So figured I should start one of these up now that I'm finally back to working out on a regular basis.
I'm in the process now of gaining weight then will be cutting again. I'm tall and skinny so gaining weight is a pain for my particular body type and metabolism.
Currently studying for my CPT, then will be getting my Tactical training cert, performance enhancement specialist and USA weight lifting.
Stats as of 6/14
BF %: 8-9
Current workout is a 4 day split with 5th day being cardio and 2 days of rest.
Tuesday: Chest/Tri's & Core
- Incline Press 4x12,10,8,6
- Single Arm Bench Press (either machine or DB) 3x8
- Chest Flys with 4 count at bottom 5x5
- Random exercise currently Med ball "spider man" pushups or bosu ball pushups 3xfail
- Skull Crushers 3x8-10
- Close grip bench or triceps extension w/rope 3x10-12
- triceps press down SS with palms down/palms up 3x10
- Core circuit
- Pull Ups warm up 4xfail w/grip rotation
- deadlift 3x10,8,6 (depending on when my hand gets better)
- t-bar row 3x8
- low row 4x10
- pull downs (rotate grips every few weeks) 3x10-12
- reverse flys 5x12
- ez-bar curl close grip 2x8
- ez-bar curl wide grip 2x8
- random bicep workout
Thursday: Legs & Core
- front squat 3x10,8,6 (I do squats barefoot)
- RDL's 3x8
- single leg leg press 3x8 SS set to 1 or 2 sets of what's below
- split squat or deep leg press (feet up high on the pad to isolate hams)
- Prone Hamstring curls, single leg (standing is better but don't have that machine at this gym) 3x10
- Heavy core work
Friday: Shoulders/makeup day
- Shoulder Press 3x8
- Side Lat Raise 3x10-12
- Delt Raise 4x8-10
- Shrugs 3x10
- If I missed a day or felt like I didn't get a good workout I'll add it in depending on what it is
Saturday: Cardio & abs
I modified a different set of workouts to fit my needs and preferences. Bad knee, bad shoulder. When I have a gym that has olympic platforms, work-out changes quite a bit, sometimes I even drop to 3 days a week doing nothing but olympic lifts and supplemental stuff.
- 2-3 eggs, 1/4 cup of carbs (oatmeal, whatever carbs are carbs as long as you stay healthy with it) and a piece of fruit(i'm awful with doing this one, I like to sleep and tends to make me be lazy and not get up in time to do this. So feel free to harp on me about it haha. Usually I just have a healthy cereal and fruit in the morning)
- 3-4 Hours later: protein shake or bar
- Lunch:Usually a sandwich (attempting to get close to several ounces of meat) and worth 1/2 cup of carbs
- 3-4 Hours later: protein shake or bar
- Dinner: 8-10 ounces of meat (chicken, steak, pork whatever I can find), 2 cups worth of carbs and veggies
- Bedtime (30 minutes or so before): Protein shake (this is important for those of you trying to gain weight like me
diet is the hardest thing IMO and it's where I slack the most. My discipline area. It's not that I eat bad, I just don't eat enough.
Water intake: I have a 24oz bottle that goes pretty much everywhere with me. I attempt to drink 2 before I hit the gym (more if I'm not going til later in the day) I'll drink at least 2 during my workout, then 2 or so more after I get home for the night. I aim for 6-8 a day to stay hydrated
Supplements: Ok i'm not the biggest fan of supplements but they do help and sometimes it's easier to get some carbs in that way then eating a meal or snack.
- MusclePharm Combat Powder
- MP Creatine
- MP Assualt (pre-workout) or C4 Pre-workout (used only on days I feel really tired)
- MP Ammino (does help with the soreness the next couple days, taken right after workout with my creatine)
Yes I pretty much say in with Musclepharm, I don't work nor am sponsored by them (I wish!). But they make good products and put a lot of research and testing before they release their stuff. Plus it doesn't taste like a** which is nice.
Things I don't touch
- energy drinks
- fast food (I will have chipotle on occasion as it's not "terrible" if you pick and choose carefully)
- Junk food (will cheat occasionally but try to avoid most of it, I allow 1 cheat twice a week, because I'm human and I like cookies )
Today was a leg day, felt really good going into my workout and killed it (had an overnight shift Tuesday so it messed with my week).