Any Jeepers in Costa Rica or Panama? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Mexico/International > Any Jeepers in Costa Rica or Panama?

Introducing the CUPHOLSTER @ OCONEE OFF ROAD 706 534 9955Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comBlack Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHut

Unread 05-20-2010, 07:56 PM   #1
jfrabat
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Any Jeepers in Costa Rica or Panama?

I constantly drive the Jeep back and forth; I've already met some people (and joined a club in Costa Rica, where I now reside - 4X4 Extremo) but I am always looking for more wheeling buddies!

'94 YJ 2.5L with 4" RE lift, Adv. Ad. SYE, Woody Shaft, Superwinch EPi9.0, 62mm TB, FoMoCo e-Fan, SD30 and SD35 w/ARB-4.88, 165A alt., 4 KC aux lights, Aluminum Rad with BRX hoses, 33" BFG KM2 on 15" AR wheels, Sony sound system, Pavement Ends Hardtop, Bosch 19# Injector, Safari Snorkel, 95.5 Brakes
jfrabat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2010, 12:00 PM   #2
eacast
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Jeepers in Panama

Hi, my name is Eddie. I'm new into jeeps down here in Panama but you could meet most of the jeepers at their forum: 4x4 Panama - Donde Nace el Off Road en Panama. I just bought a built TJ a couple of weeks back from someone in Miami, Fl, and hope to soon start trailing around in Panama. People in the forum are really friendly and you could get info on the best trails down here. Have fun.
eacast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2010, 08:14 PM   #3
jfrabat
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacast View Post
Hi, my name is Eddie. I'm new into jeeps down here in Panama but you could meet most of the jeepers at their forum: 4x4 Panama - Donde Nace el Off Road en Panama. I just bought a built TJ a couple of weeks back from someone in Miami, Fl, and hope to soon start trailing around in Panama. People in the forum are really friendly and you could get info on the best trails down here. Have fun.
Ededie,

I know of them; I actually am part of 4X4Extremo in Costa Rica, and they do events together. Good to hear of other panamenians here on the forum (yo tambien soy de pura sepa!). I used to live in Doral, and there were some nicely built rigs there. Just check for rust, as most of the built ones were driven in the swamp they call mud there...
'94 YJ 2.5L with 4" RE lift, Adv. Ad. SYE, Woody Shaft, Superwinch EPi9.0, 62mm TB, FoMoCo e-Fan, SD30 and SD35 w/ARB-4.88, 165A alt., 4 KC aux lights, Aluminum Rad with BRX hoses, 33" BFG KM2 on 15" AR wheels, Sony sound system, Pavement Ends Hardtop, Bosch 19# Injector, Safari Snorkel, 95.5 Brakes
Unread 05-31-2010, 08:55 AM   #4
eacast
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The one i bought was mostly used for rock krawling in Georgia. The first owner bought it as a daily driver and then started building it after a couple of years. The car is in pristine condition everywhere. Since he built the car, it was towed to the trails, not much on road driving, eventhough it drives really good with 37" and without a front sway bar. I┤m planing on some mods to improve it a little more. regards.
eacast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2010, 10:13 PM   #5
jfrabat
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds like a good deal then... I used to drive an FJ40 with 36's Super Swampers, and it was really not that bad to drive on the road.
Unread 06-05-2010, 10:31 AM   #6
genebagley

bf goodrich in costa rica

I would like to buy a set of 235/85R/16 BFG KM2 for my Defender in Costa Rica. Can anyone suggest a good place to buy them?
genebagley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2010, 08:02 PM   #7
jfrabat
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry, I dont know... I bought my KM2's while I was still in the states...
Unread 08-24-2010, 10:35 AM   #8
Fernando
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I'm in Costa Rica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHammer
I don't mind writing for Fernando because he reads, and re-reads EVERY WORD!... Good to write for someone that actually READS the answer, and takes time to UNDERSTAND what comes back for an answer!
-------------------------------
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2010, 06:55 PM   #9
RiponredTJ
Happy Member No. 1

1998 TJ Wrangler 

My TJ dream drive....Montreal to Costa Rica...One Way
Unread 08-19-2012, 12:06 AM   #10
wjjeep3932
2001 WJ 

How do you like the move, aside form the wheeling. Me and my wife talk about it all the time but always hold back due to not knowing enough about it and thinking we do not have enough money. We are thinking more and more about just going for it though, but are still researching.
wjjeep3932 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.