Proper breathing during squats - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > Proper breathing during squats

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing our NEW JK tail light adapter wiring harness!!

Unread 04-12-2014, 03:08 PM   #1
Agony Wagon
Anti-Seizeaholic

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Proper breathing during squats

Found a good video showing how to breath during a squat, and thought I'd share it with y'all.

Inhale with the diaphragm, hold it, and keep your core as tight as you possibly can.

Once I started paying very careful attention on building as much pressure as I could, that extra stability allowed me to control the rate of descent better, and coming up out of the hole was so much easier, it almost felt like I was floating the first several inches.

Also, get a good thick belt. Leather, 10-13mm or thicker. Cinch it up as tight as you can, with the bottom of the belt just above your navel. Use the breathing technique shown above, and your abs will press against the belt, which will build even more intra-abdominal pressure, creating even more stability. And unlike some types of equipment, a belt doesn't create any sort of deficiency in your strength or technique. Learning that last fact was a key selling point for me to start using one. If you can squat properly with a belt, you'll still be able to squat properly without it.

Pro tip: If you're going to squat with proper technique, remember to drop a deuce before starting your squat workout, or you may end up dropping one while you're in the rack.

Agony Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.