weight gain - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > weight gain

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-08-2013, 11:00 PM   #1
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Never thought I would make a thread in here but I'm finally fed up with being skinny as **** haha. I have a stupid fast metabolism and can pretty much eat whatever I want and a lot of and not gain anything. I don't work out a lot but when I do its just in the form of pushups/sit-ups/mountain biking and roller hockey. Not really a gym guy but I need to force myself to go. Main issue with that is keeping motivated.

Right now I'm about 175-180 and 6'2". The most I weighed was when I was in basic and was 190. When I got home that all pretty much disappeared cause I didn't keep up with it. I'm mainly just looking for suggestions. What kinda shakes to knock out and whatnot. My diet is basically whatever I can find to eat. I guess I need to work out a set diet and stick to it haha.

Thanks

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #2
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

When I get home ill pm you some good stuff with a diet plan.
Unread 06-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #3
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj View Post
When I get home ill pm you some good stuff with a diet plan.
For sure man. Thanks a lot

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 06-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #4
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

First thing, start a workout log/thread on here. A few of us have it and motivate each other. Plus you can also keep track of progress.

Second, mountain biking and things of that nature aren't typically "muscle building" exercises. If you want size, you need to go to the gym.

Third, remember that muscle weighs more than fat. I've seen people that half *** go to the gym and get a double bacon cheeseburger on the way home. Then they brag about the weight they've gained. No, you're just getting fat...lol.

Forth, pick up a mass gainer. Some people will disagree with me on this, but they help. When I first started hitting the gym I was about 140lbs and almost 6'. After about 6 months and on the mass gainer I put on 10 pounds. Then I slacked off and lost it all, but that's not the point lol. If you haven't already, go to bodybuilding.com. Look around there at plans, the forum, and supplements. But go off what the consumers say about it, not the athletes that sponsor it.

Fifth, diet. You may think you're eating a lot, but you're not. And I don't even know what you're diet is like other than what you've said. Remember, to gain, calories in need to be more than calories out.

And finally, you gotta want it man. Picture what you want to look like, and go ****ing do it. You have the power and resources, so use them!

Hope this helped somewhat

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #5
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not looking for a ton of size. I just want to fill out and put on like 10-15 lbs or so. I'm aware mountain biking isn't really a muscle builder. Not why I do it. . With the way my build is, I figure I need to eat 6 times a day. If not that, then 3-4 times with protein heavy shakes in between. But then again, I'm new to this so this is just speculation.

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 06-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #6
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

You want a lot of protein regardless.

Unread 06-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #7
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
You want a lot of protein regardless.

Good advice on the above post. Hit the gym, cut back on a cardio and eat everything in sight that's not fatty as all h*ll
Unread 06-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #8
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj

Good advice on the above post. Hit the gym, cut back on a cardio and eat everything in sight that's not fatty as all h*ll
Yup. That's really all it is. Most people think it's a lot more complicated but it's not.
You gotta eat big to get big.

Unread 06-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #9
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post

Yup. That's really all it is. Most people think it's a lot more complicated but it's not.
You gotta eat big to get big.

Workout hard, smart, and eat like a mofo
Unread 06-14-2013, 06:05 AM   #10
gorlax

just eat chicken 24/7, eggs, and cottage cheese.
gorlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 08:55 AM   #11
EugeneTheTJ
YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS...

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Hey old buddy old pal

1) Eat...good food. NOT Mountain Dew and Cheetos. Lots of chicken, beef, eggs, potatoes, oats, etc.

2) Go to the gym. If you are having that hard of a time getting motivated then just wait until next month and come with me to my gym. You could honestly only come 3 days a week and I guarantee I'd put 15 pounds of muscle on you within 3 months.

3) Sleep. Your body needs rest to grow.

4) You do NOT need a gainer protein. I wish people would realize this. Its a gimmick.

5) Come to the gym with me...
EugeneTheTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #12
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ View Post
Hey old buddy old pal

1) Eat...good food. NOT Mountain Dew and Cheetos. Lots of chicken, beef, eggs, potatoes, oats, etc.

2) Go to the gym. If you are having that hard of a time getting motivated then just wait until next month and come with me to my gym. You could honestly only come 3 days a week and I guarantee I'd put 15 pounds of muscle on you within 3 months.

4) You do NOT need a gainer protein. I wish people would realize this. Its a gimmick.

important word there is need. It's helpful when used right with proper diet and exercise. I don't use a "gainer" but regular whey protein will help. Especially right before bedtime lol
Unread 06-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #13
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ View Post
Hey old buddy old pal

But it helps.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.