Recovery - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > Recovery

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #1
Black Hills TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Recovery

I skimmed through some of the other threads mentioning supplements, but I guess I didn't quite find what I'm looking for.

As far as recovery goes, what are you guys taking? I'd assume a lot of people take some sort of high protein(100% whey?) to rebuild/add muscle. Anything specific? Also, do any of your recovery supplements help keep you moving? Some days after a good workout I leave the gym and just want to go to sleep which is no bueno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSuck
damnit i wish i could get bigger quicker
Check out www.blackhillsjeeps.com!
Black Hills TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #2
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I used to take GNC Amplified Glutamine Microfusion pills and I was hardly ever sore the next day. That being said, I just get over the soreness now.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 08:55 PM   #3
88hatchy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Eat a lean, high protein diet. Green veggies (spinach, brocoli, etc.) help with recovery. Don't drink alcohol. Getting plenty of sleep a having enough time to recover is important, too.
88hatchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 06:53 AM   #4
EugeneTheTJ
YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS...

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Not taking all of these right now but here are the top recovery items:

Whey Protein
BCAAs
Glutamine
Advil
Sleep
EugeneTheTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 09:40 AM   #5
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88hatchy
Eat a lean, high protein diet. Green veggies (spinach, brocoli, etc.) help with recovery. Don't drink alcohol. Getting plenty of sleep a having enough time to recover is important, too.
This is my routine. Except nothing feels better after a workout than a frost mug o' beer.

I'm not sold on the supplement deal as it seems unsustainable in the long run. I'll probably get flamed but just my $.02.

I try to eat plenty of meats and veggies at every meal and I don't usually feel like I'm lacking. It is immediately obvious when I've eaten poorly as my energy is gassed out pretty quick.

Sent from my TJ
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #6
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

This isn't flame, but the reason why I take supplements is because I can't get everything in my diet. Or afford to at least.

Unread 05-08-2013, 12:40 PM   #7
Black Hills TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
This isn't flame, but the reason why I take supplements is because I can't get everything in my diet. Or afford to at least.

Kind of how I feel right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSuck
damnit i wish i could get bigger quicker
Check out www.blackhillsjeeps.com!
Black Hills TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #8
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie

I guess it really depends on what the goal is too. IIRC, you're trying to pick up weight/size whereas I'm simply trying to maintain if not lose a little so a good diet is really all I need. I naturally bulk up to a size I'm happy with.

Sent from my TJ
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #9
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0IIIIIII0

I guess it really depends on what the goal is too. IIRC, you're trying to pick up weight/size whereas I'm simply trying to maintain if not lose a little so a good diet is really all I need. I naturally bulk up to a size I'm happy with.

Sent from my TJ
Exactly. I was give my reasoning if it helped anyone. We're all different.

Unread 05-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #10
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hills TJ

Kind of how I feel right now.
I used to drink a protein shake immediately after a workout, I still do sometimes, but now I just consume a post workout meal mostly chicken and rice.
Unread 05-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #11
PowderPusher
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i have been a huge fan of herbalife for a long time. back in feb i started working out again after a long time of not because i snowboard and hike so much that i didnt really needs to workout much.

i broke my collarbone the end of feb and only after one month of using herbalife protie supplements and their rebuild protien in particular, i was able to start lifting again. since then i work out only twice a week, and have gone down 3% body fat from 11% and have put on 10lbs of muscle. i do 3 shakes a day along with meals as much as i can to put on weight. and after every workout/hike/run/work(when its labor intesive) i do a rebuild shake. 24gm of protien.
PowderPusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #12
NYGLT56
Your Local Body Builder
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ
Not taking all of these right now but here are the top recovery items:

Whey Protein
BCAAs
Glutamine
Advil
Sleep
Advil. Hahaha
Unread 05-23-2013, 10:45 AM   #13
NYGLT56
Your Local Body Builder
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepyj13

I used to drink a protein shake immediately after a workout, I still do sometimes, but now I just consume a post workout meal mostly chicken and rice.
It works both ways. So long as your muscles get nutrition after being worked to prevent catabolism (muscle break down) Shakes are just a faster way of delivery immediately after workout.

As for recovery glutamine is one of the best ways.
Drink a lot of water and stretch.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.