Vote for Best Protein on the Market, AKA Stack3d "Protein Wars". - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > Vote for Best Protein on the Market, AKA Stack3d "Protein Wars".

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Reply
Unread 01-03-2014, 11:29 AM   #1
breckboarder55
Web Wheeler
 
breckboarder55's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Houston/ College Station, TX
Posts: 1,069
Talking Vote for Best Protein on the Market, AKA Stack3d "Protein Wars".

Hey Guys,

I happen to work for a supplement company a few of you might be familiar with named Cellucor. We make products like C4, Super HD, and P6.

We are currently taking part of a poll for "Best Protein on the Market". Our Protein Core Whey has made it to the final round of the competition!

I'm not looking for any financial gain or sales, but just a few votes to help a fellow Jeeper out!

So if you guys have a minute please help us out and vote for Cellucor Core Whey, don't forget to share the poll on your facebook wall!

http://woobox.com/ajoc4a

__________________
To Veterans past and present, thank you for your service!
99 Jeep Wrangler-Just another TJ on 33"s
55 Dodge Royal Lancer- Resto Project
87 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II-Built.
87 Mazda RX-7 SE-Burn Victim
01 Honda S2000DD
breckboarder55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2014, 11:46 PM   #2
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss, Italy
Posts: 16,527
I'm a big fan of Iron Tek but I do use cellucor BCAA lime flavor. I like the beta alanine in it.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2014, 06:08 AM   #3
RMCIII
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Oregon, Il
Posts: 62
I have yet to find any protein powder that provides delivers like Beverly International. Each time something new would come out that was supposed to be the "best on the market" I would allow myself 30 day break from BI to ensure my system would not be "shocked" by the introduction of a new supplement/protein powder. Not 1 time have I found any protein powered that delivers like BI.
RMCIII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2014, 06:03 PM   #4
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: sussex, new jersey
Posts: 6,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMCIII View Post
I have yet to find any protein powder that provides delivers like Beverly International. Each time something new would come out that was supposed to be the "best on the market" I would allow myself 30 day break from BI to ensure my system would not be "shocked" by the introduction of a new supplement/protein powder. Not 1 time have I found any protein powered that delivers like BI.
which formula do you use? tks.
pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2014, 04:19 AM   #5
RMCIII
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Oregon, Il
Posts: 62
Ump
RMCIII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2014, 06:22 AM   #6
NH-JK
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 215
Muscle milk tastes good (chocolate)
NH-JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2014, 07:48 AM   #7
RMCIII
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Oregon, Il
Posts: 62
Tried MM just to try it. Leaves an after taste. Not sure of the "quality" protein it has.
RMCIII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 08:42 AM   #8
tyvanwie
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boone, North Carolina
Posts: 9,687
Not sure if they still do, but muscle milk used to contain mercury. I remember a few years ago a guy died from mercury poising that was linked back to MM.
__________________
[SIZE="4"][B][COLOR="Red"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/tys-tj-1475530/#post14926343"]MY BUILD THREAD[/URL][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="4"][B][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f374/tyvanwies-log-transformation-1489190/"]MY FITNESS LOG/TRANSFORMATION[/URL][/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="4"][B][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jk-tj-parts-1525039/"]JK AND TJ PARTS FOR SALE[/URL][/B][/SIZE]

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 12:39 PM   #9
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss, Italy
Posts: 16,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
Not sure if they still do, but muscle milk used to contain mercury. I remember a few years ago a guy died from mercury poising that was linked back to MM.
A whole lot of protein powders have metals and nasty byproducts in them that are toxic. The ones that fully disclose how its made and total ingredients are expensive.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 05:56 PM   #10
RMCIII
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Oregon, Il
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
A whole lot of protein powders have metals and nasty byproducts in them that are toxic. The ones that fully disclose how its made and total ingredients are expensive.

Reason I use BI.
RMCIII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 07:46 PM   #11
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss, Italy
Posts: 16,527
It's got artificial flavors in it as well. Doesn't state what ones. Also contains surcalose and a bunch of other stuff. I am trying to get away from the whey protein isolates because they are overly processed. It's more expensive but adjusting my diet to accommodate something Organic with undenatured whey is worth it for heath. There are no clean proteins in that price range. What really sucks is that you can't fine the good ones in bulk. They only come in the 1.5 oz. at most.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2014, 01:13 AM   #12
MrSundays
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 768
Gold Standard Whey every time. Ive tried bulking mixes but nothing works. The only things that works for cutting/bulking is the right diet....and Metallica just came on Pandora. Off to the gym I go!
__________________
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/syd-tj-slower-than-molasses-2368441/#post22540729"]Syd the Sloth Build[/URL]

[B]F-22 Specialist[/B]
MrSundays is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2014, 04:47 AM   #13
RMCIII
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Oregon, Il
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
It's got artificial flavors in it as well. Doesn't state what ones. Also contains surcalose and a bunch of other stuff. I am trying to get away from the whey protein isolates because they are overly processed. It's more expensive but adjusting my diet to accommodate something Organic with undenatured whey is worth it for heath. There are no clean proteins in that price range. What really sucks is that you can't fine the good ones in bulk. They only come in the 1.5 oz. at most.
Probably should just stick to growing your own food then! Realize anything you purchase today, including Organic grown, Stress Free, always has something in it that someone is trying to cut out! Grow it yourself, and then you can be sure.... But then again, here is the issue..... You don't know what was sprayed on the vegetable seeds to preserve them. You don't know what "organic" means of fertilization was used for the plants to start them... You don't know what type of grain was used to start the calves, chickens, pigs, ect before they were transferred to the Organic pasture or Stress free environment....I guess you got yourself a real issue... Maybe you should just stop eating that would seem to solve your concerns with all the "added" ingredients....

