Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Hawaii

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Meerkat 
#1 ·
any islanders out there ready for kaena?

#3 ·
scubaman said:
I don't live in Hawaii just yet but will be moving there in about a year or so and was wondering just what wheeln' was like over there.
to be totally honest this is my first off-road vehicle but so far i've found some pretty fun spots.

#5 ·
scubaman said:
I don't live in Hawaii just yet but will be moving there in about a year or so and was wondering just what wheeln' was like over there.
You are in for a real treat.
I am assuming you are going to Oahu.
Going by your nick, you have two things to do right away.
1. Join Sea Lancers. They are a scuba club located on Hickham Air Force Base. Among the benefits of membership is access to air to jam your tanks 24/7.
2. Join the Hawai'i Motorsports Association. Among other things, this will get you access to the Kahuku Mountains. This about 3,000 acres of undeveloped land used by the Army for training during the week and administered by the Hawai'i Motorsports Association whenever the Army isn't using it (weekend, holidays, etc). They are located on the North Shore, and you can find some spectacular views.

There is so much to do in Hawai'i. I lived there for 3 years and loved every minute of it. So naturally the military had to transfer me out. :brickwall

HTH :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.