Tought mudder less than two months away - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > Tought mudder less than two months away

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 08-14-2013, 10:55 PM   #1
Ibanez0154

Tought mudder less than two months away

Well as the totals says I'm just under two months from doing my first tough mudder. I haven't been consistently working in almost a year now.. Poor cardio at this point now. For any fellow members that have done this or similar events, is this a near impossible feat ( mind you I'm within my body weight for height/ size ratio) Or
Is this do able?

Ibanez0154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

its doable...a group of my friends is doing the one in California soon. I know people who have done them before, it's going to be hard. Get your butt running
Unread 08-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #3
hustler905
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Run as much as you can (~3x a week, at least 5km per)
Bike a bunch to get your endurance up (At least one ride a week as long as you can handle)
Take something like bouldering up to get some core strength (It's fun too)
Don't hurt yourself overtraining (This is the hardest point)

In the fairness of disclosure those are unqualified and unprofessional opinions, but a buddy of mine had a baby before doing a Tough Mudder, fell off his routine, and we trained together prior to the event. He did great.
hustler905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler905 View Post
Run as much as you can (~3x a week, at least 5km per)listen to the advice in number 3
Bike a bunch to get your endurance up (At least one ride a week as long as you can handle)
Take something like bouldering up to get some core strength (It's fun too)
Don't hurt yourself overtraining (This is the hardest point)

In the fairness of disclosure those are unqualified and unprofessional opinions, but a buddy of mine had a baby before doing a Tough Mudder, fell off his routine, and we trained together prior to the event. He did great.
without knowing the current level of fitness, i wouldn't recommend any running distance at all. Over training is far easier to and will set you back. Push yourself, don't over train and kill yourself.
Unread 11-23-2013, 07:11 PM   #5
JacoToTheB
1997 ZJ 

I did tough mudder last year and it was a blast. There are enough obstacles that you can recover from the runs while waiting to go though. You'll never have to run more than 2 miles at once. I trained by doing 7 miles twice a week but then was in the hospital for a week right before and lost all muscle. Still completed it though.

Take care of your joints during it. You'll have to jump for different heights and that jolt followed by immediately running can do a number on your knees.

Wear shoes your feet won't slip out of when you're pulling your feet out of a foot of mud!

Don't be too proud to let someone help you. It's all about teamwork! Lend a hand when you can an let others do the same for you.

Above average strength isn't really necessary. If you can go across monkey bars and pull your own weight over a wall then you're golden.

Prepare yourself for jumping into that ice. It's going to be the most cold you've ever been in your life haha. The electric shock kind of sucks too. Just feels like getting punched in the face though.

Anyways, good luck! I'm down to answer any questions you have about it
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/my-jeep-build-infamous-f150-coils-1767489/
JacoToTheB is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.