Baja 1000 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Mexico/International > Baja 1000

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 06-26-2007, 05:49 AM   #1
commodog
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Baja 1000

Anyone ever road trip down to watch the Baja 1000 in November?

I'm kind of interesting in doing it and looking for advice, suggestions, etc..

commodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2007, 08:13 AM   #2
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Commo? Have you ever used that name anywhere else? Did you used to have a Ranger? Ever shoot a squirrel?

Sorry to threadjack. I haven't been to Baja, but I've been considering moving to Arizona, and if I do I'm definitely gonna make a trip down to Baja.

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2007, 09:35 AM   #3
commodog
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neZZr
Commo? Have you ever used that name anywhere else? Did you used to have a Ranger? Ever shoot a squirrel?

Sorry to threadjack. I haven't been to Baja, but I've been considering moving to Arizona, and if I do I'm definitely gonna make a trip down to Baja.

Nope, definately not me from the banshee group.........

whats up dude?
Unread 10-06-2007, 09:58 AM   #4
neZZr

2005 TJ Wrangler 

hehe... long time no type. Never thought I'd run into you here. Where are you working now that you're out?

It's not Baja... but my club is going to Tellico later this month. It's a haul from Oklahoma, but not as far as Baja. It'll be an 11½ hour drive for me. If you've got the time, you should come out and wheel with us.

I'll be Savvy someday!
Unread 10-07-2007, 08:15 AM   #5
neZZr

2005 TJ Wrangler 

BTW Ulmers says hey

I'll be Savvy someday!
Unread 10-09-2007, 05:35 AM   #6
commodog
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neZZr
hehe... long time no type. Never thought I'd run into you here. Where are you working now that you're out?

It's not Baja... but my club is going to Tellico later this month. It's a haul from Oklahoma, but not as far as Baja. It'll be an 11½ hour drive for me. If you've got the time, you should come out and wheel with us.
Got out of Army and work for Gov doing IT security. Applied my military time towards retirement so it worked out well.

I bought a house last month and family is coming to visit for christmas so trips are out for me this year, lots of updating to do on house so i can move out of the brady bunch color schemes.... Maybe next year though. A guy I work with went down to Baja last year and said you can do it for about 1000 for 2 weeks once you hit the border. He volunteered and was on a support crew for a buggy team, said it was a blast.

Tell Ulmers I said hey back
Unread 10-09-2007, 07:06 AM   #7
neZZr

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I knew it could be done cheap... probably even cheaper than that if you don't mind roughing it. I never thought of volunteering with a race team... that sounds like an awesome way to spend a few weeks south of the border!

You should stop back in sometime... it's pretty mellow now compared to the old days. I mostly just ignore the few people that annoy me.

I'll be Savvy someday!
Unread 10-24-2007, 09:06 AM   #8
z_gilligan
2010 JK Wrangler 

Probably going to BAJA 1000. Only about 3-4 hour drive from SW Arizona. Not too sure where I am going to set up and watch it... some where east of Ensenada though.
z_gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.