Test Boosters- Experience - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > Test Boosters- Experience

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 07-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Test Boosters- Experience

Ask 30 people what is the best legal test booster and you will get 30 different answers, all claiming their experience was the best. Even with that being the case, I thought I would post up some successes I have had and thought others could share too. For search purposes, try to keep the supps to TEST booster success and failures.

My body measurements were around 6'1", 183lbs, and 8% body fat. Body fat is an estimate based on my physique compared to when I was measured at 5% and when I was measured at 10%.

Last year, I tried my first test booster:

Round 1:
I took it for one month (30 days) and I felt like an animal on this stuff. I had every positive and negative side effect that some thing with true anabolics would do. Muscle mass went up, fat trimmed down, strength and sex drive sky rocketed. Best $45 I have spent on supplements. My whole muscle structure changed for the better.

Round 2:
7 months later I tried Test Charge again. This time I was going to take two bottles in a row (60 days). I started around 185lbs and 8% body fat. Total opposite reaction this time around. I did not gain very much muscle, did not lose much fat (I'm already pretty slim, so any change in % is obvious). No real strength gains, no real mental changes. Waste of $90 in my opinion, so I am done with Test Charge.

About 6 months later I decide to try another test booster. This time around I tried 2 bottles (60 days) of:

Wow! This stuff is amazing and I would gladly be their salesman! Again, I started around 185lbs. The first 3 weeks or so I felt nothing, then in the 4th week I had the urge to start stacking on more plates.....on EVERY lift. Over the next 3 weeks I set new personal records on curls, triceps, bench, incline bench, dips, pull ups, squat, leg press, and military press. Not just small increases, but 5 to 10% increases, that's nearly unheard of! I'm a huge fan, my weight peaked at 189lbs and that is only because I eat around 2000 calories a day. If I actually fed my body, I bet I would have hit 195lbs to 200lbs. Again, Nolvadren XT was AMAZING.

After 60 days on, it is suggested to take 4 weeks off. As of last week, I was 6 weeks off and wanted to try some more, but since my gym was out, I decided to try something else.... just for the sake of reporting on it. Meanwhile, my weight has floated back down to 184lbs due to no supps and a bad 2 week long sinus infection.

So this time around, at 184lbs, I am trying:

This will be hard to give a totally fair judgment because I lost my workout partner and I'm battling this sinus infection. But I'm 2 days in, so I'll update the thread in a few weeks with some results. Then on to the next brand .

Anyone else care to share some TEST Boosters that have or have not worked?

REDLYNER is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #2
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Sweet. I've always wanted to try them but I feel as if test boosters have a negative rep. At 18 I have all the testosterone I can get but I feel as if I'm on a platue and could use some help. Do you think I could get any benefits from a test booster? If anything I just want to try it.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 06:17 AM   #3
EugeneTheTJ
YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS...

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
Sweet. I've always wanted to try them but I feel as if test boosters have a negative rep. At 18 I have all the testosterone I can get but I feel as if I'm on a platue and could use some help. Do you think I could get any benefits from a test booster? If anything I just want to try it.
No, you will not unless you have a test deficiency which only your doctor will be able to tell you accurately.

Jay, at my age I haven't needed any test boosters. However, I know some folks closer to your age that have had success with a stack of Pink Magic (USPLabs) or Hexaghen (MuscleMeds) AND Erase Pro (PES). Whatever booster you care to try I'd recommend stacking it with Erase Pro for its anti-estrogenic attributes.
EugeneTheTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 04:00 PM   #4
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

ok, so just the learning trainer in progress to be here, why are you on t-boosters to start with? Gaining muscle mass is a slow process when it's done with lean muscle (i.e. densest muscle). What was your diet like pre- using test boosters? What's it like while your on it?

Don't get me wrong, if you want to use them, go for it it's your body. But this stuff has a reputation for a reason, it can mess with your system. Just be careful. I'm finally at stage where i'm gaining weight, i'm using supplements in conjunction with my diet and exercise routine (see my workout thread for my supplement list/diet if your curious). But since I've started studying for my CPT i've changed my training and diet to match better, now understanding how more of it works and what stages uses and does what in both physical activity, diet and chemical release. I am 100% on board with EugeneTheTJ in taking something like Erase pro for anti-estrogenic reasons.

Either way, sparked my interest so keep us updated. One thing to consider, maybe invest in a hand held electronic body fat/bmi calculator. Will give some hard data on where you are and where you end up to really see the idea. Just because you feel/look more cut, doesn't always relate to bodyfat drop (in a significant way) because as you add muscle it pushes up against the skin more and can feel like a bigger difference then there is (Obviously as you cut fat you see more muscle, but physics doesn't lie, dropping fat while gaining weight in large amounts doesn't happen very well, that's why there's bulking and cutting phases). So that's why I say get a electric or clamp style bf% so we can see data.

Good luck!
Unread 07-16-2013, 07:26 PM   #5
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj View Post

With all due respect, my experience as a fitness instructor, a body builder in training, a lifter with personal trainers, someone who has paid for personal training, and my experiences training with pro body builders....... Well, lets just say I would strongly disagree with you guys "opinions". You guys have stated your opinion in a way that reads as fact, I would just warn other readers to do their own research.

