. My wife is really bugging me to move back to her home country (Argentina). Any advice would be appreciated.

I know there are some Chilenos frequenting this site...

Busco trabajo en Sudamerica. Mi esposa me está molestando a volver a su país. (Argentina). Cualquier consejo sería apreciado.

Ya se que hay Chilenos pasando por este foro.....

Unread 05-16-2011, 06:18 PM   #2
jfrabat
1994 YJ Wrangler 

What exactly do you want to know? In all honesty, Argentina is a fine place to live (well, Buenos Aires in any case; can't talk about other regions), with lots of social activities. Of course, this is assuming you dont mind having dinner at 10PM, which is the norm there (restaurants don't even open before 8PM!).
'94 YJ 2.5L with 4" RE lift, Adv. Ad. SYE, Woody Shaft, Superwinch EPi9.0, 62mm TB, FoMoCo e-Fan, SD30 and SD35 w/ARB-4.88, 165A alt., 4 KC aux lights, Aluminum Rad with BRX hoses, 33" BFG KM2 on 15" AR wheels, Sony sound system, Pavement Ends Hardtop, Bosch 19# Injector, Safari Snorkel, 95.5 Brakes
jfrabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2011, 10:44 PM   #3
DorkAlert

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I don't want to know anything. I lived in Buenos Aires for two years and I am married to an Argentine national. I want work in South America. Really any place that is closer to Buenos Aires than Salt Lake City. It costs us $6k every year to visit the in-laws. If I was working for a mining out fit in Santiago, let's say, I would be spending less than $700 in a semi-cama to go to Bs.As.
Unread 05-16-2011, 10:47 PM   #4
DorkAlert

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I guess I should be more specific when asking for ANY advice. I am looking for some networking for employment.

How's Costa Rica? Beautiful, I imagine.
Unread 05-17-2011, 08:52 AM   #5
jfrabat
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Costa Rica is very beutiful, but San José is not that beutiful... I guess I am more of a big city guy, and San José is not all that metropolitan to be honest (the tallest building here is something like 20 stories high or so). Here the city has a more small town feel to it (which is not all bad, as people tend to be more courtious), but it is not like the other places I have lived (which also include Panam City, Panama, Miami, Baltimore, Phili, etc.)
'94 YJ 2.5L with 4" RE lift, Adv. Ad. SYE, Woody Shaft, Superwinch EPi9.0, 62mm TB, FoMoCo e-Fan, SD30 and SD35 w/ARB-4.88, 165A alt., 4 KC aux lights, Aluminum Rad with BRX hoses, 33" BFG KM2 on 15" AR wheels, Sony sound system, Pavement Ends Hardtop, Bosch 19# Injector, Safari Snorkel, 95.5 Brakes
jfrabat is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.