organics and weight training anyone? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Fitness and Nutrition > organics and weight training anyone?

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Building a Bumper?

Unread 06-02-2014, 01:21 AM   #1
Muddeprived

organics and weight training anyone?

Does anyone combine organics and weightlifting?

Weight Lifting used to be a pretty big thing to me back in the day and I would eat any source of protein/carbohydrates that I could get my hands on. I went from a 20 year old 155 lb skinny 6'1" kid to 198 lb hulk in 3 months back then. Good times.

I fell off the workout train years back, ate crappy, and didn't pay any attention to my health and it showed. I was sick alot, had high blood pressure, and missed a ton of work. I think I was hovering around 195 lbs and body fat around 18%. Ehhh....

When I got word about my high BP, I was given a choice of taking a pill or exercising and I told them I'll take care of it myself. I got into juicing with organic fruits and veggies (that's all I drank, with the exception of eggs and fish every now and then) and 6 weeks later my BP was excellent and I dropped down to 180 lbs. My doctor was amazed but did not comment on the juicing part, which was odd but then I later learned about how it's not "profitable" and all that. (sigh)

I decided that I needed more strength and energy cuz I'm getting older (34) and my job only gets harder so I started a new workout (heavy weight lifting) program 9 weeks ago with organic nutrition and went from 185 to 170 and my strength has increased so drastically that I'm increasing weight on exercises almost every week. I feel super-energized every day, all day, and my health is excellent. A nice perk of eating organically is that you drop the fat without the need of heavy cardio. My body has never been this ripped and muscular and it feels great!

My diet consists of 90% organic fruits/veggies/eggs/fish/free range grass fed organic beef and only one supplement: Gold Standard Natural Whey protein mainly because going to the store for eggs every two days is a chore and it's the only protein I could find that has the most natural ingredients and less artificial stuff. I used to be a big time EAS user.

One of the things I've noticed since I started eating organics is that I hardly ever get sick anymore. I used to get sick and set records for call-offs at work every year but I haven't had the slightest cold since I've became an organic eater nearly two years ago and I never call off anymore. The doctor no longer "exists" to me. I work in a high-traffic environment where hundreds of people contact the same things I touch so it's very common to catch sicknesses from others. While alot of my co-workers were getting sick during "sick season", I was trekking along all fine and dandy. I was so thrilled with the results that I got my mother into it. My mother babysits my sister's kids every weekend is has always been sick from what the kids spread from school and her diet was never that great. I got her into the organic juicing routine and she has not been sick in 9 months, which is unreal for her (60 years old).

So I think the combination of eating organically while body building is netting crazy cool results for me that I would otherwise have to work so much harder for. I was never a big fan of organics back then but the results I'm experiencing has changed my outlook on it. I'm really looking forward to the next couple months to see how much further I progress with this nutrition/workout routine.

Flux Capacitor Heat Machine
Muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2014, 06:12 AM   #2
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

lots of sugar in that fruit smoothie stuff, but what ever works for you, good job.
pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2014, 06:46 AM   #3
Muddeprived

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentastarguy View Post
lots of sugar in that fruit smoothie stuff, but what ever works for you, good job.
My shakes are fruits/veggies blended with a vitamix. nothing but plant based ingredients in it (except the protein).

My favorite so far:

carrots
spinach
tomato
blueberry
banana
pineapple
kiwi
and scoop of protein
Unread 06-02-2014, 11:22 AM   #4
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

again lots of sugar, but if its working go for it.
Unread 06-02-2014, 11:35 AM   #5
Muddeprived

Quote:
again lots of sugar, but if its working go for it.
Please explain.
Unread 06-03-2014, 04:05 PM   #6
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

carrots, blueberry, kiwi, banana and pineapple are all full of sugar. if you were diabetic, it could raise your sugar to unsafe levels. that being said i have that montel williams thing and wifey and i do have our juice 3 times a week, but only about 5 oz at a time. if you are drinking the large size that they sell at juice stands you could be slowing your progress down. from your post though it sounds like you are having success with your program, so until results stop or you need a change keep doing what you are doing.
Unread 06-03-2014, 09:18 PM   #7
Muddeprived

Quote:
carrots, blueberry, kiwi, banana and pineapple are all full of sugar. if you were diabetic, it could raise your sugar to unsafe levels. that being said i have that montel williams thing and wifey and i do have our juice 3 times a week, but only about 5 oz at a time. if you are drinking the large size that they sell at juice stands you could be slowing your progress down. from your post though it sounds like you are having success with your program, so until results stop or you need a change keep doing what you are doing.
Thanks. I'm not too concerned about the sugar levels since I don't use ALOT of the fruit in the shake. It's more like 5 pieces of pineapple (one pineapple lasts me 5 days), 2 kiwi, 1/2 cup of blueberries, and a banana or two. The rest are greens and veggies. Most of the time I try to fill the shake with mostly greens, but it depends on what's available at my store.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.