4LO in Baja: April 1-3, '06 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Mexico/International > 4LO in Baja: April 1-3, '06

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 01-26-2006, 11:12 PM   #1
Ken Cooke
2003 TJ Wrangler 

4LO in Baja: April 1-3, '06

I'm leading a 4WD run in Baja along a 150 mi. trail that takes a solid 3 days to complete. Lockers front and rear are necessary to complete the trail, and a 31" tire is the absolute minimum diameter for this trail.

I've led Cj-7s, TJs, YJs, LJs, Ford Rangers, Toyota Tacos, Ford Explorers, and anything else you can think of down this inhospitable piece of trail. Everyone who completed the trail loved it! Everyone who didn't complete the trail also had a great time. Here are some pictures of the trail. If interested, please email me at:
ken@rubiconowners.com

I'd love to lead you and your rig down this unforgiving trail with the rest of us in early April!

Baja run site: http://www.thedesertoutlaw.20megsfree.com/photo6.html

Ken Cooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2006, 01:02 PM   #2
silvergreentj
2007 JK Wrangler 

her you go this is click free on the house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cooke
I'm leading a 4WD run in Baja along a 150 mi. trail that takes a solid 3 days to complete. Lockers front and rear are necessary to complete the trail, and a 31" tire is the absolute minimum diameter for this trail.

I've led Cj-7s, TJs, YJs, LJs, Ford Rangers, Toyota Tacos, Ford Explorers, and anything else you can think of down this inhospitable piece of trail. Everyone who completed the trail loved it! Everyone who didn't complete the trail also had a great time. Here are some pictures of the trail. If interested, please email me at:
ken@rubiconowners.com

I'd love to lead you and your rig down this unforgiving trail with the rest of us in early April!

Baja run site: http://www.thedesertoutlaw.20megsfree.com/photo6.html

Low Life-87 slammed e30
silvergreentj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2006, 04:07 PM   #3
RedRubiconLJ
Web Wheeler

2013 JK Wrangler 

What is required to get in and out of Baja without having issues with the local authorities?
What kind of mishaps did you have and were they fixed on the trail?
34" Toyo AT2's

Sold 2005 Red Rubi Unlimited
Jeep Pics

2004 TJ sold
1993 YJ sold
RedRubiconLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2006, 12:21 AM   #4
Ken Cooke
2003 TJ Wrangler 

What is required to get in and out of Baja without having issues with the local authorities?

To get in Baja? Nothing. Make sure your Gerry cans are empty, or you will be sent to the front of the return lane to the U.S.A. where you will have to give the gas away before you are allowed back to Mexico. They don't want people importing gasoline, junk computers, junk clothing, junk cars, etc. The Authorities are cracking down on this more and more, but enforcement is uneven...

To return to the U.S.A., you need a positive I.D. such as a Driver's License. On Jan. 1st, 2008, you will need a Passport.

If you plan on visiting the interior of either Baja Mexico Sur or Mainland Mexico, you will need a Tourist Visa and $28. I had to pay this fee when I went on my High School Senior trip to Mazatlan, Mexico. They stamped my passport as well. No big deal at all...

What kind of mishaps did you have and were they fixed on the trail?

Busted Oil Pan - repaired w/J.B. Weld & bar of soap.
Stuck in ditch - pulled out w/yank strap.
Stuck in canyon - pulled out w/winch.
Blown BFG AT/KO sidewall - changed tire on the trail.

I'm going back in April with the Mrs. - this will be our 5th Anniversary/'wheeling trip!

My wife and I are going down to Baja, Mexico tomorrow morning to buy some art at a gallery (owned by a Jeeper), and we'll play on the sand dunes when we get done. Should be a good use of spare time while out of the country...
Unread 02-06-2006, 06:21 PM   #5
Ken Cooke
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Just got back from Baja, and bought some killer art as well!

Here's a pic of my wife and the owner of the art gallery - who owns a built TJ!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.