The more I think this through, you are probably right.... Probably should not go outside and play in the dirt... Better sell the Jeep cause you never know what was in the ground that you are mudding through. You just may be driving over some ground that sprayed anhydrous ammonia 50 years ago but the "fall out" factor is still there. Better stay away from the sun light and by all means, make sure to drill a well for you own water supply.....Yeah, little worked up on this whole thing.... I use to have a saying when I was looking to turn Pro. "Eat like a bird, you will be a bird"... You ever watched birds eat.... They are some of the most finicky eaters I have ever seen. Especially if you give them choices....But, take away their choices and they start to appreciate what is placed in front of them.... I can't recall all the times I would be asked what I eat....My response, anything I can get my hands on and down my throat as long as it does not contain gobs of "fat".....Did you know that if you eat the right amount of protein, carbs and getting enough vitamins, your body will do the rest. Meaning it will filter out the impurities you are trying to cut out yourself...I'm rambling, you will figure it. If not, just remember "Keep eating like a bird"
RMCIII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2014, 07:34 AM   #14
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss, Italy
Posts: 16,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMCIII View Post

Probably should just stick to growing your own food then! Realize anything you purchase today, including Organic grown, Stress Free, always has something in it that someone is trying to cut out! Grow it yourself, and then you can be sure.... But then again, here is the issue..... You don't know what was sprayed on the vegetable seeds to preserve them. You don't know what "organic" means of fertilization was used for the plants to start them... You don't know what type of grain was used to start the calves, chickens, pigs, ect before they were transferred to the Organic pasture or Stress free environment....I guess you got yourself a real issue... Maybe you should just stop eating that would seem to solve your concerns with all the "added" ingredients....

The more I think this through, you are probably right.... Probably should not go outside and play in the dirt... Better sell the Jeep cause you never know what was in the ground that you are mudding through. You just may be driving over some ground that sprayed anhydrous ammonia 50 years ago but the "fall out" factor is still there. Better stay away from the sun light and by all means, make sure to drill a well for you own water supply.....Yeah, little worked up on this whole thing.... I use to have a saying when I was looking to turn Pro. "Eat like a bird, you will be a bird"... You ever watched birds eat.... They are some of the most finicky eaters I have ever seen. Especially if you give them choices....But, take away their choices and they start to appreciate what is placed in front of them.... I can't recall all the times I would be asked what I eat....My response, anything I can get my hands on and down my throat as long as it does not contain gobs of "fat".....Did you know that if you eat the right amount of protein, carbs and getting enough vitamins, your body will do the rest. Meaning it will filter out the impurities you are trying to cut out yourself...I'm rambling, you will figure it. If not, just remember "Keep eating like a bird"
Eating clean isn't easy or cheap. If you can't afford it, maybe you should get a second paper route.
Sounds like you don't know your *** from your elbow. Keep spouting the pseudo science. If you knew anything at all you would know that not all fat is bad. In fact, saturated fat is good for you. Maybe if you leaned a thing or two you could get to 240lbs with under 12% body fat but I doubt you have the determination since you don't bother to learn anything and seem comfortable enough making up you own facts. The model you base your logic off of is outdated. It is very important to watch what you put into your body. If you don't, it will catch up to you one day.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2014, 05:21 AM   #15
RMCIII
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Oregon, Il
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Eating clean isn't easy or cheap. If you can't afford it, maybe you should get a second paper route.
Sounds like you don't know your *** from your elbow. Keep spouting the pseudo science. If you knew anything at all you would know that not all fat is bad. In fact, saturated fat is good for you. Maybe if you leaned a thing or two you could get to 240lbs with under 12% body fat but I doubt you have the determination since you don't bother to learn anything and seem comfortable enough making up you own facts. The model you base your logic off of is outdated. It is very important to watch what you put into your body. If you don't, it will catch up to you one day.
YEAH THAT TOO! I can definitely tell you are a very experienced lifter/ bodybuilder... THAT WOULD BE A BIG NOT! If you had any sense you would have realized my comment of "GOBS OF FAT" were in the comments.... Oh and if I was only 240 and 12% BF I definitely would not be bragging about that... Seems like you are kind of FAT there dude.... Try leaning out a bit try 255 and 4.5% BF If you think you can achieve that level of BF... BTW, don't spout out to someone you have no knowledge of where they have been and the roads they have trudged... If you knew anything about lifting, and knowledge or experience, you would recognize a seasoned vet. by understanding what is being said in the responses... You my friend, have a LOOOOOOOONG way to go before you could even begin to have the knowledge or experience I have.... But then again you are young and you will grow, if you stop eating "LIKE A BIRD" .....I bet you are the type of lifter that works his upper body harder than the lower body! Love to hear your response on this one!!! I know it is going to be hilarious! Think about your response before responding... If you respond right, I may share some knowledge/experience with you that would help you... Otherwise, FIRE AT WILL!
RMCIII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Tags
bodybuilding , cellucor , protein , workout

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.