skinny kids - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > skinny kids

Rugged Ridge 07-14 JK Sherpa Roof Rack available @ Oconee Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-Road

Unread 07-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #16
RhinoChaser
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Alot of people like to ingest Casein before they go to bed to keep the body from entering a Catabolic state, to keep the body metabolizing thoroughly the night. A cup of cottage cheese is a great source of casein. Personally I would still eat it at least an hour before sleeping. Again, your body is going to be trying to digest while it sleeps. Experiment with it and see how rested you feel, how much you wake during the night and how much you remember dreaming. Deeper sleep means more dreaming.

RhinoChaser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #17
Itstime
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoChaser View Post
Alot of people like to ingest Casein before they go to bed to keep the body from entering a Catabolic state, to keep the body metabolizing thoroughly the night. A cup of cottage cheese is a great source of casein. Personally I would still eat it at least an hour before sleeping. Again, your body is going to be trying to digest while it sleeps. Experiment with it and see how rested you feel, how much you wake during the night and how much you remember dreaming. Deeper sleep means more dreaming.
Thanks lately with work I feel as if my sleep has gotten more rich. I recall my dreams a lot more. You seam like you know your stuff can I ask what supplements you use? I my self like ON
Itstime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #18
RhinoChaser
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itstime

Thanks lately with work I feel as if my sleep has gotten more rich. I recall my dreams a lot more. You seam like you know your stuff can I ask what supplements you use? I my self like ON
I'm not to big on using supplements. I use muscle milk protein shakes, UDOs omega 3-6-9, and Green Max powder for my veggies
Unread 07-04-2013, 08:36 PM   #19
Itstime
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Muscle milk is so high in metals I heard thats horrible for you
Unread 07-05-2013, 07:16 AM   #20
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Don't forget dreams are affected by your food too. Not to mention if you remember dreaming is about when you woke up, not the amount of restfulness of your sleep.
Unread 07-05-2013, 07:20 AM   #21
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj
this is from my workout thread. Now mind you I don't always stick exactly to this workout. I will substitute different things here or there, add a lift at the end because I'm not worn down yet etc. But also diet is extremely important and my diet plan is in this too. I weighed myself this morning (empty stomach and dehydrated and empty bladder lol) and I'm up to 167. I still allow for a pound variance in my weight because of other factors like hydration, poop etc so I'm taking going from 164 to 167 as more likely gain of 1.5-2 lbs.
workout thread
Why do you stay away from coffee? Coffee is calorie and fat free and the caffeine promotes blood flow and increases metabolism.
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2013, 07:22 AM   #22
RhinoChaser
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itstime
Muscle milk is so high in metals I heard thats horrible for you
I haven't read that about muscle milk but I will look into that.
Unread 07-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #23
Itstime
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj View Post
Don't forget dreams are affected by your food too. Not to mention if you remember dreaming is about when you woke up, not the amount of restfulness of your sleep.
I was going to take it and I looked into it and on the information I found another one.
Unread 07-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #24
RhinoChaser
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie

Why do you stay away from coffee? Coffee is calorie and fat free and the caffeine promotes blood flow and increases metabolism.
I personally don't drink much coffee because it causes you to retain a lot of water instead of pushing it through your system. If your striving for a chiseled midsection, coffee can work against you.
Unread 07-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #25
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoChaser

I personally don't drink much coffee because it causes you to retain a lot of water instead of pushing it through your system. If your striving for a chiseled midsection, coffee can work against you.
Coffee is actually a diuretic because your body can't store caffeine so it is quickly removed from the body by urine or defecation, so this info is false.
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2013, 02:42 PM   #26
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Coffee is empty calories into your system. Not to mention dehydration and helps encourage caffeine dependency. Once I'm rehydrated from the night I have just as much energy as coffee, without the negative effective. So cost vs benefit. Really, for me there is no benefit for coffee.
Unread 07-05-2013, 09:34 PM   #27
Itstime
2002 TJ Wrangler 

All I use is ON 100% whey. Fish Oil a multivitamin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.