Where to start?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > Where to start??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 06-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #1
gloksrule
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Where to start??

Hey all, I'm 44yrs old, 5'10,238lbs and it's time to change my lifestyle so I will make it to 50,lol
Any way, if I have an umbilical hernia, what are my options to getting more fit, mainly cardio or what?are supplements really worth it? I'm on BP meds also if that's a factor,,, thanks much

gloksrule is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #2
bikenut155

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloksrule
Hey all, I'm 44yrs old, 5'10,238lbs and it's time to change my lifestyle so I will make it to 50,lol
Any way, if I have an umbilical hernia, what are my options to getting more fit, mainly cardio or what?are supplements really worth it? I'm on BP meds also if that's a factor,,, thanks much
Biking will get you in very good shape, ck with your Dr. prior to starting any exercise.
bikenut155 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #3
gloksrule
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Doc said I'm good and called me a fat&$s, either road bike or mountain bike? Thanks for reply
Unread 06-25-2013, 06:27 AM   #4
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Start with a diet that you can stick to. That will let you drop some weight quickly and effortlessly, as well as address the most common cause of high blood pressure, which is poor diet.

After the weight loss from the diet begins to slow down, then add exercise.

Why not get the hernia fixed?

I went from consistent blood pressure of 170 / 93 to 125 / 78 in a matter of a few weeks just by getting on the slim fast 3 2 1 plan with no other changes.
Unread 06-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #5
blubaru2002
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Stop eating bread and other processed carbs. Eat unlimited amounts of meat, fruit, and vegetables. Join a gym. Lift weights and do cardio.

Voila! A healthier happier you. :-)
blubaru2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #6
RhinoChaser
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Give us a little more info.

What does your current diet consist of? How late do you eat before going to bed? What kind of work do you do, is it at all physical? Do you exercise at all? Do you consume a lot of sweets sodas or alcohol? Do you drink a lot of coffee? I'm a personal trainer and my wife's a nutritionist.
RhinoChaser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #7
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoChaser View Post

What does your current diet consist of? How late do you eat before going to bed? What kind of work do you do, is it at all physical? Do you exercise at all? Do you consume a lot of sweets sodas or alcohol? Do you drink a lot of coffee? I'm a personal trainer and my wife's a nutritionist.
this, and as long as your doctor cleared you just start! lol.

This man will have far more advice then I, I'm him in training! haha. But yes, cut out processed crap, cut back on soda, coffee, crap foods etc. Moderate exercise, even just walking and stretching daily to get into the habit then slowly expand if you dont do that already.
Unread 06-28-2013, 12:11 AM   #8
gloksrule
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoChaser

We eat out a lot , I luv to eat vegetables and just about anything else,,lol,, wife gets home late so I would say we eat dinner after 7 usually,I work in a pharmacy so not physical at all , hardly any sweets or soda, mainly beer,vodka, unsweet tea and water
I'm trying to work/exercise around the hernia until I can get it fixed which is planned for the end of 2013,,, thanks for advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.