Originally Posted by REDLYNER
I'm pretty strict with my rest time:
- 2 minutes between bench press sets
- 2 minutes between squat sets
- 2 minutes between leg press sets
- 1 minute between everything other muscle group sets(back, bi's, tri's, military, non bench chest, non squat/leg press legs)
- 1 minute rest between station changes.
When maxing out, I'll rest at least 5 minutes between sets/lifts.
how many reps are you doing on each. If under 13 but above 5 your rest periods are too high for hypertrophy. 60-90seconds max
If your in the 6 to 12 rep range increase your rest time between stations to 2-3 min
You're perfect on the max days rest time, should be between 3-5 minutes depending on your personal abilities.
All the fun things I've learned between the 3 gyms, 1 athletic training facility i've worked at and currently becoming a CPT, Tactical specific trainer and Performance Enhancement Specialist. Love this stuff.