Prot loses weight or dies trying - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > Prot loses weight or dies trying

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 08-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #46
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Was supposed to get the staples out yesterday but my appointment got rescheduled to Monday. It still hurts but different now. Another thing is the whole right side of my belly burns like fire. I know this surgery was necessary and life threatening but I regret it in a lot of ways. I wake up several times during the night because I turn the wrong way while sleeping which causes me enough pain to wake up. I am tired and weak and my mom remarked how bad I look with dark circles under my eyes.

I am still on the diet but weight loss has ground to a halt due to my inactivity because of the surgery. I am stuck at 222 pounds. I also find I am growing increasingly angry due to lack of sleep, weakness, tiredness, and pain plus not being able to do anything.

Unread 08-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #47
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

I just sneezed real hard unexpectedly and now there is a noticeable hard bulge around the area of the incision. FML
Unread 08-07-2013, 08:55 PM   #48
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

I got the staples taken out Monday and I feel a lot better. The doctor also gave me extended release 800 mg Motrin which lasts 12 hours.

Later that afternoon I got on the scale and found that so far I have lost 39 pounds. I was so happy to see that.

I had had a rough weekend in a lot of pain and was finally better and after all this time, I really have not cheated on the diet so Monday night I finally did just to kind of celebrate being better from the surgery and the pain subsiding. I went to Applebee's and had three big glasses of water, one small serving of chips and salsa, and one order of boneless buffalo wings, classic buffalo flavor, with ranch dressing a few pieces of celery. I don't think that was too bad of cheat night, especially after all this time and the tough time I have had recently with the surgery and all.

Beginning yesterday, I started walking around the subdivision after work to get a little mild exercise like the doctor recommended.
Unread 08-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #49
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Man you are a much stronger person than me. I could never keep to the diet through all that. Keep it up man you're doing a great job.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:51 PM   #50
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Just a short update. The surgery continued to give problems until yesterday I think I am finally better, but not perfect. It has more to do with the damage caused by staples than the actual incision. Interestingly enough, during this healing process, I found I became very hungry for steak as well as almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds, and pistachios. So I decided to mildly partake in those things figuring my body was telling me that's what was needed to complete the repairs. Once I did that, the healing process went a lot better. Unfortunately, the nuts caused me to gain a couple of pounds, especially since my activity level has been very low since the surgery. I decided to continue with the walking, at a more brisk pace and a longer distance. I also got very strict on my eating. As a result, I lost the couple of pounds I gained and then some.

I weighed in a couple of days ago and I am now at 215 pounds. I started at 255. That is 40 pounds i have lost, for those of you in Rio Linda.

I feel I am gaining strength in my chest. I am not sure why, but I like it.

I got tired of clothes not fitting and having such a terrible time trying to stop my pants from falling down at work, that I bought five new pants and five new shirts for work along with a new, much smaller belt. I got the belt so that it fits while being on the second notch. I have already moved to the third or fourth notch since the purchase. Although I didn't like spending $700 on clothes, it is important for me to look good at work and nothing I had fit anymore.

I am still going easy with my physical activity. I am not lifting weights or really working out because of the surgery, but at least I am walking. I am thinking about starting to swim.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.