Any Jeepers living in Italy out there? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Mexico/International > Any Jeepers living in Italy out there?

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-09-2007, 04:28 PM   #1
jags0401

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Any Jeepers living in Italy out there?

I'm studying abroad in Rome til december. I've been missing my Jeeps and got to wondering if there are any Jeepers living in Italy out here. I see a lot of land rovers and zuks but very few Jeeps. Ciao!

John

jags0401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2008, 12:24 PM   #2
snakeeyes237
2010 JK Wrangler 

I'm down in Sicily. I'm sure there's a few in Naples. Pretty much any city with a military base will have Jeepers. Although there are a surprising amount of Italians with Jeeps. I bumped into one guy with a TJ running off of Propane
snakeeyes237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2008, 01:55 PM   #3
van1
2006 TJ Wrangler 

you have another one in IT
van1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2008, 07:26 PM   #4
jags0401

2005 LJ Wrangler 

There's a guy at my favorite bar in Rome, La Botticella, who has a propane driven TJ. He said the laws for lifted vehicles are insane over there.
jags0401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2008, 08:02 PM   #5
enatron
1999 TJ Wrangler 

im moving to naples in feb. bringing a brand spanking new JK Rubi Unlimited ... unless i cop out and just keep my TJ.

whats the deal with lifted jeeps in italy? im going to work with NATO and the liaison told me nothing of the sort. hope everything works out because i plan on driving my TJ to the dealership, then about an hour later driving out of it with my JK straight to Darren at orcsatx in san antonio so i can sexy it up a bit.
enatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2009, 04:46 AM   #6
Buford
1998 TJ Wrangler 

just don't go higher than 4.5 inches and 35's and you should be fine.
1998 Wrangler Sport - 3" Full traction lift w/ quick discos, 1" front spacers, 33" TSL, dynomax exhaust/K&N filter, KC longrange bumper/windshield lights, Hi-lift, BestTop Sunrider soft top, Kicker speakers front/back, AMSOIL oil in all drivetrain.
Buford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2009, 04:23 PM   #7
ToySldr
2009 JK Wrangler 

I'm going to be in Italy next month with my 09 Rubicon. Going to be stationed in Vicenza, I'm hoping to do some wheeling while I'm there!
ToySldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 06:21 AM   #8
likeaspyder
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I am station down in Sicily at Sigonella. My 98 Tj will be here by the end of the month. I cant wait to go off roading. There is a huge Jeep and offroading community here is Sicily. Not just on base, but out in town as well. There are quite a few Sicilian offroading websites here with boatloads of members. Practically every weekend all year round, I see mudded 4x4's returning from a fun weekend.

I can't wait.
likeaspyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2010, 12:36 PM   #9
Oasis
2009 JK Wrangler 

another one here, and I believe I've seen at least 6-7 other Jeeps on post too. I miss the Jeep wave though They look at me like I'm crazy, but I won't stop doing it, it's a tradition! And it sounds like I need to go down to Sicily, I don't know of any clubs up here.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2010, 03:46 PM   #10
likeaspyder
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Nice. Well that makes two of us now. Where are you located? I actually have been out twice now, once with one of the clubs here and once with some friends. There are a ton of Jeeps on base. I need to start our own club.
Unread 07-30-2010, 07:52 PM   #11
Oasis
2009 JK Wrangler 

I'm in northern Italy, you? And someone FINALLY waved at me! Never been happier to see 2 fingers LOL. Hope everyones having a great summer!
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 01:14 AM   #12
nellolo
2004 WJ 

hello all people, I'm in Sicily
nellolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2010, 12:05 AM   #13
likeaspyder
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellolo View Post
hello all people, I'm in Sicily
Ciao. I am also in Sicily. Are you Italian or American? I am signed up with the Ciclopi Club here in Aci San Antonio. I have been offroading a lot with a couple of other groups, mainly in Nebrodi. I live in Aci Reale and have a Jeep Wrangler.
Unread 10-11-2010, 12:54 AM   #14
nellolo
2004 WJ 

Hi Likeaspyder, I'm sicilian, I like to go offroad alone or with some friend, I don't like many people and so I'm not signed in any club I live in Ragusa and own a Grand Cherokee.
nellolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2010, 01:40 PM   #15
likeaspyder
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellolo View Post
Hi Likeaspyder, I'm sicilian, I like to go offroad alone or with some friend, I don't like many people and so I'm not signed in any club I live in Ragusa and own a Grand Cherokee.
Well, I am a very freindly guy and I think that you will like my freinds. We are very nice Americans. We have Jeep Wranglers and mostly go off roading up in Nebrodi and Etna. I have been on a lot of trips around the island. I will pm you my number so you can call me. We are looking to go this weekend 13 and 14 November. Hope that you can come. Thanks. Mike

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.