Prot loses weight or dies trying - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > Prot loses weight or dies trying

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 06-03-2013, 05:10 AM   #16
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Nice!

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #17
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quick update. I got on the scale this morning.

14 pounds so far.

Jeans fit better and t-shirts look better.

I just took my blood pressure and it is 145/89.

While I know that number is not ideal, considering previously I was around 170/93 , this is a marked improvement and I anticipate it getting even better.
Unread 06-14-2013, 12:18 AM   #18
Black Hills TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Great work! Keep it up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSuck
damnit i wish i could get bigger quicker
Check out www.blackhillsjeeps.com!
Black Hills TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #19
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

I took my blood pressure this afternoon and was quite pleased to find it 128 / 75

Since I have been monitoring my blood pressure I have never had a reading that low.

I am still taking 10 mg altace once per day, but if it continues dropping, I may go see the doctor and reduce it down to 5 mg.
Unread 06-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #20
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Nice! This is perfect motivation for my friend who really needs to lose weight.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #21
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Although I am somewhat skeptical, I just got on the scale at my sister's house. On the one hand my regular meal I eat for lunch has been consistently improving as for healthiness of it and reduced portion side plus. I have been doing more outdoor activity as well as intentionally walking down the hallways at excessively at a brisk pace when I need a break, I am stunned by possible results based on what I saw on the scale.

It says I am now at 226 pounds! I started this diet at 255 pounds. That is 29 pounds of weight lost, for those of you in Rio Linda.

The more I lose the more motivated I am.

Good blood pressure, substantial weight loss, and better appearance.

I don't snore anymore, but I still have some respiratory problems as evidence by aching lungs while I was mowing my grass yesterday with a push mower. It's getting better though.

Anyone with a multitude of weight related health issues such as high blood pressure should follow my thread and consider getting on this plan.

Before all this, I had reached a point where I showed my parents my 401K and various other money I have is figuring it was a matter of time before I was done for.

I even went for a ride on my Harley yesterday for the first time in almost a year. I had stopped riding due to health issues.

Again, I still have a lot of weight to lose and I need to work on cardiovascular, but the results have been so encouraging that I keep trying harder to do better. On Friday I refused to go to my daily business lunch because the place they were going was not only unhealthy, but notoriously over salty on every single item. Instead, I went to a locally owned grocery store and filled up a box lunch from their salad buffet and ate it alone in the atrium at my office. That is how determined I am.
Unread 06-16-2013, 03:06 PM   #22
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

You should also start doing some posture exercises. Extra weight can make you slouch forward, making it harder for everything in the ribs. Work on thoracic extension and scapular retraction to really open your chest up. I've been doing these every morning and it's amazing how much easier I breathe and how less sore I am because my posture is better.

Unread 06-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #23
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, I need to work on posture because for about a week now the muscles in my back have been burning like they are on fire, forcing me to take ibuprofen when I can't stand it no more. It burns so bad that my eyes water from the pain.

None of my stomach or abdominal muscles work due to severed nerves (long story but the scars on my belly are the worst I have seen on anybody) which makes my back muscles do all the work of supporting my torso. When this first happened in 1998, I had to wear a back brace until my back muscles got strong enough to hold me up.

The burning in these muscles felt like it did during that period in 1998. It only started one week ago, almost like it is part of losing the weight. Maybe it's from losing back fat? Sitting in a recliner helps a lot, and sitting in my Jeep also helps.

That's the only real negative thing that has happened so far, but I am going to conquer it.

The first time my last girlfriend saw me without a shirt she had to get drunk first because the scars are that severe, deep, wide, and covering such large areas. I broke up with her December 24, 1999.
Unread 06-16-2013, 08:41 PM   #24
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post
Yeah, I need to work on posture because for about a week now the muscles in my back have been burning like they are on fire, forcing me to take ibuprofen when I can't stand it no more. It burns so bad that my eyes water from the pain.

None of my stomach or abdominal muscles work due to severed nerves (long story but the scars on my belly are the worst I have seen on anybody) which makes my back muscles do all the work of supporting my torso. When this first happened in 1998, I had to wear a back brace until my back muscles got strong enough to hold me up.

The burning in these muscles felt like it did during that period in 1998. It only started one week ago, almost like it is part of losing the weight. Maybe it's from losing back fat? Sitting in a recliner helps a lot, and sitting in my Jeep also helps.

That's the only real negative thing that has happened so far, but I am going to conquer it.

The first time my last girlfriend saw me without a shirt she had to get drunk first because the scars are that severe, deep, wide, and covering such large areas. I broke up with her December 24, 1999.
Damn man. I've seen your story on here a couple times.

The best thing you can do is to workout your back. Since your back is supporting you, the stronger it is the less work you'll be doing. It'll help your posture tremendously.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #25
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

To add to that, there are SOOO many stabilizer muscles that don't get hit doing normal back exercises

Unread 06-17-2013, 07:32 AM   #26
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

It is just so strange that this pain only started about a week ago.
Unread 06-27-2013, 06:09 AM   #27
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Time for an update.

As suspected, my sister's scale is wrong hence the 29 pounds indicated on father's day was wrong by about ten pounds.

The good news is I have been checking my progress on the scale I have been using all along and as of yesterday I am at 231 pounds compared to I started this diet at 255.

I have been feeling pretty good and my blood pressure remains very good. I am thinking about getting a glucose meter because sometimes I suddenly get very weak and light headed. That was happening very often for a week or two but seems to be subsiding. Diabetes runs rampant in my family and my sister has hypoglycemia (low sugar).

I am feeling so much better that I am riding my motorcycle. Not only does being out in the fresh air do me good, I find it makes my biceps, chest, and to some extent my back feel like I have been working out.

The burning back muscles are not happening as often but I have been able to point to my chair at work as a culprit. I have made an extra effort to improve my posture while sitting in it plus I have been getting up and walking around more while at work which has helped. I still need to get a new chair though.
Unread 07-05-2013, 05:09 AM   #28
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Weighed in yesterday. I have lost 30 pounds, so I am down to 225.

I can't believe how good this is working and how much I enjoy eating like this, not to mention how much more free time I have.
Unread 07-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #29
Black Hills TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

30 lbs...45 days. Keep kicking ***!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSuck
damnit i wish i could get bigger quicker
Check out www.blackhillsjeeps.com!
Black Hills TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 06:57 PM   #30
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

This whole weight loss thing has become increasingly painful. My back is doing better, but on Monday or Tuesday, my sternum was hurting me so bad when I woke up I almost could not get out of bed. I have immense responsibilities at work so I struggled to get dressed and still go to work where I ended up loading up on ibuprofen throughout the day. By the afternoon I could not stand it any longer and called my doctor to make an appointment. I have scheduled an appointment on Monday to get checked out because the amount of pain I am in is horrible and I have no explanation. While I am there, I will also get my health screening exam done as required by my insurance to prevent my premiums from going up 20%. I am continuing the ibuprofen as necessary but I am trying to limit it to not trash my liver.

The pain is not in my heart and not in my muscles. It is the center of my breast bone.

Sitting certain ways helps some and sitting certain ways makes it a little worse.

I am continuing with the diet and I am still losing weight. I find myself staring in the mirror often and for an unusually long time when I get dressed in the morning. I have also noticed people treating me better. Everywhere I go, I find everyone wants to hold the door open for me, even though they are strangers. That used to never happen, so it is a strange but interesting phenomenon.

I still have a long way to go, but but I see significant progress beyond what the scale says.

Thanks everyone for the kind words of encouragement, especially Cassafrass.

I can't wait for Monday to get here so I can get checked out by the doctor. The pain was pretty bad today.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.