JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Mexico/International (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f39/)
-   -   Any Jeepers living in Italy out there? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f39/any-jeepers-living-italy-out-there-460323/)

jags0401 09-09-2007 05:28 PM

Any Jeepers living in Italy out there?

I'm studying abroad in Rome til december. I've been missing my Jeeps and got to wondering if there are any Jeepers living in Italy out here. I see a lot of land rovers and zuks but very few Jeeps. Ciao!

John

snakeeyes237 09-23-2008 01:24 PM

I'm down in Sicily. I'm sure there's a few in Naples. Pretty much any city with a military base will have Jeepers. Although there are a surprising amount of Italians with Jeeps. I bumped into one guy with a TJ running off of Propane

van1 11-15-2008 02:55 PM

you have another one in IT

jags0401 11-15-2008 08:26 PM

There's a guy at my favorite bar in Rome, La Botticella, who has a propane driven TJ. He said the laws for lifted vehicles are insane over there.

enatron 12-14-2008 09:02 PM

im moving to naples in feb. bringing a brand spanking new JK Rubi Unlimited ... unless i cop out and just keep my TJ.

whats the deal with lifted jeeps in italy? im going to work with NATO and the liaison told me nothing of the sort. hope everything works out because i plan on driving my TJ to the dealership, then about an hour later driving out of it with my JK straight to Darren at orcsatx in san antonio so i can sexy it up a bit.

Buford 02-26-2009 05:46 AM

just don't go higher than 4.5 inches and 35's and you should be fine.

ToySldr 05-21-2009 05:23 PM

I'm going to be in Italy next month with my 09 Rubicon. Going to be stationed in Vicenza, I'm hoping to do some wheeling while I'm there!

likeaspyder 04-14-2010 07:21 AM

I am station down in Sicily at Sigonella. My 98 Tj will be here by the end of the month. I cant wait to go off roading. There is a huge Jeep and offroading community here is Sicily. Not just on base, but out in town as well. There are quite a few Sicilian offroading websites here with boatloads of members. Practically every weekend all year round, I see mudded 4x4's returning from a fun weekend.

I can't wait.

Oasis 06-22-2010 01:36 PM

another one here, and I believe I've seen at least 6-7 other Jeeps on post too. I miss the Jeep wave though :( They look at me like I'm crazy, but I won't stop doing it, it's a tradition! And it sounds like I need to go down to Sicily, I don't know of any clubs up here.

likeaspyder 06-26-2010 04:46 PM

Nice. Well that makes two of us now. Where are you located? I actually have been out twice now, once with one of the clubs here and once with some friends. There are a ton of Jeeps on base. I need to start our own club.

Oasis 07-30-2010 08:52 PM

I'm in northern Italy, you? And someone FINALLY waved at me! Never been happier to see 2 fingers LOL. Hope everyones having a great summer!

nellolo 09-02-2010 02:14 AM

hello all people, I'm in Sicily :)

likeaspyder 10-11-2010 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nellolo (Post 10058237)
hello all people, I'm in Sicily :)

Ciao. I am also in Sicily. Are you Italian or American? I am signed up with the Ciclopi Club here in Aci San Antonio. I have been offroading a lot with a couple of other groups, mainly in Nebrodi. I live in Aci Reale and have a Jeep Wrangler.

nellolo 10-11-2010 01:54 AM

Hi Likeaspyder, I'm sicilian, I like to go offroad alone or with some friend, I don't like many people and so I'm not signed in any club :) I live in Ragusa and own a Grand Cherokee.

likeaspyder 11-07-2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nellolo (Post 10263135)
Hi Likeaspyder, I'm sicilian, I like to go offroad alone or with some friend, I don't like many people and so I'm not signed in any club :) I live in Ragusa and own a Grand Cherokee.

Well, I am a very freindly guy and I think that you will like my freinds. We are very nice Americans. We have Jeep Wranglers and mostly go off roading up in Nebrodi and Etna. I have been on a lot of trips around the island. I will pm you my number so you can call me. We are looking to go this weekend 13 and 14 November. Hope that you can come. Thanks. Mike

The time now is 07:53 PM.