Also, those body fat readers are as accurate as a tarot card reader. In the same day I had a 10 point caliper test reading of 8% and an electric tester come back at 31%.

I'm not intending to argue, but it would def be a good conversation to have between sets.

Anyway....... I'll report back on this new stuff as I get deeper into it.
Unread 07-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #6
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

no disrespect taken. We're all adults and have different opinions. I have not done any significant research into test boosters. Very little at all as a matter. So just throwing my 2 cents in and learning as well. As for the testers, lot of things that can throw off the electric ones, no denying that. But when properly calibrated and the person has correctly prepared, it has the same error range as the caliper. What little expereince I have came from working under the head of the campus recreation department who was the former head trainer for the university of oregon football team and then i worked for him at the University of Arizona. So make no mistake, he knows more then most pro body builders.

I was not intending to state things as facts, in fact as I read my own post seems most of it says, get some hard data and bring it back to us. We want to see! Not trying to seem as if I'm calling you out, I am a sponge for data and would like to follow what happens. And sorry, but yes it's a fact that you can not put on significant portions of muscle while cutting large amounts of fat at the same time. Not saying they do go together sometimes, but I dont see people putting on 25lbs of muscle while cutting 15lbs of fat without going in stages. If someone has proof they did that at the same time, without changing diet and workout to be in different stages, I'd be shocked to say the least.

edit: as i'm saying not able to do at the same time I want to be clear on my position. When you have a bf% at 30+% (men for example) and you start working out, yes you're going to lose large amounts of fat and start gaining muscle, of course. And as the percent gets closer to athletic range, it gets exponentially harder to lose a %. Now at that time, you didn't put on a large amount of muscle mass (speaking in terms of bulk muscle like body building attempt). You did put on muscle mass, mostly lean muscle. There's nothing surprising about that. So my point is you don't see guys at 10% eating enough calories and protein to be adding bulk muscle while cutting to 6% b/f at the same time. If you know of otherwise, please post proof, because I want to see their workout and diet plan, and proof that it didn't stay for 2 weeks and then all went back to fat.
Unread 07-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #7
EugeneTheTJ
YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS...

2003 TJ Wrangler 

What opinion? I just suggested a few products.
Unread 07-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #8
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

My post reads stronger than its intentions. I think all points could be discussed, but I get soap boxy when I see them given as absolutes instead of suggestions.
Unread 07-17-2013, 05:16 AM   #9
EugeneTheTJ
YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS...

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Its alright. I think you misinterpreted my post...the first part about boosters not being effective was meant for Bamajeepman. At his age they simply won't do anything unless he has a true test deficiency.

The second part was just suggestions for you based on what I used to hear from customers as well as from some very knowledgable people (pro bodybuilders, friends working in the industry (usplabs, cellucor, bpi, scivation), etc)
Unread 07-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #10
TheBlueKJ
2003 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ View Post
No, you will not unless you have a test deficiency which only your doctor will be able to tell you accurately.

Jay, at my age I haven't needed any test boosters. However, I know some folks closer to your age that have had success with a stack of Pink Magic (USPLabs) or Hexaghen (MuscleMeds) AND Erase Pro (PES). Whatever booster you care to try I'd recommend stacking it with Erase Pro for its anti-estrogenic attributes.
I'm 18 and I tried Pink Magic for a week, not long enough to see any real results but time enough to feel the side effects. It made me unnecessarily angry and aggressive most of the time which turned me off of it. I have tried AHD with it's solidifier counterpart which worked fairly well. It didn't make me angry and aggressive either which was a bonus for me. I have still seen more gains off of these test boosters then I've had on them but then again I'm training much harder and eating much better
Unread 07-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #11
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

It seems to me that the biggest difference between these products and their effectiveness between age ranges are that your not comparing apples to apples.

There are test "boosters" designed for older guys for vitality, energy, and libido health . These are not going to give much benefit for the younger crowd due to their already max "natural" test levels. These help utilize free testosterone and increase lutienizing hormone which signals your bodies test production in your testes for those declining gents out there. They're usually tribulus or d-aspartic acid based.

Products like superdrol, nolvadren, and pink magic are considered pro hormones which are basically different over the counter methylated steroids. These are for the powerlifting and bodybuilding crowd looking for the maximum muscle and strength gains. These do not increase your own test production, but are putting extra into your body. These products MUST be taken with an anti-aromatase/anti estrogen product and liver detox as a post cycle therapy.

My .02 anyway. I have a pretty good background in the study and sales of sports nutrition and supplementation

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #12
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Now that you put it that way, is there anything designed for younger guys?

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 04:07 PM   #13
EugeneTheTJ
YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS...

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Protein. Willpower.
Unread 07-25-2013, 04:35 PM   #14
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ
Protein. Willpower.
X2. Try to do roughly 20g protein/ 20g carb between meals as snacks and 40g protein with some carbs after your workout. Carbs are not the enemy.

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 06:45 AM   #15
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I was in our new GNC the other day and they had P6 T-booster on the shelf for 150 bucks a can, which contained 180 capsules or a 45 day supply......ouch. I don't know how people even afford all this stuff. I have a feeling you could easily buy a car for what some guys spend on their supplements.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.